Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you like these flavoured malt beverages?

• Yes, quite good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ick, gimme a beer/wine/liquor, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Mike's Hard Lemonade/Smirfnoff Ice, etc.

11K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Andre 
#1 ·
I just bought a 24 oz of Mike's Hard Lime. Haven't had any of this stuff in years. It tastes pretty good. I would almost drink this during the day if I could.

#29 ·
Re: re: Mike's Hard Lemonade/Smirfnoff Ice, etc.

ilikemyself said:
I think beer and wine allow the best method of alcohol consumption. They taste good and will get you happily drunk, unlike liquor. Yuck.
No way. Of course liquor is vastly more potent and will get you drunk quicker but as for beer and wine making you happy drunk while liquor will not?! Your mood prior to drinking is going to determine whether you are a happy or unhappy drunk not your beverage.

#30 ·
The people that crack me up the most are the ones that say "wine makes me happy" and "liquor makes me depressed", etc. It's all about how much you drink. Obviously, drinking straight liquor, especially without food or a beverage, is going to mess you up. Alcohol is alcohol. It just comes in different forms. It's not like marijuana, which has different ratios of THC to CBN/CBD. People probably think these things about alcohol because of how much they typically drink of each beverage. Wine is consumed out of a glass, I think 2/5-3/5 of the wine glass. You aren't chugging it like beer. If you have a bottle of whiskey and you are intending to get drunk, no matter what you are mixing it iwth, there is at least a chance you are going to get drunk faster, unless you are diluting it a whole lot, and that only seems to happen at bars where you pay for the drink.

#31 ·
BeNice said:
The people that crack me up the most are the ones that say "wine makes me happy" and "liquor makes me depressed", etc. It's all about how much you drink. Obviously, drinking straight liquor, especially without food or a beverage, is going to mess you up. Alcohol is alcohol. It just comes in different forms.
I'd agree that alcohol is alcohol regardless of what form it comes in. Yeah, hard liquor will get you drunk real fast assuming you're one who drinks it straight. Of course, many folks don't drink straight liquor. Vodka has become the most popular liquor in the nation -- a liquor that is defined by lack of flavor -- making it particularly prone to being mixed with other non-alcoholic drinks to provide flavor and tone down its firewater taste.

Even those who do drink straight shots are likely going to drink something else following their firewater.

Life would be much easier for bartenders if this was the wild west as shown in movies where they apparently only served shots of whiskey. You wouldn't need a whole reference book to tell you how to make every mixture ever dreamed up.

#32 ·
Vodka has become the most popular liquor in the nation
ugh. that says a lot about the sorry state of our country.

there are so many fine liquors to choose from, why would someone choose vodka? better yet, why would anyone buy expensive vodka?

im not a fan of clear liquors.

i prefer a bold taste.

#33 ·
Re: re: Mike's Hard Lemonade/Smirfnoff Ice, etc.

odun said:
Vodka has become the most popular liquor in the nation
ugh. that says a lot about the sorry state of our country.

there are so many fine liquors to choose from, why would someone choose vodka? better yet, why would anyone buy expensive vodka?

im not a fan of clear liquors.

i prefer a bold taste.
Vodka caters for alcoholics and those who've had a bad day and want to get drunk as efficiently as possible. straight down, no messing and hey presto. one of its few advantages over other liquors (if youre ignoring my previous points which I wouldnt exactly say are advantages just uses) is that a hangover is never going to be as bad with a clear liquid. though ive been guilty of the ol' "had a bad day, slugged vodka" routine at times I actually do enjoy an occassional vodka and there is a definate difference between cheap and expensive brands in terms of quality (and therefore taste)

#35 ·
Oh I realize that alcohol is alcohol... it's just that with beer and wine I don't have to monitor my food intake as much, since they have so many calories. It's easier to drink these... If I drink vodka, for example, I have to remember to take it slowly and eat throughout my drinking session.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.