X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why dont drugs affect me much?

Ive noticed over the past year or so that drugs have hardly any effect on me. Ive been on about every SSRI, hydroxizine, buspar, and klonopin. Its not just these anxiety pills but most things. Herbal supplements just dont work. I took 6 450mg tablets of valerian root, i feel nothing. 3mg of klonopin only makee
feel off balance and tired, but there is no obvious effects. I know people are healed with .5 mg of that ****.

My mom takes 2 benadryl and sometimes a muscle relaxant and shes high as a kite. I took 3 muscle relaxants when i pinched the nerve that rums down the back of your leg, and i get nothin. I should try to take 30 g of valerian root and a whole bottle of bemadryl, maybe even a gram if klonopin. Then mayne something would happen.

But why does this happen to me? Is it because i dont think the medicine will work? Is it possible im having some reverse placebo effect where if i dont believe medicine will work it wont? WTF is wrong with me.
King Moonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Some people just have an extremely high tolerance to medication. My dad is the same way. He has to take like 3x the dosage just to feel a little bit of the effects.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Damn ill probably be the same way. My mom hides all the drugs and has confinscaded my klonopin, and she wont give me more than the reccomended doses of anything. It drives me crazy. She gives me up to 2 mg of kpin. An the effects dont make sense. Ya i get tired and stuff, but i have the urge to hug people and become more creative. **** doesnt make sense.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Moonracer View Post
Ive noticed over the past year or so that drugs have hardly any effect on me. Ive been on about every SSRI, hydroxizine, buspar, and klonopin. Its not just these anxiety pills but most things. Herbal supplements just dont work. I took 6 450mg tablets of valerian root, i feel nothing. 3mg of klonopin only makee
feel off balance and tired, but there is no obvious effects. I know people are healed with .5 mg of that ****.

My mom takes 2 benadryl and sometimes a muscle relaxant and shes high as a kite. I took 3 muscle relaxants when i pinched the nerve that rums down the back of your leg, and i get nothin. I should try to take 30 g of valerian root and a whole bottle of bemadryl, maybe even a gram if klonopin. Then mayne something would happen.

But why does this happen to me? Is it because i dont think the medicine will work? Is it possible im having some reverse placebo effect where if i dont believe medicine will work it wont? WTF is wrong with me.
You know hydrooxizine is an antihistimine, buspar is a NDRI, and Klonopin is a benzo right?
wxcwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm like this too. Things will work for me in the beginning and then after two weeks nothing.
LALoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxcwman View Post
You know hydrooxizine is an antihistimine, buspar is a NDRI, and Klonopin is a benzo right?
Ya it is. I know, i guess hydroxizine has anxiety helping effects too. I dont even know what an NDRI is haha. But there really arent many good options as far as anxiety and depression drugs.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

it's because you're young and healthy (i'm assuming) and you're taking weak drugs. take an 8th of shrooms and then come back and tell us how drugs don't affect you much.
Recipe For Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm the same way. Try some Xanax..works pretty well.
imNotShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

I was prescribed Ativan for anxiety at one point & when I got it they were sure to warn me that it can be stronger than I think but when I took it I never felt anything at all, even at a double dose. I suspect some people just have a body chemistry that influences it, for example diet & physical condition maybe be factors

"Woman I'm troubled,
I be all worried in mind,
Well baby I just can't be satisfied,
And I just can't keep from crying"

Youtube ~ Facebook ~ SoundCloud ~ Reverbnation
Canadian Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe For Disaster View Post
it's because you're young and healthy (i'm assuming) and you're taking weak drugs. take an 8th of shrooms and then come back and tell us how drugs don't affect you much.
haha give me some shrooms. Ive never done illegal drugs, but im fascinated on the effects of hallucinagens on the mind. I really wana try them, and they are less dangerous than alcohal. It doesnt make sense that nicotine and alcohal are legal and weed, LSD, and ecstasy arent. People actually die from the 2 legal things.

Ya and as for xanax. Im pretty sure klonopin is like 10x more powerful haha. theyre both benzos. Im gonna take 3 klonopin tonight since its the night before school.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

Ya and as for xanax. Im pretty sure klonopin is like 10x more powerful haha. theyre both benzos. Im gonna take 3 klonopin tonight since its the night before school.

Klonopin is weak. Used to pop em like Skittles and still felt nothing.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imNotShy View Post
Klonopin is weak. Used to pop em like Skittles and still felt nothing.
hmm weird, maybe ill try xanax. Its so weird how different drugs affect different people so...diferently
Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
haha give me some shrooms. Ive never done illegal drugs, but im fascinated on the effects of hallucinagens on the mind. I really wana try them, and they are less dangerous than alcohal. It doesnt make sense that nicotine and alcohal are legal and weed, LSD, and ecstasy arent. People actually die from the 2 legal things.

Don't take psychedelics lightly. Just because they can't kill you doesn't mean they can't severely alter your mental state, especially when you take it your first time and you can't equate what you are feeling. You don't want to be some crazy kid running down the street barefoot questioning if you really exist.
Howlin' wide or moanin low
So many roads I know
So many roads to ease my soul
Brightpaperwarewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
hmm weird, maybe ill try xanax. Its so weird how different drugs affect different people so...diferently
Very true. Alot of people on here have found some success with Klonopin. It just made me tired.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

it sometimes has to do with size/weight etc...and also some people can handle a lot of medication without being affected.
aBucketandaMop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightpaperwarewolf View Post
Don't take psychedelics lightly. Just because they can't kill you doesn't mean they can't severely alter your mental state, especially when you take it your first time and you can't equate what you are feeling. You don't want to be some crazy kid running down the street barefoot questioning if you really exist.
psychedelics don't necessarily cause mental illness only increase genetic mental disorders already present. I've taken MMs and it was absolutely amazing. I had an epiphany and It changed my whole outlook on life and see things differently. It also made me massively more confident in social situations. Best thing I have ever done, hands down...MMs also aren't toxic at all and have no harming physical effects. The only thing you have to watch out for is a bad trip which is relatively uncommon and any bad mental effects from it are temporary.
TheMusicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
You are pharmaceutical companies' worst nightmare.
Destined2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusicMan View Post
psychedelics don't necessarily cause mental illness only increase genetic mental disorders already present. I've taken MMs and it was absolutely amazing. I had an epiphany and It changed my whole outlook on life and see things differently. It also made me massively more confident in social situations. Best thing I have ever done, hands down...MMs also aren't toxic at all and have no harming physical effects. The only thing you have to watch out for is a bad trip which is relatively uncommon and any bad mental effects from it are temporary.
All right it's story time! That statement about the crazy kid running down the street in bare feet questioning why he exists, it's a true story and there's even more.

So it was after a concert, some chick gave my friend and I goo balls when all the sudden, this kid jumps out the bushes. This kid is totally tripping balls, like the first time he did acid. He's keeps questioning things, like do I really exist........NO this isn't real, NO yes it is, no we don't exist. He starts going up to people saying you all don't exist and this kid looks like he's about to run in the street. I decided to tell the kid to chill out and lie down like everyone else on the ground. He looked relaxed for a second, then he punches me right in the face. I was pretty messed up myself so I got up and shook it off, let the kid run amok. He tries to run across the street, but this police officer threatens to lock him up in the mental hospital if he doesn't calm down. Everyone was basically telling him to chill out. Next thing he does, he go up to a couple, at first, tries to fondle the chick's breasts. Then he goes up to the dude and tries to unzip his pants. The dude was about to beat his ***, so I intervened once again because there were cops and told the dude, look man, he's tripping, he's ****ed up, just let him be. The dude chills out by the crowd by then turned on the kid and told him to run in the woods. That's what he basically did.

I'm sure the kid is fine but at the time, he was wack. Psychedelics can do that but the moral of the story:

1. When you are new, don't trip alone

2. Be in a safe environment.

3. Stay away from the public unless you are at some festival where everyone else is tripping.

It's isn't about someone turning crazy. It's just if you have a bad trip, especially your first time, it's not going to be remembered as a positive experience.
Howlin' wide or moanin low
So many roads I know
So many roads to ease my soul
Brightpaperwarewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

thats the problem. i dont have anyone i could do it with. I could try salvia maybe because it only lasts like 5 minutes, but ive never smoked anything before. Ive never gone to any parties or anything.

Strangely enough i had a dream last night about drugs haha. I have never done any before, and an old HS guy who i knew for doing drugs was there. IT was like a party where everyone was smoking weed and doing lsd type drugs. I took these pills that made me feel really crazy. Dreams are ****ed up
Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

man i have done shrooms, cocaine and mdma none of which had any effects on me and i know i did enough cause everybody else was tripping out and having a fun time while i just waited for it to take effect i am going to try lsd next if that doesnt work i may need to get my brain scaned or something
chozen1989 is offline   Reply With Quote