Originally Posted by thatswet
people never start conversations with me, and when they do, it's about something that's obvious.
nobody calls me, other than family members
when I walk out of a room, everyone's mood suddenly changes
nobody gives me compliments, other than my mom
I don't understand why I deserve this.
Unfortunately you haven't disclosed your gender; my advice differs depending on whether you're male or female.
If you're male then people don't like you because you're not "cool" enough; if you're female it's because you're not physically attractive enough.
To be cool, you have to do the following:
- Magically cure yourself of SA.
- Develop an arrogant swagger when you walk.
- Call everyone "dude".
- When a group of girls are *****ing about someone, join in--they love that.
- Incorporate as much slang into your vocabulary as possible.
- Talk enthusiastically about popular culture; films, music, etc. And do so with an overly animated face and preferably a Welsh accent.
- Generally be a complete *******.
Many people on this site seem a bit naive. The fact is, people (girls especially*
) are attracted to "coolness" and more generally social status. Shy men are considered losers in our society (unless they somehow get rich). For the average person, continually striving to out-"cool" each other is practically their hobby. If your hobby is something academic instead, then you'll have to wait until you're rich before people respect you.
*most girls are incredibly sensitive to notions of "geekiness" and are actually repulsed by it.
After writing that, I realise this advice (it's actually a rant disguised as advice) assumes that you're roughly the same age as me (22). My "advice" might be different otherwise.
Hope this helps.