Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

girl i thought was into me now ignores me

295 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Just Lurking 
#1 ·
Ok sorry this is a little long but please read. So I met this girl about 3 weeks ago through a friend. My friend moved about 2 years ago and he was down visiting and i met her through his friends friend and we hung out about everyday when he was down for a week. And 2 days before he left i was gonna ask for her number but never got a good chance so he texted her and gave her my number. as soon as she got it she texted me non stop. then the night before he left we went bowling and she was really flirty with me and talking to me the whole time and touching me in a flirty way. then after that we texted alot that night and said we should hang out again. after my friend left for home we kept texting for about a week. i invited her to the beach and she wanted to go but then something came up and she couldn't go. so then 2 days later i invite her to go out on my friends boat for some tubing. again seemed like she wanted to go but at last minute told me she was tired. then 2 days later i invited her on the boat again then at last minute said she was sick. and we still texted. but on third week of knowing her (this week) she hardly texts me anymore and ignores some of my texts. did i come on to quick or what? i really like her so any advice would be great. thanks.

#2 ·
Some people, and I used to be one of them, are incapable of anything past the flirt stage. Don't even waste your time. She is still a person who is satisfied with temporary thrills of flirting and rushing someone emotionally. And unable to, for whatever reason, to go past it. I've been her, I've known others like her. She's immature. Don't judge her, she is just that way for now.

On the other hand, the way to draw these types closer, if that is what you want to do, is to play along and NEVER suggest getting together. Have fun and they may ask you out. But that's gamesmenship, beware.

-Dude

#3 ·
Well you invited her to the beach.. then on a boat.. then on a boat again. Maybe she's not a water person. Also, you said it's your "friend's boat" - maybe she'd rather do something with just the two of you, or she wasn't comfortable with the whole "friend's boat" thing.

How about something simple like lunch? Talk over lunch and figure out some common interests, then go from there.

Yes it's possible you may have blown it already, or that she's already lost interest, but I wouldn't write her off quite yet.. I'd come up with a specific date, time and place and invite her along.. and tell her if she's busy on that particular day, to make another offer. If she flakes out again, forget it.

Oh and if she was really pouring on the flirting heavily, it's possible she could've been fishing for an invite back to your place... That sort of a deal. Some girls who move that fast may not have much of an attention span or patience for slow-moving guys.. another possible explanation for sudden loss of interest.

#5 ·
Yeah, it wasn't too long ago I'd really rant about this stuff. The worst part of it all was thinking that I was doing something wrong or that there was something wrong with me, but if anything I was the one being reasonable about it. I agree with "Dude" on this one. Immaturity plays a big factor.

#7 ·
ok thanks for all your advice everyone. i haven't got a chance to ask her to do anything because of school. she still texts me but not as much as she used to. the texting has gotten kind of boring though we like ran out of things to talk about. any advice there?

#8 ·
Be silly. There's an infinite amount of silliness you can aspire to. Texting is a pretty good medium for silliness.

Anyhow, I'd ask her if she'd be interested in doing anything with you in person (and like others have said, I'd lean away from water-based* activities for now).

-Drachasor

*It's also possible she's just self-conscious about how she looks in a swimsuit so she didn't want to do any water-based stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.