Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Favorite sports you enjoy:

What type of sports do you like to play?

2K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  unemployment simulator 
#1 ·
Also share your least favorite.

#3 ·
I like them all. I haven't played them all but I would.

#5 ·
I like tabble tennis and track and field because of running, but I'm horrid at both because of having practically no athleticism.

#6 ·
I don't play any right now, but I played Football (Soccer), Softball, Table Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket, Tennis and Badminton in school. I enjoyed all of them except Volleyball, which I just couldn't get into. I used to play Table Tennis against my mother about 10 years ago, but one time, I got mad after losing and broke the net. We didn't play again.

#7 ·
Rollerblading counts, right? Well, that's the only thing have left. I've been rollerblading for about 10 years and I'm thinking about trying to commute to school on rollerblades, but it sounds too dangerous for me, even with my experience.

#15 ·
Basketball and American football were the main sports I played back when I played sports. Not trying out for track is one of my highschool regrets.

Tennis is my least favorite out of sports I've actually played. I was embarrassingly bad at it.

#10 ·
I don't play any because of SA. I swim now and then, but not often now, also because of SA. Not sure if that can count anyway.

When I was younger I would have liked to study some kind of martial art. Also tennis, ice hocky (don't know if that's even played here at all,) table tennis - that one's really fun, tennis, badminton and basketball. I also wouldn't mind playing football (soccer.)

Also parkour seems cool. I tried skateboarding as a teenager but only briefly if there was a decent skate park here... I wouldn't go now because of SA :/

I tried netball for a short while in highschool because basketball wasn't an option. It's a **** basketball. Also not intetested in playing cricket or golf (mini golf is kind of fun I guess though? I liked it as a kid anyway.)

Same I only played it while on holiday :'(

#12 ·
Martial arts, and when i was younger i've played tennis a lot

#13 ·
basketball. i used to play in some adult leagues and was a almost everyday pickup player in my younger days.ive played over 10000 hours of basketball in my life.
nowadays ill play basketball like 2-3 times a month. my least favorite to play was football cause i sucked at it.

#14 ·
I haven't "played" them all, but they all seem fun with the exception of weight lifting and golf. Then again, they don't seem bad either, just not something I'd wanna do anytime soon. My favorite would be basketball and maybe martial arts. Also, I used to love dodgeball as a kid - that sport has so much potential (with the right technology). Kickball was dope, too.

#18 ·
I was going to put table tennis and others but you can only put so many in the poll. Also capture the flag and dodgeball were some school favorites. Hurling the ball and watch it bounce off a kids head was such a satisfying feat.

#20 ·
I grew up playing a lot, soccer (15 years), cricket (4 years), tennis (2 years), hockey (3 years), volleyball (2 years) and had a stab at squash as well. Currently work in motor racing which kinda counts as well.

#21 ·
The only sport I have an interest in these days is football (soccer). I follow my team and watch various games that come on TV, but I wouldn't consider myself an avid follower by any stretch of the imagination. Put it this way, I didn't actually know England we're playing until I was flicking through channels the last time they played... :blank

I used to enjoy motor (car) racing but due to several questionable rule and regulation changes 10/15 years ago, my interests in it quickly died.

I also once had a very keen interest in snooker when I was growing up, although this has very much faded in recent years. I think this is because I picked it up from my grandfather who's now sadly deceased.

Other than that, my interest in sport is pretty much zero. I know I’ve watched marathons in the past, but that’s only really for the scenery in the background… Not the actual runners.

Sadly here in the UK, we seem to now have an obsession with sports, especially where schools are concerned. We've had a couple of successive governments that want to really push sport down people’s throats whether they have an interest in it or not :?. This is just plain wrong. Not everyone wants to be a roaring athlete. Not everyone shares the same physical strengths of the best sportspeople we have.

#29 ·
Sadly here in the UK, we seem to now have an obsession with sports, especially where schools are concerned. We've had a couple of successive governments that want to really push sport down people's throats whether they have an interest in it or not :?. This is just plain wrong. Not everyone wants to be a roaring athlete. Not everyone shares the same physical strengths of the best sportspeople we have.
It's probably because there are a lot of overweight people here now relative to the rest of Europe, and it's costing the NHS a lot of money. I can't really blame them and children should be doing more exercise anyway (in some form,) because it's mentally healthy as well. Shouldn't have to be competitive sport though, and no sense encouraging people to play sports who just aren't interested either.

#30 ·
I like to play basketball, soccer, and I still practice martial arts even though I don't take formal classes anymore. I want to take up either another traditional martial art like Wing Chun or something else like Muy Thai or boxing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.