Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Anyone want to be a reference for me?

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  potollo 
#1 ·
I will return the favor if you need it. I'm not looking hard for a job yet, but this summer and later in the year I will be and I just don't have references. Thanks for reading.

#3 ·
Sure, I can be a reference if you want. In fact I think we should start up a SAS reference chain for anyone here who needs a reference for something. It really sucks that this can become an obstacle for people but I can definitely relate to this situation. Like to see fellow SA people get a fair shot.

#9 ·
The kind of connection I had in mind was that if anyone can claim self-employed in any way (which most of us could fib) then you just say you worked with this random person and they'll have to take your word for it. I do some self-employed work online so I can say I worked with just about anyone in the world lol.

Feel free to PM me. I will be a reference for anybody, just gotta get our story straight first!

#13 ·
This is a great idea. I think I'll need references in the near future. I'd also be happy to do it for anyone lese who needs it.

#17 ·
Anyone who needs a reference, send me a PM, I'll help you out.

Here's what I'll need:

- Tell me the specific work relationship we're supposed to have. It could be something simple, like saying that I paid you for school tutoring, helped me edit manuscripts, or we collaborated on freelance writing together.

I could probably even say I was a former roommate and confirm that you were a responsible worker & always paid your share of the rent. It could be almost anything, it's up to you to decide.

- We can use fake names or real names along with our phone numbers, doesn't matter to me.

Contact me if interested and we'll figure it out. I currently need 3 references. The first 3 who reply will also be able to list me as a reference if they want.

#19 ·
Hey all

I am kind of in need of references (two to be specific) right now. I'd be happy to give one for anyone else too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.