The Feeling Good Handbook - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 02:35 PM
SAS Member

It's a good book -- passed onto me ffrom someone who was hospitalized...Hard to get started when your in the deep end but going back to it and sticking with it can only be a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 01:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanspaceman View Post
It's a good book -- passed onto me ffrom someone who was hospitalized...Hard to get started when your in the deep end but going back to it and sticking with it can only be a good thing.
I started with the CBT book by Sam Obitz which is much easier to digest and then moved to The Feeling Good book and it was not so overwhelming that way. Great books!
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
SAS Member

How's everything Urbanspaceman?
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
SAS Member

This book is very good, but his other book is 10 times better. It's called "10 Days to Self Esteem." I like it because it takes you step by step, slowly, through using his techniques to help your mood. Not only does he take you step by step but he also urges you tondo the one thing that will make the difference - help yourself. He states it very clealy that unless you do the exer uses then it will not work. Do the exer uses and watch what happens.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
SAS Member

Thx I'll definitely check it out. It sounds a lot like the by the CBT book by Obitz which I also liked better than Feeling Good, because it was much more condensed and on point. Thx again!
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 04:23 PM
SAS Member

Ignorance leads to doubt though. If it were that practical and simple to rationalize away worry, fear, doubt, guilt, anxiety, shame, then the world would be a different place. Of course, it is practical to tell others to stop feeling bad. In several ways. But your mind, or perspective, is never as simple as others want it to be.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 AM
SAS Member

Not sure I understand your point, but always good to hear differing points of view. I hope you find something that helps you
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 AM
SAS Member

Yes, this is a good book.Yes, it's worth reading. By the way, are you not tired of reading these kind of books that never help you much?
I'm glad you enjoy this book! As I said it's worth reading. As a matter of fact, I don't even know why you like this book so much. Perhaps you only want to read it the same way you read many other self-help books, which didn't help you much. Or perhaps you just want to read it because it looks interesting.....
Fortunately, there are people who still have hope and always want to learn new ways how to cope with their social anxiety, depression or any other mental disorder. They try different therapies or self-help books, which are helpful but fail to address the core problem.

Have you ever imagined that there is a revolutionary method to COMPLETELY cure any type of mental disorder? Have you ever imagined that the cause of all mental disorders has been discovered?

One year ago, I was in the same situation like you. I suffered from anxiety and depression and I wanted to find better ways to cope with it. I had been suffering from social anxiety for 6 years! It almost ruined my life. I tired different therapies, drugs, and self-help books, which didn't help me much.... Fortunately, I wasn't like most people. I didn't want to give up searching for a cure for my social anxiety and depression. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life talking about superficial self-help books and trying endless therapies hoping that they may reduce my anxiety...
. I wanted to find a way to cure my anxiety completely, once and for all.

One day, as I was searching on the internet I came across this article:

Unique and Revolutionary Approach

I learned about the existence of a revolutionary method that can cure any type of mental disorder. It's creation was started by Carl Jung, the most famous psychiatrist of the 20th century. He wanted to find a way to completely cure any type of mental illness.
He discovered many things but he couldn't finish the creation of the method. He died in 1961.

His research was recently continued by another researcher. It was discovered the cause of all mental disorders and the only method to completely cure any type of mental illness. This is an unique opportunity for everyone to cure his mental illness. If you are open-minded and wiling to cure your mental disorder you should use this method.
It's life changing.
Besides, you have nothing to loose.

It seems like nobody posts here anymore. I'm going to leave the forum and never post again. I'm free from anxiety and depression like many others.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
SAS Member

I totally disagree that this book was useless... If it were not for this CBT book and the one by Sam Obitz, I would still be on meds and struggling rather than living and enjoying my life today.
Different strokes for different folks and I'm glad you found success in another form but that does not diminish the value of CBT or this book.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 04:55 AM
SAS Member

Home Recover Program for Social Anxiety

I tried this and it helped. Although I went thru program 2 x because with my anxiety I can't retain information like I use to. Check this out. Hope you find http://a3cd660coem23wh6rhxgpbmif6.hop.clickbank.net/ it helpful as I did.
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 06:16 PM
n/a

I found this book in the basement the other day. I must have bought it a few years ago, but never took the time to read it. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but so far it is good. It gives me some hope that I can get better without medication, which I've become pretty adamant on never wanting to try again.
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 07:18 PM
UnDeRrAtED

My Mood: Tired
Good book on overcoming or helping people with depression and even has a chapter on social anxiety. I enjoy reading it for alone time.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 06:18 PM
SAS Member

A good book if you can kind of just "flow" with the advice and not punch holes in everything like I did. It took me a lot of time to not over think the steps and exercises, but once I did, it can be helpful. Not a cure-all or an alternative to medication if you have a real issue with depression or anxiety, but it's a nice adjunct and a good way in general to become a self actualized human being.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Dreamer with a big heart

Is this book recommended to everyone or specifically people who are currently in treatment and have more experience with CBT? I am inexperienced with CBT and is just getting started, I'm afraid this book may be too advanced for me.

"You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it come true" -Richard Bach
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 09:32 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociallyAwkwardNotStuckUp View Post
Is this book recommended to everyone or specifically people who are currently in treatment and have more experience with CBT? I am inexperienced with CBT and is just getting started, I'm afraid this book may be too advanced for me.
The book thoroughly explains CBT and how to apply it yourself to almost any problem, so you don't need experience to read it. It's probably a good idea to have a therapist, though, if you have trouble looking at your own problems objectively. But read the book.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanspaceman View Post
The Feeling Good Handbook
When you said the last syllable "book" you lost my interest. I was looking/hoping for a different syllable.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 11:31 AM
No flex zone

The feeling good handbook is pretty much my bible. Much recommended.

“Problems cannot be solved with the same mind set that created them.”

Face one fear every day.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 01:38 PM
SAS Member

ANXIETY, Somebody help me!! Author: Sara Burillo.
EXCELLENT!!! Fully Recommended!!
This book saved me... I hope it will help you
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 06:30 PM
SAS Member

Great post! I am interested in reading this book as well. I like the idea that it is interested with ending defeatism. I think anyone could benefit from a practice like that.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page