What is your Myers Briggs personality type? - Page 6 - Social Anxiety Forum
View Poll Results: What is your personality type? (Read the thread first before voting)
ISTJ 8 4.40%
ISFJ 9 4.95%
INFJ 33 18.13%
INTJ 37 20.33%
ISTP 8 4.40%
ISFP 7 3.85%
INFP 44 24.18%
INTP 30 16.48%
ESTP 0 0%
ESFP 1 0.55%
ENFP 3 1.65%
ENTP 0 0%
ESTJ 0 0%
ESFJ 1 0.55%
ENFJ 0 0%
ENTJ 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

post #101 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 02:05 AM
Out there...

A well-rounded/balanced person would be an XXXX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:12 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
INTJ
Introvert(69%) iNtuitive(53%) Thinking(19%) Judging(31%)

"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness."

While that describes me quite well in many ways, I've received INFJ in multiple before this, and I do recognize myself in both types.

You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (19%)

And this would hint me to be on the edge to both, which to me does not come as a surprise.
I tend to use both ways of decisionmaking, depending on the situation..

post #103 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Baaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Spoken like a true neurotic. But yeah, I do the same thing. It's really hard to be objective about yourself.
Oh that's what that is .

Quote:
You have vintage biplane aficionado written all over you. I'm surprised you don't wear an aviator cap and goggles.
It's close, but its more like

I am not saying there is anything wrong with being a vintage biplane aficionado though, but that should be obvious since there isn't anything wrong with sniffing bike seats either, really.

Quote:

Yeah, everything is so complicated when you really start looking at it. It shows just how arbitrary the terms are. Introvert/extrovert are so vague they're all but useless.

But reducing it to a label to describe behavior doesn't work, either, imo. Would you argue that a person who doesn't want to steal because he's afraid he'll be caught should be thought of the same way as a person who has no interest in stealing? "If you really wanted to steal, you would have stolen it, but you didn't, so you didn't want to." You're reduced to saying that all a person is is whatever their current behavior is. Which I suppose you could argue, but it seems to me like you're losing an essential layer of depth in that case. They're not the same kind of person; one is trustworthy, but the other isn't. And there should be some way to make that distinction. I feel like it's my fear that prevents me from talking to people, not a disinclination to talk to them. But some people may be both disinclined and afraid.
Yeh. I think its more a case of there being peculiar arbitrary cut off points made with what thoughts and behaviours are considered "a part of your personality". Drawing the line at what the resulting behaviour is doesn't really make sense (you are right, something is lost), but then I am not sure drawing the line at what we think we want to be (and excluding anxiety etc) really makes a great deal of sense either. There is something that doesn't sit right with me about that kind of way of looking at the mind.

Quote:

And, ofc, to make it more complicated, I think how you think about it makes a difference. One person may want to socialize, be afraid to socialize, and reject/disown their fear as something foreign they want to get rid of (me, for example), but another person may want to socialize, be afraid to socialize, but own their fear as something inherent they don't feel any need to get rid of. Those people might be fine identifying as introverts. Then you may have people who have no interest in socializing, who are not afraid to socialize (but choose not to), and who feel no need to change how they feel (which might be as close as you can get to a 'true introvert'). Then you may have people who have no interest in socializing, who may or may not be afraid of socializing, but who feel obligated to want to socialize because socialization is considered 'normal' and they want to be considered normal. In that case, they're rejecting their disinclination itself and wishing they had the same urges as other people have. So the class "introverts" is quite a grab bag of diverse individuals.

And that, my splendid friend, is how you put too much consideration into something.
Quote:

And then you had to go and make it even more complicated.

People often don't know what they really want, what they really enjoy, or what an experience is really going to be like until they have it (eg. acting out a sexual fantasy). You can enjoy something without realizing it; eg. someone who enjoys making other people feel bad but considers themselves a 'nice' person. They have no idea that they're deriving pleasure from malice. Or people who enjoy feeling miserable, etc. Which makes all these self-assessments pretty dubious.

What if you think of yourself as an introvert, but actually enjoy the company of other people and unconsciously seek it out and don't realize it? Or you think of yourself as an extrovert, but actually don't enjoy yourself when you're out socializing, and unconsciously avoid it? Are those people introverts or extroverts?
quite . You can see why it's tempting to just to say "**** it, what does the person actually end up doing?". I think perhaps it might be best to consider introvert extrovert as being fairly useless though .

post #104 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 07:03 AM
Resident Graffiti Artist

My Mood: Aggressive
I voted INFP when I first saw this, but I actually haven't took the test in years and that's what I always got. This is what I got now:

INFJ
Introvert(72%) iNtuitive(28%) Feeling(28%) Judging(1%)
You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (72%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (28%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (28%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)
post #105 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:03 AM
littleghost

My Mood: Bashful
ISFJ although could be ISTJ, was only 3% on the F.

Among the careers suggested were Social work, and I have a Master's in Psych Counseing, and Child Care, and I spent 20 years as a stay home mom, so I guess I was on the right track.

I'm surprised there are people on this forum that are E's at all. I thought we would all be I's.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ...Eleanor Roosevelt
post #106 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Ol' bag of them bones

INFP. Looks like there's lots of INFP SAS-ers.

"When all else fails, give up and go to the library."
post #107 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 03:16 PM
SAS Member

I (56%), N(34%), F(3%), P(3%)
Usually I'm an outlier in these personality tests: for once, though, I'm in the majority.

-This sentence is false.
post #108 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:10 PM
ff

I used to score I**P for the longest time, but as I've gotten older I tend to test more and more as EN**. This morning I got ENFJ. It has been months since the last time I tested and I think I got INFP then. Goes to show how flexible the human psyche can be.

U got dis
post #109 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:20 PM
SAS Member

ISFJ
post #110 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 07:15 PM
SAS Member

INTJ

Not really surprising that nearly everyone scores as Introvert...
post #111 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:40 AM
SAS Member

Interesting. I'm an INTJ female. Apparently its the unicorn of the Myers-Briggs types with only 0.8% females sharing this classification. Overall population of INTJ is only around 2-3%, yet this poll (perhaps not statistically signicant though?) has a sample of about 20%.

This suggests some major over indexing of "social anxiety" in this group cf with population. I wonder if it's a function of true social anxiety, or simply this is reflecting a more acute awareness of life around us?
post #112 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:56 AM
That painting on the wall

My Mood: Pensive
INTJ here.
I've taken multiple tests over the years. I would either get INTP or INTJ(mostly the latter).
Once I got ENTP. Ha! I must have been in a weird mood that day.

Je veux creuver la main sur le coeur...
post #113 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Baaah

I much prefer the big 5, more actionable and less all or nothing. Took this again and got:

ENFP
Extravert(9%) iNtuitive(53%) Feeling(3%) Perceiving(9%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (9%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (53%)
You have marginal or no preference of Feeling over Thinking (3%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (9%)

Used to be INTP. But always around the borders I suppose .
post #114 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:16 PM
SAS Member

I always score INTJ on tests, but function-wise I might actually be an ISTJ. A lot of people seem to get different results everytime they take the tests, so your best bet in discovering your true type would be to study the functions and determine which ones you use.
post #115 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:24 PM
homesick

INTJ

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (75%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (28%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)

The introversion is the only thing that stays consistent, tho, I've gotten like all the different introverted types at one point or another. Depends on how I'm feeling lol

take one day at a time
anything else you can leave behind
only one thing at a time
anything more really hurts your mind

post #116 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Sad and Lonely...

My Mood: Lonely
INTJ

Introvert(81%) intuitive(9%) Thinking(9%) Judging(19%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extroversion (81%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (9%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (9%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (19%)

Canadian of Italian descent | Legally-Blind Computer Programmer and Gamer | Atheist and Libertarian | Politically Incorrect and proud of it | If you want to talk, private messages or Skype, please |

"Lonely men seek companionship. Lonely women sit at home and wait. They never meet."
post #117 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:22 PM
Moth Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidbob View Post
I much prefer the big 5, more actionable and less all or nothing. Took this again and got:

ENFP
Extravert(9%) iNtuitive(53%) Feeling(3%) Perceiving(9%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (9%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (53%)
You have marginal or no preference of Feeling over Thinking (3%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (9%)

Used to be INTP. But always around the borders I suppose .
Weird I got that too this time with the test posted in the OP, and I never get that one (usually INFP or INTP.)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (9%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (25%)

"We dwell in a present-tense culture that somehow, significantly, decided to employ the telling expression "You're history" as a choice reprobation or insult, and thus elected to speak forgotten volumes about itself." - Christopher Hitchens.

🎧 🎧 🎧
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svarog11 View Post
Are you an anarchist, by any chance?
post #118 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:48 PM
SAS Member

I'm not sure if I already responded to this thread but got INTP like I consistently have for the past 5 years. I used to get ISTP all the time but I think my anxiety and adulthood has made me more reserved and into an INTP, but I still identify a lot with ISTP. Occasionally I still thrive on action, adventure and conflict and have very little interest in talking about/participating in things that don't interest me, but when something does I go from 0 to 100.
post #119 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:06 PM
Baaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Weird I got that too this time with the test posted in the OP, and I never get that one (usually INFP or INTP.)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (9%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (25%)
Peculiar, maybe it's the test. I would probably consider myself an ENTP or ENFP but yeh, a lot of mine are so borderline (introversion / extroversion and thinking / feeling) it's not a very useful test for me.

Big 5 gives me high openness and low conscientiousness which is far more useful (it hints at what I should be doing time wise with my life, and also the low conscientiousness means I need to basically schedule the **** out of everything and have it all link up to my main life goals for me to bother ).
post #120 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:33 AM
doppelganger

When I was younger I got ISFP. Now that I'm a bit older I tend to get INTP.

I think, basically, when I was younger, I had impulsive and unstable moods but because that's mellowed out now, I tend to think about personal problems in a more detached, clinical way, so the result is I've gone from Feeling to Thinking.

Also when I was younger I first did this personality test while I was studying in uni. Around that time I had to absorb an enormous amount of factual information, so I think that tipped my score towards the Sensing kind of processing (especially given the types of subjects I had to study). Now that I'm older, and have acquired a denser and more experiential knowledge base, I've shifted over to iNtuitive.

Still Introverted i.e. lowish social drive, and still Perceiving, i.e. messy and chaotic af.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page