Meditation Thread - Page 14 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #261 of 262 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:17 PM
SAS Member

I've been thinking about meditation. I have no life as it is so why not try new things like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 262 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:21 PM
SAS Member

Location: all alone yo, no one around and all i can hear is this ****ed up sound.
My Mood: Psychedelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afreen88 View Post
Thank you What benefits are you experiencing? How long have you been meditating and how much time do spend in one sitting?
I have been meditating for over 5 years but most of that was kind of on and off but for a year and a half now I practice daily for a combined total of around 2 - 3 hrs a day. Longest I sit for is usually 45 mins but have done a longer before. Shorter practices are great and beneficial but you get that real sense of calm and peace the longer you sit for, and mindfulness spills more into your daily life when practice for longer periods, well thats what I find anyway.

Benefits, there a quite a few so I may miss some, but it helps mood obviously, I can either cut my thoughts off if i need to, or stay with them no matter how bad they are and remain in control and always see that they are just thoughts, not facts or reality. I can communicate better with people by being mindful when listening and talking, rather than thinnking about saying something stupid or embarrasing. I used to suffer from regular bouts of insomnia and took sleeping pills, now I dont - i just focus on breath for long enough and I'll fall asleep. Exercise, being a dad, eating better, a nicer person (generally :-) ), more organised at work and around the house, all sorts.

I never worked a day in my life, I just lay back and let the big beat lead me

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page