Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Sorry,I just love this piece.Just love it!Can't help it! :)

346 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Gerard 
#1 ·
Transference with an older therapist of the opposite sex.

I had the chance to work with an extremely warm (ridiculously warm) eclectic female therapist well over double my age at the time starting when she was interning taking over a therapist I had before in an outpatient unit/special ed school in my adolescence years. I was 17 at the time working with her.

It was with her, I started to feel more comfortable with myself, to socialize more in therapy (a first), to socialize more with my peers, and also to start working on myself as a person.

After graduating from that place, I came to her private practice seeing her twice a week. Even though a lot of times I wasn't working on myself, I strongly felt just being in therapy for me specifically would aid my growth in a way of having that support system I lacked especially transitionally out of that outpatient to adulthood. It felt she was the sole supporter of my life at those times.

During this whole process, I grew a desire of strongly wanted her in my life. I felt different though similar archetypes towards her, as a friend, as a mother, and as a significant other and those other feelings that accompany that last archetype. You know? Seriously, I'm not crazy for I know what I felt.

It felt very painful when she decided to quit her private practice and pursue another career occupation given life circumstances (son moved on to college). She recommended me to a male therapist knowing she knew I had transference towards her and that this guy will have my own new learnings from.

Anyway, I strongly miss her still and those archetype feelings still remain in me believe me or not.

- - - - -

Don't you just love it? :mushy

See less See more
#5 ·
I wrote this piece for my Abnormal Psychology class and also hoping for it to be published in a mental health advocacy newsletter in the city here.

Don't you just love it.

I love it. I seriously do. :mushy

In other news: I did call her in the morning. :)

#6 ·
I'm hoping she grounds me.

I'm really hoping she grounds me.

I'm really really hope that she grounds me.

If she grounds me, I can practically situate myself in anything I do.

And achieve my goals faster, without friendship depression bothering me.

I'll try calling her later today.

That's the plan.

That's the plan.

Ookie Dookie. :)

#9 ·
I called her again today. There is an issue of why she thinks I can't be grounded by her, and I also easily and readily understand why that is the case too.

She told me to discuss in length with my current therapist about my feelings about my issues of being grounded and told me to give him her number so he can call her to understand the issues surrounding my needs as a person of wanting to be grounded.

Anyway, I will discuss this in length tomorrow. Will do, sure do.

Anyway, she's very impressed on how much I have grew since when, and are impressed about my endeavors and goals in life.

And I still have her contact, in case I need or want to say hi and update myself in my life and stuff.

So it's real no biggie if she can't ground me. From the couple of calls I made, she honestly cares about me and stuff and so I know that feels good. And also to hear from her again was wonderful, really wonderful, so no biggie on my expectation.

Okie Dookie. :)

- Gerard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.