Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Ever want a gf/bf just to keep you on track?

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  BetaBoy90 
#1 ·
Like the title says... I have no real interest emotionally of being in a relationship, but lately I've really considered being in one just to have someone get mad at me when I'm being dumb lol I find I'm always so much more focused and on track in life when I'm not single.

/discuss bi**hes

#3 ·
At one point, I definitely felt exactly like this. I remember thinking that the only way I was ever going to accomplish anything was if I was motivated by someone i genuinely cared about. (*examines current life... umm, maybe I was onto something).

Hmmm, well I only speak for myself, but my parents can't really motivate me to do ****.

#12 ·
I can kind of relate.

Most of the time I can't even be bothered to try and meet my potential, or to be the best that I can be, really. But disappointing someone that I care about? That kinda bothers me.

I really don't think codependent relationships are as bad as they're made out to be, either. (I draw the line at giving into self-destruction) I mean, doesn't every relationship has some level of codependency going on?

I dunno.. I guess I've always been a believer in the whole yin/yang theory.

#15 ·
I don't know, man. I gotsta learn to keep myself on track - having a babe on my arm ain't gonna make no diff'rence.

#29 ·
So you'd like somebody to keep an eye on you, slap your hand when you touch the hot stove, and fool around with you, but no emotions? Yep, sounds like a typical guy to me. Good luck. Those girls are out there, but I think you'll find it actually WAS better being single, even if you don't see it now. Gets too messy. Never ends well.

#30 ·
HELL NO! As much as I can see how it would keep you more focused on real life issues and tasks the fakeness and unwanted intimacy would be too much to handle for me. I could have gone down this route last summer, and while I can't speak from experience because we didn't last that long I know it would have been a horrible mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.