Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

SAS Goodreads Directory

504 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Kilgore Trout 
#1 ·
Hello fellow booklovers! Let's be book buddies! :)

#2 ·
Can't say that I've been a dedicated reader ever since I started attending college, I was good at English class throughout high school and passed the highest level class my first semester of college so I haven't needed to take English in almost two years, and I really only read books from English class. However, two that are memorable for me are "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer and "Rule of the Bone" by Russell Banks. Also "Enrique's Journey" by Sonia Nazario. That one had some especially personal meaning to me.

#3 ·
I'm a verified bibliophile, I am a pretty avid reader. Virtually of every genre.
I need someone to talk about books with, PM me :).

Right now I'm finally getting around to reading 'If on a winter's night a traveller' by Italo Calvino, I only started it today, but I've enjoyed it so far.

Last week, I finished reading I,Claudius (Robert Graves) and I loved every minute of it. I highly recommend it if you have an interest in historical fiction, especially that of Roman history. It is essentially a retelling of one of the more interesting Roman emperors rise to power. It's hard to explain without spoiling the plot elements, but all I will say is that I was bitterly disappointed when it finished, because I didn't want it to end.

#5 ·
Just five messages about Goodreads? I'm also an avid reader, and I find the website pretty good. It could be better in terms of its social aspect (not many interactions are possible there), but I guess other social sites like Facebook etcetera are much better in this. I use it mainly for the recommendations stuff, since it allows me to find great books and authors in an easy way. I'll leave my user, in case anyone wants to befriend me there:

https://goo.gl/jRiVgk

Right now I'm finally getting around to reading 'If on a winter's night a traveller' by Italo Calvino, I only started it today, but I've enjoyed it so far.
I read that too, pretty weird but intense book.

#4 ·
I just finished Furiously Happy: A funny book about horrible things by Jenny Lawson. It's a memoir about mental illness mostly anxiety and depression, I also follow her blog. I read about books a week, I'd read more if I didn't have to work. I had hoped to read 100 books this year but I think I'll be about 15 or so short. Yes I know I am a book geek.

#8 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.