has anyone ever tried CBD oil? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Aly
Social outcast

has anyone ever tried CBD oil?

I've read online that it works wonders. I'm sick of taking medication and feeling out of it all of the time. CBD is a pure ingredient that is in cannabis. it doesn't contain any THC. it can come in a bottled oil that can be put into a e-cig or vape and can be smoked. has anyone ever tried this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Reforming

last year i went to amsterdam just for the sake of buying the supposedly high CBD content cannabis strains,
but those strains still had plenty of THC.

supposedly "high CBD" content weed, still made me feel anxious though.
i never tried CBD oil.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to fears, addictions and depression, and many enter through it."

So he said to the Socially Anxious People: "Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves."

"Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - The cure
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 10:40 AM
SAS Member

I smoke a decent amount of weed, and am familiar with CBD oil. Not, that I've ever tried it, but I know what it is. There's also a strain of weed called "Charlotte's web" (actually has an amazing story behind it) that has high CBD, low THC as well.

I guess the one thing I don't really understand though is, this idea (that you are not alone in, and is floated around a lot) that people are sick of medication, and instead want something natural. From my POV, it's all the same thing. Switching one medication for another medication. The only real difference is societies view of what constitutes a "medication". But, if you are taking CBD oil, or Ginsing, or believe that believe that eating high doses of fruit loops helps you, it's still medicating. They all still have their own host of side effects. Just because one medication is approved by the FDA, while the other grows in nature, doesn't really change that. The degree with which some people take this (imo) is kind of crazy (and to be clear I'm not talking about you). Like, some people would rather spend hundreds of dollars a months trying crazy natural stuff, because it's natural, when it's doing the same thing as the other meds (altering brain chemistry, resulting in some positive stuff, and some negative stuff).

Sorry for going off topic a bit, but I guess my point is this. If you look online in the right spots, you can literally find positive reviews about anything. "CBD is a pure ingredient in Cannabis", doesn't really mean anything. You say you're sick of medications, but the manner you are proposing to use CBD oil in, is still a medication. Just a medication that's illegal most of North America. There's still going to be side effects with it. The benefits are probably still not going to take away all your problems, just like other medications don't take away all your problems. It may calm your body down a bit, I don't know, but it's not going to be a perfect miracle cure or anything that can be counted on for the rest of your life, imo.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Permanently Banned

I would like to try it but it's not legal in my area. In Colorado I know its legal and some other states. ive read good things about it, takes away anxiety but also lets you feel clear headed. Where do you live? If you are in an area where it's legal you can even grow it on your own
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 04:24 PM
SAS Member

I have a solo arizer vaporizer. If it worked with oils I'd be all over those CBD ones. I've also heard things about it helping anxiety, but every one is so different, anyway. I never have faith in much of anything(besides alcohol, unfortunately)
Then again, every single form of medication/drug/whatever seems to help peoples anxiety, if the internet and forums are to be believed.

It's so cheap, and IDK if it's illegal in some states, but it is legal to buy it online. It seems like something worth trying. Anything is when you're desperate or motivated enough, right?
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaxanCloak View Post
I have a solo arizer vaporizer. If it worked with oils I'd be all over those CBD ones. I've also heard things about it helping anxiety, but every one is so different, anyway. I never have faith in much of anything(besides alcohol, unfortunately)
Then again, every single form of medication/drug/whatever seems to help peoples anxiety, if the internet and forums are to be believed.

It's so cheap, and IDK if it's illegal in some states, but it is legal to buy it online. It seems like something worth trying. Anything is when you're desperate or motivated enough, right?
Do you know where to buy it online? I've seen it on Amazon but it was in very low doses . I've read you need a very high dose to get any effect
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 05:29 PM
SAS Member

I bought some off amazon about 4 months ago, "cibdex 2oz / 500mg". I have no idea how the stuff's ideally dosed, but I bought the one with the bigger numbers.

I took about twice what was recommended (iirc 4 squirts under the tongue vs 2). Honestly I couldn't tell if it affected me at all, but sometimes I thought I did. Definitely nothing intoxicating, maybe minorly anxiolytic. It's on my list of "couldn't tell" alternatives.

There is charlottes web available at dispensaries near me, tempted to try it. Regular THC strains are way too intoxicating to be a functional therapy for me. Also if you live somewhere that dry bud is available legally, "leafly" is a good site to research high cbd strains near you.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 05:34 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle0 View Post
Do you know where to buy it online? I've seen it on Amazon but it was in very low doses . I've read you need a very high dose to get any effect
Here you go

it says it's 100% legal in the USA, so I hope it's not against the TOS on here to share this website >_<

It says:
"1 oml CBD oil, 30mg by volume."
I dunno what a high dose is, but it says it's 100% pure CBD.

It's actually not as cheap as I thought. But then again, I dunno how long a $35 bottle would last someone. My friend goes through 1g of greenz in a day, whereas It'd last me a month.

Also, it's my understanding that Amazon only sells "hemp based" cbd oil, which supposedly isn't the same thing.
If people didnt have good luck with amazon, i'd wager it's because they're buying the wrong stuff.
Do a search of "reddit cbd oil" and you'll find some info on where to buy quality stuff. Possibly this link
I pretty much just add the word "reddit" in front of most of my google searches; always great results from a community of people that have knowledge about whatever topic I'm interested in.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 06:24 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

How's your solo arizer?

I just bought a flowermate 5.0, and absolutely love the thing.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 06:27 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourgrapes View Post
I bought some off amazon about 4 months ago, "cibdex 2oz / 500mg". I have no idea how the stuff's ideally dosed, but I bought the one with the bigger numbers.

I took about twice what was recommended (iirc 4 squirts under the tongue vs 2). Honestly I couldn't tell if it affected me at all, but sometimes I thought I did. Definitely nothing intoxicating, maybe minorly anxiolytic. It's on my list of "couldn't tell" alternatives.

There is charlottes web available at dispensaries near me, tempted to try it. Regular THC strains are way too intoxicating to be a functional therapy for me. Also if you live somewhere that dry bud is available legally, "leafly" is a good site to research high cbd strains near you.
Do you think leafly has any merit?

I notice hardly any difference from 1 type of weed to the next, and either do any of my friends. Like maybe I'll notice a difference between a strong indica vs a strong sativa. And, obviously there's a difference between like 5% thc weed, and 22% weed. But, all that leafly stuff, where they are treating weed, like a connoisseur would for fine wines, or beer? I just don't get that stuff.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 06:34 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey23 View Post
How's your solo arizer?

I just bought a flowermate 5.0, and absolutely love the thing.
Well, I havent smoked much. It's all new to me, and I'm still ignorant to the whole herb scene. Someone convinced me it was good for anxiety(it makes my social skills worse, I turn into a mute zombie)

But from the little I have smoked, and from what my friends tell me when they use it for herb, it's amazzzzing. Right away they're always "holyyy cow, this tastes great!", which I dont understand. It's also incredibly smooth on the lungs compared to how my friends smoke(I've used their glass pipes and stuff and it's terrible - kills my lungs)
And I guess it's more potent so you waste less.
I have no complaints with it. Every one wants to use it when they do smoke - they'll ask if I brought it with me haha. And these are hardcore stoners so I just assume it's good >_<

I think my problem is that it's too potent, and I smoke too much. I've never experimented with strains or how many hits I take. But every time it turns me into a mute zombie that wants to hide from my friends, listen to music, and awkwardly run my hands all over myself because of the euphoria, haha. My tolerance is obviously very low.

At the time of my purchase, the Arizer Solo was supposedly the best portable vaporizer. I'm sure it's still a worthwhile purchase today, and it's much cheaper now

Oh, and as for my Leafly experience, it is nice to hunt down certain strains. I do notice slight differences. Some knock me out and that's cool if I cant sleep because of major pain. But some have made me slightly upbeat and more social at times. But it's all so completely random, especially based on how many hits I take. It's not financially feasible for me to just keep experimenting with different strains. I barely smoke, and I still feel guilty for spending $20 on 1g, which lasts me forever. I have no idea how my friends can go through 1g in a day and then do it again and again the next days. Sounds like a terrible financial burden.
I do know that every time I buy the top shelf stuff, my stoner friends are always bragging about how amazing the effect is. I never even tell them it was the good stuff - they just know it. So some people can tell the difference!
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 06:43 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey23 View Post
Do you think leafly has any merit?

I notice hardly any difference from 1 type of weed to the next, and either do any of my friends. Like maybe I'll notice a difference between a strong indica vs a strong sativa. And, obviously there's a difference between like 5% thc weed, and 22% weed. But, all that leafly stuff, where they are treating weed, like a connoisseur would for fine wines, or beer? I just don't get that stuff.
I just mean in terms of finding names of very low thc, high cbd strains, like charlottes web (there are a few others).

I'm a huge lightweight with "regular" weed, and couldn't tell you what it was based on how I felt. I don't smoke often, its results are pretty unpredictable for me, whether I feel good or bad.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 06:46 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I just mean in terms of finding names of very low thc, high cbd strains, like charlottes web (there are a few others).

I'm a huge lightweight with "regular" weed, and couldn't tell you what it was based on how I felt. I don't smoke often, its results are pretty unpredictable for me, whether I feel good or bad.
Oh I gotcha, sorry I misinterpreted.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 06:52 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Well, I havent smoked much. It's all new to me, and I'm still ignorant to the whole herb scene. Someone convinced me it was good for anxiety(it makes my social skills worse, I turn into a mute zombie)

But from the little I have smoked, and from what my friends tell me when they use it for herb, it's amazzzzing. Right away they're always "holyyy cow, this tastes great!", which I dont understand. It's also incredibly smooth on the lungs compared to how my friends smoke(I've used their glass pipes and stuff and it's terrible - kills my lungs)
And I guess it's more potent so you waste less.
I have no complaints with it. Every one wants to use it when they do smoke - they'll ask if I brought it with me haha. And these are hardcore stoners so I just assume it's good >_<

I think my problem is that it's too potent, and I smoke too much. I've never experimented with strains or how many hits I take. But every time it turns me into a mute zombie that wants to hide from my friends, listen to music, and awkwardly run my hands all over myself because of the euphoria, haha. My tolerance is obviously very low.

At the time of my purchase, the Arizer Solo was supposedly the best portable vaporizer. I'm sure it's still a worthwhile purchase today, and it's much cheaper now
Haha nice. Yeah, the people I know that smoke a lot of weed always want to see mine, and talk about it, lol.

I hear ya on the social aspect. I smoked every day for a while, mostly on my own, but I have to watch it because it can effect me socially if I do it too much for a while. Like even the next day I'll still be kind of paranoid, and it takes a couple days for me to get back to normal.

While smoking though, I don't think it makes my anxiety especially worse. But for the most part, I'll only be talking to 1-2 people while stoned. Not like a group of people, which may be another game all together.

The thing I like most about it though is I just quit smoking, and this allows my to kind of experience the good effects, without hurting my lungs. So, I can still go for a jog, or play basketball without being winded.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:

I just looked it up on Amazon. I got cibdex a while ago but I think it was only the 100 mg not the 500 mg, and it did nothing for me. The 500 mg one was around 100 bucks right? I didn't want to spend the money lol.

If you're going to try bud I recommend trying an indica dominant strain if you haven't already. sativa dominant ones tend to give me anxiety. the only problem is if you smoke too much you just get so relaxed you fall asleep. For someone like me who has trouble sleeping that was crazy to me that I just drifted asleep like that so easily
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 05:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle0 View Post
I just looked it up on Amazon. I got cibdex a while ago but I think it was only the 100 mg not the 500 mg, and it did nothing for me. The 500 mg one was around 100 bucks right? I didn't want to spend the money lol.

If you're going to try bud I recommend trying an indica dominant strain if you haven't already. sativa dominant ones tend to give me anxiety. the only problem is if you smoke too much you just get so relaxed you fall asleep. For someone like me who has trouble sleeping that was crazy to me that I just drifted asleep like that so easily
That sounds about right, I believe I paid ~$90 to a 3rd party seller. Based on the results I got I probably won't try the serum thing again. Thanks for the tip on indica!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 05:22 PM
SAS Member

Havent tried CDB oils (have tried other oils, panic attack city!) but i have tried this strain of bud called ACDC. Very high CBD very low THC.
I took a solid bong hit and almost instantly I felt more relaxed. I dont usually notice but my shoulders, neck, chest even my arms and legs tense up alot of the time due to my anxiety (which in turn causes fatigue and other problems). But when I smoked this my whole body calmed down and in turn my mind did as well it was so amazing I felt tears coming on i rarely feel at peace like I did.
I drive 2 hours to stock up on this stuff ha. Try it out

That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the freakin way she goes
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Aly
Social outcast

**** i'd try all of the strains that yall are recommending but weed isn't legal here. **** this state
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Bearer of Peace

I have been smoking for over 5 years, I am 19 currently, and it used to do wonders for my anxiety. Although for some reason THC has stopped working for me. I usually only smoke high CBD weed which still has a very small percentage of THC in it, which in unfortunate. I have never tried CBD oil but I know for a fact that CBD is amazing for anxiety. THC contains the psychoactive chemical that makes you feel really high. CBD does not contain that chemical, making you feel clear headed and motivated. I blaze all the time, I live in AZ where it is medically legal and I have my MMJ card. I still smoke THC weed but there is such a HUUUGE difference between THC and CBD it is insane. I highly suggest trying CBD because it has helped me so much. Everyone is effected differently by everything but CBD personally makes me feel great. It does not make me more confident or anything, but it does make me less anxious. I am able to go into stores and talk and generally do things easier. I work at a doctors office as an office manager. It is a very fast paced working environment and I am able to smoke fat before I go into work (CBD only) and make conversation and still be successful at my job. It honestly is amazing and i suggest everyone to give it a try. It may not benefit everyone but it will not do any harm so why not try it?
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Bearer of Peace

Dude ACDC is amazing!! I am smoking that right now. I love it! It is my favorite high CBD budd that I have tried so far. It really does make you feel a lot more relaxed. I couldn't believe that I actually found budd that worked
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page