X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Triumphs Over Social Anxiety

Old 11-28-2005, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I finally got my life back!!

Sorry if this gets a little long, but I wanted to share how my life has gotten so much better.

Well, this has been a long couple of months for me. SA, depression, and panic attacks were pretty much controlling my life. I was able to manage my SA for many years, but the last year I have just lost it. I had to cut back my hours at work to almost nothing which required my wife to go back to work. I dropped all my classes for yet another semester and had all but given up on college.

But things have gotten so much better!! I am on Celexa daily along with Ativan and I am feeling so much like myself. The side effects are minimal and I truly feel like I am myself, and it is not some drug-induced happiness. I am so happy that I am able to function like a normal person.

Ever since I have gotten better, I was able to negotiate a 20% raise in my salary to return to full time so my wife no longer has to work, which is great for our kids. Also, I am doing so much better at work and I am starting to make better friends with my coworkers. I have stopped talking down on myself and really am starting to rebuild my self-esteem and self-confidence.

I have transferred schools and decided to take it slow so I don't end up dropping any more classes. It feels so great to be able to provide for my family and work toward some real attainable goals. I know it is still a long road ahead of me as I know I will always be dealing with this (I have "mini" panic attacks still from time to time), and it sucks to know that I might have to be on meds for a while, but I am just glad to get my life back! I was so scared that I would never be able to return to some state of normalcy in life, but the meds have really helped!

This group has really helped me and I hope there are many others that experience similar success! Hopefully it lasts!
wannabeMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am honestly happy for the way things are turning out for you wannabeMD. Smiles and hugs to you and your family my friend! Woohoo!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Way to go, WannabeMD! Thank you for keeping us posted!
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

That is so awesome to hear!!!!! HUGS
Old 11-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thats Great
missnat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thats great news!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
feelingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

That's so great to hear WannabeMD!!! Its cool to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel for SAers
January 1991-February 19, 2007
lyssado707 is offline   Reply With Quote