X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 06-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why is it so hard to get along with other women?

Alot of other women I encounter seem to automatically dislike me or start to dislike me after a couple of weeks (even when I try to be their friend). They spread horrible lies and rumors about me to others. They talk about me behind my back. I've been called ugly, stuck up, conceited by them. This happens in a lot of settings. When I was a undergrad (college) and also at jobs I've had. I really don't get why these women are so rude to me when I don't even know them and they haven't even took the time to be my friend before judging me. Being friends with other females is hard for me. The root of my social anxiety is being around people like this. Why are some women so catty or petty and enjoy making others feel horrible?
Pumpkin Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I've been called ugly, stuck up, conceited by them. This happens in a lot of settings.
A lot of people with social anxiety get called stuck up and conceited, because we're quiet or keep to ourselves.

Anyway, the women you've met sound terrible.
jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't have any female friends currently and usually it is harder for me to make and especially keep female friendships going. I knew this one super cool girl a few years ago, but as soon as she got a boyfriend, he was all she ever started to talk about with me, and it was like my friend disappeared, which she did literally after awhile. :/
Dusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane View Post
A lot of people with social anxiety get called stuck up and conceited, because we're quiet or keep to ourselves.

Anyway, the women you've met sound terrible.
Yes, it's been tough dealing with them. I wish I could make friends easily like others seem too. I'm definitely not stuck up. Since I don't have much too say, it may appear that way. But, the times when I try to be friendly, talkative and interested in what others are saying, I have the same issue with making friends and get the same comments.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusky View Post
I don't have any female friends currently and usually it is harder for me to make and especially keep female friendships going. I knew this one super cool girl a few years ago, but as soon as she got a boyfriend, he was all she ever started to talk about with me, and it was like my friend disappeared, which she did literally after awhile. :/
Sorry, to hear that. The same thing has happened to me where I had a friend and the friend left me for other friends or a boyfriend.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

After writing this post, I realized that it seems when women become friends they form cliques and start to find targets (people) to pick on. Why do you think these women or girls must do this (when in groups)?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

i wouldnt worry about it woman are all crazy lol just joking
4realguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think that certain women expect other women to act in a certain way, and are really confused/puzzled/hurt/annoyed when they don't.

Sometimes it's really hard when you don't exactly fit the mold of what a woman is "supposed" to be like.
jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

I find it impossible to make female friends. Every single time I do try someone has to bully me some way or another. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
strawberryjulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yep, I have problems making friends with women as well. Been bullied by them more too.
Neptunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

You're probably a hottie and they are threatened on some level.
IAmOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

Maybe this is wrong but I like watching women be catty to each other. Just gets my blood moving for some reason. If I hear a woman say catty things about another woman behind her back it just makes the woman saying these things seem sexier to me. I know its stupid, you don't have to tell me that.
LALoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

With women there almost always seems to be a strong undercurrent of competition. Also,they seem to travel in packs and are reluctant to let others into the group. Ever notice how often female friends even dress alike? (sort of off topic I know).

"Never try to appear to be more than you are but always try to be more than you appear."
Still Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

A lot of this is because of gender roles. Women are supposed to be happy and nurturing all the time so if you are quiet that doesn't seem warm.

Another thing is women are trained to be rivals in mainstream Western cultures. It is changing but they still look to get their identity through a man. They see other women as competition.
antonina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

So uhh, anyone wanna be my friend?
strawberryjulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #16 (permalink)

It's because some of them have a weak character morally It's more important to them to fall to peer pressure, be popular, and spread lies than be a decent human being.
Sunshine009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

i'm going to say this has more to do with the people you've been with in these situations and not just women in general. i've met guys that talk about people behind their backs a lot.
it might also have to do with trying to befriend a group of people who are already friends. if anybody in that group feels threatened by you and the possibility of being replaced, they'll try to get their other friends to dislike you. that speaks to the insecurity of the people you've had to deal with, not an entire gender.
kaleighghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

I don't have any answers for you, but I just wanted to say that you do NOT deserve to be treated like this. People like that are really not worth being friends with anyway.
SilentWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #19 (permalink)

Women are always competing against each other. By putting others down makes them feel superior. It gets really bad when women are working together or competing for a position/promotion. Since women can be promoted just for being a woman they think as long as they are the top woman then they are in a good position to be promoted. And also women are just crazy like that

Now before anyone calls me sexist or anything, I said this because I was the unintended beneficiary of this once. My boss told me a while back that I was hired because HR thought I was a woman (I have a womans name) and they were trying to improve the diversity of their employees. Ha, fooled them So, I'm just saying it happens.
tlgibson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Default why is it so hard to get along with other women

hahaha! i realize a lot people get this trouble. It is not that difficult to solve this.
Basic in life , People like or love to hate each others more than love,or like each others
that is how life work. That's why when the world has big trouble like , earth quake , fire, or others thing from mother nature that destroy or killed a lot of life.
That means in life doesn't matter who are you. You will Die. Who care what colors, or race You will Die. Either by yourself or together with others, So we all should live happy everyday .
People who knows it , or can't understand it they more likely to carry one that human
nature of living with Hate, Anger , and ignorant
when you see people who like that, think this person is drive their live down, and die with hate, unhappy, and anger , they more likely take it with them for the next life time.So you should recognize and open your heart and think about them , love them more if you can, Love them means if you pray or when you pray, Pray for them too
so they can be less hate, anger,and ignorance .
that is the best you can do.
toicosas is offline   Reply With Quote