Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Actually, no

Votes: 45 58.4%

I Want to Live Forever

4K views 65 replies 53 participants last post by  Protozoan 
#1 ·
Do you want to live forever?

#10 ·
There are so many caveats to that. Imagine being stuck with dementia and rheumatism from age 80 to infinity.

I suppose the attraction of immortality (provided you remain healthy and sane) is that you know that eventually, you'll have the wisdom and experience to get whatever you want in life, and keep it indefinitely. But between that and instant oblivion, not sure which one I'd pick.

#17 ·
No, I wouldn't want to outlive everyone I care about. Even if I do move on and form meaningful relationships with other people, I'll eventually outlive them too. It's a depressing cycle that'll go on forever.

#19 ·
I'm terrified of dying, and growing old.

#23 ·
Death paves way for a new beginning. Just like the withered leaves spread across the pavement a few meters from a tree. It's nature simply at its work...honestly, I don't know. I wouldn't mind living for 200 years. If it means loving more and being loved more, I'm all for it. Wouldn't want to live forever though:) Humans are conditioned to err, and no amount of love can dissolve away the flawed contamination that we breathe daily.Looking at all the atrocities that occurs on a daily basis global-wide, and the innocence that suffers in the hands of this nightmares, I don't have the will to be here for the rest of eternity and witness this without having the power to do something about it. The truth will always be this. All of us have a ticking time in sync with the beat of our hearts. It is limited and one day, it will cease to beat. Maybe 60 years from now, I may not be alive in this world anymore. But I want to live and cherish this limited amount of time that I have. It's just that one opportunity that I, and all of us have, to properly utilize. Love, let go, cherish, put in that effort, forgive and just go on with the flow of life and listen to what the beat of your heart yearns for. You know best.

In conclusion, no, I wouldn't want to live forever. All that I have is now. :)

#27 ·
Sure, some of my depression is worrying I won't have enough time to accomplish the things I want and regretting all the time I've wasted in my life. I could focus more on enjoying myself instead of feeling like I need to rush to accomplish things. Also I think my germaphobia/mysophobia would greatly diminish or go away, assuming I no longer had to worry about diseases.

#28 ·
Yes, who wouldn't? Provided I get to stay youthful and eventually find my soulmate, or even just a group of other "immortals" to spend the rest of eternity with, I can see it working. I currently spend most of my life worrying about getting older, not finding the time to do everything, or even half of what I want to do in life. Knowing I literally have all the time in the world would be bliss. No deadlines, no worrying about the afterlife, or lack thereof. It might get boring after awhile, but I've spent the last five years doing basically the same thing every day, so I have a fairly high tolerance rate for boredom. Oh well, our lives are the length that they are so that we can be encouraged to get out there and live them to the fullest. If people lived forever, I don't think much would ever get done, and procrastination would be on the rise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.