X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Spiritual Support

Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default wavering faith

Wavering Faith

Our faith is the heart of our Christian life. By faith, we are saved, receive forgiveness for our sins, enjoy a personal relationship with God, and have the assurance of our salvation.

By faith, we experience the peace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Through faith, our prayers are answered. Yet our lives and especially our prayers tend to be characterised by doubts and wavering faith.

Our faith wavers when:

We apply human thinking to our circumstances. Sometimes God is going to require us to do something with which human reasoning disagrees. (Isaiah 55:9)

We allow our feelings to overcome our faith. It could be a sense of unworthiness or inadequacy that trips us up. Fear of criticism or failure might cause us to doubt we can do what He asks.

We fail to see God at work in our circumstances. Doubts creep in when we have asked Him to take action but nothing appears to be happening.

We have guilt over sin, past or present. We cannot operate with strong faith when we are under conviction of sin or dwelling on guilt over past wrongdoing.

We listen to the enemy’s lies. Satan is the father of lies, whose objective is to have us reject God’s truth and believe his deception instead.

Faith is defined as “being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” (Hebrews 11:1 NIV).

What is the condition of your faith?

It is my prayer that you will let the words “sure” and “certain” describe your faith.

God bless!
justpassinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

I asked myself this question today. I am a sinner, a daily sinner and I feel remorse. I have some serious issues with my mother and sister, they have narcissistic tendencies and I dont know how to forgive them, they will never say sorry or even admit that their affliction cause agony in our family.

I feel myself wanting some revenge, not good. I'm going off the track, I know.
My sister has turned our mother against us. I pray for guidance and spiritual strength, I have none of my own, I am totally reliant on God, I am so weak. I can't do anything for myself with this family. I find myself with alot of anxiety when it comes to confrontation and my mind is empty, but I am so hurt and depressed. I can't have them in my life they are manipulators that want me with no self respect.
How can I turn it all to God, until I am able to do this, I will continue with thoughts of hate and frustration and of course sin.
The grieving part of losing narcissists is that I still love them, but not what they are, they hurt and believe they are righteous and perfect.
I am sorry for dumping this on your thread, to me it was appropriate.

jenky
Old 03-13-2009, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

[QUOTE=jenkydora;860607]I asked myself this question today. I am a sinner, a daily sinner and I feel remorse. I have some serious issues with my mother and sister, they have narcissistic tendencies and I dont know how to forgive them, they will never say sorry or even admit that their affliction cause agony in our family.

I feel myself wanting some revenge, not good. I'm going off the track, I know.

My sister has turned our mother against us. I pray for guidance and spiritual strength, I have none of my own, I am totally reliant on God, I am so weak. I can't do anything for myself with this family.

I find myself with alot of anxiety when it comes to confrontation and my mind is empty, but I am so hurt and depressed. I can't have them in my life they are manipulators that want me with no self respect.

I was also thinking today as I was listening to a song " I Am" sung as God is singing to us.

I thought how can the Holy Spirit be in me? I am baptised as infant, but why would the Holy Spirit want to even reside in me. I am so not right for this Holy Spirit.

I am not upholding my end of the baptisimal right, I dont have the strength of mind or heart, I am hearbroken that a mother can choose one daugther and dismiss three, even to the point of telling me she should have given my other sister away at birth

How can I turn it all to God, until I am able to do this, I will continue with thoughts of hate and frustration and of course sin.

The grieving part of losing narcissists is that I still love them, but not what they are, they hurt and believe they are righteous and perfect.

I am sorry for dumping this on your thread, to me it was appropriate.

jenky
Old 03-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
We allow our feelings to overcome our faith. It could be a sense of unworthiness or inadequacy that trips us up. Fear of criticism or failure might cause us to doubt we can do what He asks.
In terms of negative feelings: You know what, I am noticing a lot of people at this forum allow that, especially where it's not needed (not saying I am perfect or have never had a bad day in my life or a worse life). However, you seem to have the right idea about uplifting others. My indulgence (fulfilling completely irrelevant emotions) has been somewhat a nuisance lately. I look to nip this in the butt by changing some things in my environment.
espearite is offline   Reply With Quote