Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What is the longest you have slept for?

2K views 28 replies 29 participants last post by  lackofflife 
#1 ·
There was a time were I went to bed about 5.30pm and woke up about 6.15am the next day so 12.45 hours for me

#2 ·
It's hard for me to go to sleep. Or even sleep peacefully. I'm always scared that I wont wake up, so I don't want to fall asleep. Otherwise, I feel like I'll miss something important if I fall asleep at a certain time (even though I don't know what I'm supposed to look out for).

for the past few weeks, my sleeping has been erratic. I can't remember the last time I've slept for 12 or more hours straight. Some days I'll stay in bed for 12+ hours, but I'll go into cycles of sleeping an hour, waking up and staying awake for a bit, then sleeping again.....then the cycle repeats.

It's awful, I never feel truly rested or relaxed.

#7 ·
I've long been unable to sleep for more than 2-3 hours straight (if that long, even) due to a bladder condition. The longest, straight, I've probably ever slept in recent memory is maybe 3.5 hours or so...that amazed me. Really good night.

Even if that weren't so, I suffer from chronic fatigue but have OCD and a daily "routine" to follow, so I force myself to get up so I don't sleep all day...otherwise, if I were physically able, I would. I feel like I'd need 10 hours or more to feel rested. :/

#8 ·
When I was on certain anti-depressants I could sleep like that but now I can't sleep more than about 6 hours uninterrupted. I can go back to sleep if I use the meditation method of blanking my mind but sometimes once I wake up I can't shut my mind off. So usually once my motor mind gets going there is no shutting it off. Ugh!

#10 ·
Idk, probably 16 hours straight. When I was in a junior college right after high school I got a job at a plant making PVC pipe, and we had rotating shifts. That was years ago but I want to say it was like eight days on, one day off, repeated for three or four weeks then you'd get almost an entire week off. That was crazy because it was really good money, I bought a good used car after working there for one summer, but they let us volunteer for overtime and we'd end up working way, way too much. Sixteen and eighteen hour days or more were not uncommon. Paychecks were really nice though. But I remember coming home after one of those eight day runs ended, and just sleeping forever.

I actually probably have slept for longer than that, probably close to 24 hours before. But that was in my early twenties, during my drug days, when I had a really bad coke habit, and tried pretty much every drug known to man (with the exception of heroin). I started out doing bumps of coke at a party and then got introduced to a friend who knew a dealer, then I got to know the dealer, then I had two dealers, because yeah, one wasn't enough, ffs. I went from doing bumps to doing grams, to eight balls, and half ounces, and then ounces, and then buying even more than that a few times. Thank God I don't do that **** anymore. But yeah my friends and I would do that and / or speed, and drink....and the coke and speed let you party for what seemed like days. And then we'd crash, and sleep for forever. I'm very sure I've slept for more than 24 hours before. Like I said I'm so, so glad I don't put that stuff in my body anymore.

#14 ·
Maybe 18 or more(I don't think I ever slept the whole day but maybe I have). I used to have job would work me real hard, I'd be up 24-40 hours so once I got home I would sleep the rest of the day. Wouldn't really wake(besides to use the bathroom) till I had to get ready for my 2nd job the next morning (or I would wake whenever if I didn't have to work...sometime in the morning).

#20 ·
Damn. Some people's longest sleeps are as long as my normal ones. :um

#21 ·
I know, I was expecting to be topped before I posted, but no... I have a sucky time sleeping, but yeah, 10 to 12 isn't uncommon for me.

My longest? It was at least 20 hours. I mean, depression, definitely. But also, lack of sleep, being ill... When my hand/arm was healing from a car wreck, I'd easily pass out at 7 or 8pm and wake up at about the same time the next day. Build up some sleep deprivation and start over. So I'll reserve guess 22 to 24 hours was my max. Though I'm sure I've had crazier times. Hibernation level for modern man. Heh.

#25 ·
Back in the days of being awesome, I did a few 24+ hours sleeps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.