Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are you a morning or night person?

Morning or Night Person?

4K views 47 replies 48 participants last post by  Ally 
#1 ·
I always was a night person, but I'm becoming more of a morning person the longer that I have been out of college! :lol I get headaches when I sleep too late on Saturdays (although I naturally wake up about 10:30 or 11:00 if nothing/nobody wakes me up). During the week I have the worst time waking up in the morning, but once I get myself out of bed I'm usually fine. I also get tired by 10:00pm.

So, I hate waking up early and I am too tired to stay up late. I guess I'm neither! :lol

#2 ·
I used to be a night person, except when I went camping, I would switch into a morning person. Now I'm a morning person all the time. I think that changed when I stopped using an alarm to wake up in the morning, which was in my early 20s. Something about alarms just pisses me off. :mum

#12 ·
I've been a night person my whole life. As a little kid, my mom or dad would tuck me in, and as soon as they got downstairs I'd come creeping down and I'd spend hours just sitting there on the landing trying to hear what everyone was doing downstairs. I always feel like I'm missing out on something if I go to sleep.

Now as an adult, I KNOW I'm not missing out on a dang thing, yet I just can't force myself to go to bed. I don't know why. I know that I feel better when I am on a normal schedule and wake up early. It seems like the later I go to bed, the worse I feel the next day, even if I got a full 8 hours of sleep. I really want to change my sleeping habits. Actually, I don't have much of a choice in the matter, because soon I will be working again and I don't want to be forced to do work in the evening when I want to spend time with my hubby.

#25 ·
i used to be a night person, but after working night shifts at my job i've come to appreciate the mornings. i would have to say right now it's both, but leaning towards night. waking up with an alarm clock sucks though, so when i get a day job it'll probably be back to night.

the one thing i don't like about the nights where i live right now is that because we're in a pretty isolated area, the nights just seem so.. dead. had i lived downtown nights would be a lot more enjoyable, but around here, it just seems more lonely. solitary walks at night can only be enjoyed for so long; i need to be with my people! the other night people.. i want to feel like i may not make it home with all of my money, not pass by a bunch of old peoples houses with neatly plotted flowers..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.