Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Booked a trip to Iceland

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  The Notorious D.B.L 
#1 ·
I have never traveled overseas before or flown internationally, or traveled solo/with people I didn't know. I'm doing all of those in August this year, I booked a 7-day vacation to Iceland with a tour group (G Adventures). I am excited but also nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be fine. :afr

#3 ·
That sounds awesome! I suppose you'll miss their famed ice though, seeing as you're going in August. :(

#9 ·
I did a group tour while travelling solo in Thailand. Never again...most people did the 'group tour' with friends from their home country-nothing but cliquey people.I only talked to the (local) Thai tour guide& somewhat to this girl from Hong Kong.Im now solo out here in Cambodia and made connections with a local taxi driver from the airport who will bring me to various places instead tomorrow....I find the locals to be nicer than the other tourists at times.

Anyway have fun in Iceland.And congrats for giving solo travel a shot.

#12 ·
Hope you have a good time. I wouldn't feel comfortable going alone and meeting strange people in a group but you could have a fun, relaxing time and meet people. I want to go to Iceland for the solstice plus radiohead concert. Probably too late for that.
@LostinReverie

How well do you know Haunty? Would you want to go to Iceland with me?

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.