Why do so many people have to make fun of me? and why me? - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why do so many people have to make fun of me? and why me?

I have been made fun of pretty much since the age of 12. from years of being picked on in high school, until now, and someday's I really do wonder what is wrong with me?. in high school I was never a pretty girl. I wore big purple glasses, my hair was messy, and although I've always been slim, I was too slim. now that I have dragistcally improved my image, no more glasses, dyed my hair, I am still getting picked on. I am now beginning to think it is my face. I do not like my face, even when I wear make up. Now I live in an aparment and got these neighbours, round my age, they all pick on me. the 3 guys and 1 girl, they laugh at me, call me names, throw stuff at me, bang my wall, one of them pushed me down the stairs the other day. they talk behind my back, write notes to threaten me, ughh they are complete neighbours from HELL. i know ive seen on tv neighbours in caravans from hell but im in an APARTMENT. why me ya know. even the local people at the supermarket dont like me, i feel SO ugly I promise on my death bed no guy will like me.
disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm really sorry this is happening to you, a lot of that actually sounds scary (and the rest is just heartbreakingly sad)! You are a real victim here, it's not just in your mind, you're being subject to unreasonable (and in the case of being deliberately pushed down stairs) criminal behaviour! Keep the notes, however hard that may be, and please take them to someone - Police? Community Support? YOU DON'T DESERVE to have to live like that. It's taken guts and determination to get as far as you have, don't let the [insert favourite ***** word here] get you down.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default hmm

Yep, call the police on this one. You obviously have issues about how you see yourself but they can wait as your personal safety is under direct threat by the sounds of things and you need to inform the authorities and consider moving if needs be.
percyblueraincoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Agreed - that's ridiculous. I mean, if there's physical violence this is something the authorities need to be contacted with. Best wishes - hope they get fined or something!!!
xTKsaucex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

You do NOT deserve to be treated like that! Even if you were ugly - which I highly doubt - no one deserves to be threatened and assalted, especially not in their own home. Please, please get some help on this; things like this don't get better on their own.
SilentWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

how did this thing with the neighbors start?
Recipe For Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Absolutely go to the police and document EVERYTHING!

"Never try to appear to be more than you are but always try to be more than you appear."
Still Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Please keep us informed on how you're doing. Don't feel you're alone cause you're not.
Guerrera38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

you were being made fun of cus of your "geeky" looks when you where younger and now you are being made fun of cus of your past. meaning, that bullies will always be willing to continue bulling if you give them a reaction. and this reaction that you give is a negative emotional reaction from your past... which feeds the bully.

forget the past (some how) and you should forget the present.

Quote:
Now I live in an apartment and got these neighbours, round my age, they all pick on me. the 3 guys and 1 girl, they laugh at me, call me names, throw stuff at me, bang my wall, one of them pushed me down the stairs the other day. they talk behind my back, write notes to threaten me, ughh they are complete neighbours from HELL.
sorry you have to go through all that but your best solution is to move out. don't waste your time with fighting what has no purpose.... what is a dead end. instead, fight for your rights and learn. learn that it is not you, it is them.

them being a certain type of people though, don't generalize. not everyone is the same.
mrfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yes, call police, carry some kind of legal spray, like hot pepper or mace if its legal there. Find a better area to live in maybe and maybe find a roommate also to split expenses. That's how a large majority live on their own when younger.

It's hard for me to understand why people do that. I used to be called some relatively innocent names and bad things too, by people I never talked to, who played on my depressive issues. Those people have ugly souls though..that's like really horrible to do that to someone. When you get older, people are more mature, that's something to look forward to.
Sunshine009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

You're so pretty you make them insane with jealous rage.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

leave new zealand and come to the states. or at least move to sydney or something. In fact, move to massachusetts. that state was made for people who feel like they don't belong
wxolue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

That's pretty awful, definitely time to call the police about your current problem with your neighbours, though. Sounds to me like there isn't anything wrong with you, and you just happen to be around some vile individuals.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Institutions rarely respond to the first complaint.

If you complain they check the file, see that person has no previous complaints and do nothing.

Always file a report with the relevant people. Not so they will do anything, but so the next time some one complains there will be something in their file.

On a deeper level, if your parents were bullies it changes you and makes you a bully magnet.
LALoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Spike View Post
I'm really sorry this is happening to you, a lot of that actually sounds scary (and the rest is just heartbreakingly sad)! You are a real victim here, it's not just in your mind, you're being subject to unreasonable (and in the case of being deliberately pushed down stairs) criminal behaviour! Keep the notes, however hard that may be, and please take them to someone - Police? Community Support? YOU DON'T DESERVE to have to live like that. It's taken guts and determination to get as far as you have, don't let the [insert favourite ***** word here] get you down.

I don't know about the police. I had a neighbor growing up who was insane and used to threaten my mom and my sisters and bang on the walls, actually cornered my mom and threatened to punch her!
We went to the police and they just talked to her and that was that. After calling the police over and over they acted like we were the ones causing trouble.

~M.E.
JinxosGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

thanks yall heaps for all the advise youve given me I really appreciate it

firstly about these neighbours I did end up going to the police and they told me if anything else happens I can call them, they had a talk with the neighbours and yeah well at least they are now avoiding me, but they still talk behind my back cuse I can hear it

Im also planning to move out because of my cousin, we dont get along and he is mean to me aswell. why i didnt mention this before i apologise. and i recon im also letting my past shadow get to me and I now want that shadow to stop following me

I am currently living in australia and have carried my past shadows with me, my dream is to travel, my 2 places I wanna see is USA, lol ty for recommendation tenesse has alot of awsome bars haha, and japan!
im scared Ill carry this fear

Ill try not to feel ugly even though its very hard for me to feel normal around people. but ty everyone pps those neighbours cant push me down the stairs no more cuse they are poofters and I did nothing wrong to them, they just saw me as a very easy target
disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

I am really pleased to here that you're getting out of there; a new start could be exactly what you need. It's not easy to stand up to bullies: I think you're incredibly brave.
SilentWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
I have been made fun of pretty much since the age of 12. from years of being picked on in high school, until now, and someday's I really do wonder what is wrong with me?. in high school I was never a pretty girl. I wore big purple glasses, my hair was messy, and although I've always been slim, I was too slim. now that I have dragistcally improved my image, no more glasses, dyed my hair, I am still getting picked on. I am now beginning to think it is my face. I do not like my face, even when I wear make up. Now I live in an aparment and got these neighbours, round my age, they all pick on me. the 3 guys and 1 girl, they laugh at me, call me names, throw stuff at me, bang my wall, one of them pushed me down the stairs the other day. they talk behind my back, write notes to threaten me, ughh they are complete neighbours from HELL. i know ive seen on tv neighbors in caravans from hell but im in an APARTMENT. why me ya know. even the local people at the supermarket dont like me, i feel SO ugly I promise on my death bed no guy will like me.
I just read your quote on people that make fun of you;I am so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I don't understand why people in this world are so ****ed up & mean. People make fun of me since I'm nice to people take it as being weak, I always have to be on the defensive even around my friends( even some of those in my former church). I guess my post is so I can relate & vent at the same time.Also, I was in the U.S. military(honorably discharged) and I deployed; the troops I deployed with were so mean to the people in the overseas, even those that higher ranking. I don't understand why God would allow such awful things to happen to innocent people either..btw based on your picture you are pretty. You WILL find a guy that you like and that likes you
mmkmqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

cuz they are jerks......