I love it when I got a quiet mind - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
impedido10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,184
My Mood: Fine
I love it when I got a quiet mind

It has been like this since 3pm. I hope it stays the same tommorrow.

Improving...
impedido10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:42 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Somewhere
Gender: Female
Posts: 206
How did it go? My mind never shuts up.
dragonfruit is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:55 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Posts: 4,501
My mind never shuts up either. For years, my mind has been giving me hell.
sad1231234 is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
impedido10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,184
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
My mind never shuts up either. For years, my mind has been giving me hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfruit View Post
How did it go? My mind never shuts up.
All your suffering is caused by thoughts. Soo if you desbelieve your thoughts, you get a quiet mind. Simple

Improving...
impedido10 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:41 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Posts: 4,501
Thing is, you cant disbelieve thoughts that are true
sad1231234 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:57 AM
SAS Member
 
Typhoid Mary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Gender: Female
Age: 47
Posts: 123
My Mood: Confused
I find when I'm having unhealthy thoughts, I push them down. It's such an effort though. I write stories in my head to keep my mind occupied. I find reading a good book or gaming is immersive enough to silence my brain. When all that doesn't work, I put my earbuds in and listen to really loud music.
Typhoid Mary is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
impedido10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,184
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Thing is, you cant disbelieve thoughts that are true
Every psycological thought is false. 100%. Show me the thoughts you are having trouble with.

Improving...
impedido10 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
impedido10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,184
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid Mary View Post
I find when I'm having unhealthy thoughts, I push them down. It's such an effort though. I write stories in my head to keep my mind occupied. I find reading a good book or gaming is immersive enough to silence my brain. When all that doesn't work, I put my earbuds in and listen to really loud music.
What you are doing is distracting yourself from thoughts, you are not removing them, you are just being distracted from them.

Improving...
impedido10 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:10 AM
SAS Member
 
Skeletra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway
Gender: Female
Age: 32
Posts: 4,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Thing is, you cant disbelieve thoughts that are true

Save

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert



Skeletra is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
impedido10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,184
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletra View Post

Save
No psycological thought is true. That is the truth

Improving...
impedido10 is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 PM
SAS Member
 
Typhoid Mary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Gender: Female
Age: 47
Posts: 123
My Mood: Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by impedido10 View Post
What you are doing is distracting yourself from thoughts, you are not removing them, you are just being distracted from them.
Correct. Dwelling on negative thoughts allows them to propagate. They twist, grow and consume until I'm pulled down into a spiral of negativity and anxiety. Distracting myself from them makes them eventually quiet until I have a peaceful mind again.
Typhoid Mary is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:46 PM
SAS Member
 
Skeletra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway
Gender: Female
Age: 32
Posts: 4,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by impedido10 View Post
No psycological thought is true. That is the truth
I disagree.
It's good that it's working for you, but it's just not that simple for everyone.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert



Skeletra is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
impedido10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,184
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletra View Post
I disagree.
It's good that it's working for you, but it's just not that simple for everyone.
You havent even tried to desbelieve thoughts, every opinion\belief\fear\anxious thoughts only exist in the mind and are not apart of reality

Improving...
impedido10 is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:00 AM
member
 
mt moyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: k2 east face
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 1,825
our thoughts form our reality. any reality outside our thoughts is irrelevant

today i washed my hands
i want to be alone
i want to fry
----
if it's the thought that counts well count me out
mt moyt is online now  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 01:41 AM
SAS Member
 
Skeletra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway
Gender: Female
Age: 32
Posts: 4,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by impedido10 View Post
You havent even tried to desbelieve thoughts, every opinion\belief\fear\anxious thoughts only exist in the mind and are not apart of reality
Though most of your life may be affected by your perception, those things become true for you. And they appear more true when someone (even yourself) confirms it, whether distorted or not. Still there will always be someone more confident than you, and someone who dislikes you, and someone who makes you feel insecure and awkward, and someone who makes you feel like you don't belong. But there are more to life than just "what ifs" and perceptions.
An absolute truth that might be weighing down on you for example could be the bills you don't have enough money to pay, or that your grandmother is in a hospital and you realize last time you saw her, all those years ago, was the last time ever. Or your own health might be failing at an alarming rate, or maybe that as time progresses, your goals will be less and less obtainable. Thoughts like that also go on constant repeat, eating you from the inside. How would you discredit that? And how would you be so sure that you can allow yourself to discredit the other thoughts?


Note that I say "you" as in an individual in this segment above. It could be me, could be you, could be that guy or this chick. It's just general.


Don't you tell me what I've tried and haven tried. Do you think it's easy to sleep when your mind is constantly screaming at you? Of course I've tried. I can't just discredit everything.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert



Skeletra is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 02:07 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Posts: 4,501
I rarely get a quiet mind haha
sad1231234 is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 02:08 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Posts: 4,501
Thoughts based on facts, for example, the fact that i have social anxiety, the fact that i missed out on a lot of things in life, etc. These cannot be disbelieved
sad1231234 is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
impedido10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,184
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletra View Post
Though most of your life may be affected by your perception, those things become true for you. And they appear more true when someone (even yourself) confirms it, whether distorted or not. Still there will always be someone more confident than you, and someone who dislikes you, and someone who makes you feel insecure and awkward, and someone who makes you feel like you don't belong. But there are more to life than just "what ifs" and perceptions.
An absolute truth that might be weighing down on you for example could be the bills you don't have enough money to pay, or that your grandmother is in a hospital and you realize last time you saw her, all those years ago, was the last time ever. Or your own health might be failing at an alarming rate, or maybe that as time progresses, your goals will be less and less obtainable. Thoughts like that also go on constant repeat, eating you from the inside. How would you discredit that? And how would you be so sure that you can allow yourself to discredit the other thoughts?


Note that I say "you" as in an individual in this segment above. It could be me, could be you, could be that guy or this chick. It's just general.


Don't you tell me what I've tried and haven tried. Do you think it's easy to sleep when your mind is constantly screaming at you? Of course I've tried. I can't just discredit everything.
We dont know whats best for us, that is just a belief\opinion, we have no idea whats best for us since every bad things has good things coming from it, and every good things has bad things.

Soo, since we dont know whats best for us, every outcome is fine , even death.

About goals, we dont need goals to be happy, in fact they cause us anxiety just thinking about failling it (if you still believe that it means something, which it doesnt.)

What have you tried, have you tried seeing the positives in bad things? Have you realized that we dont need achieve anything to be happy?

HAve you tried seeing the full spectrum instead of just believing what your mind says?

Improving...
impedido10 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scared of Young Love? Digestive Relationships 5 01-27-2017 11:40 AM
I dont think I can feel love, and it prohibits me from living a "normal life" 247 Secondary Disorders 4 11-03-2016 12:48 PM
[A SELFISH THREAD] Treasures, Medals, & Booby Traps #2016 Prince Adrian The Arts 385 05-01-2016 02:59 AM
People reading your mind? Read this!!! Airstefan Coping With Social Anxiety 6 04-28-2016 02:50 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome