X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why Do People Walk So Slow?

Okay this is frustrating. Why do people walk so damn slow? Or maybe it's because I walk fast, but it's almost as if people walk slowly on purpose. Sometimes I don't want to catch up to people so I end up standing still in one spot, waiting for them to get further ahead, but it takes so long for them to walk. And even when they're way ahead of me, I still overtake them when I'm walking normally, I'm not even trying to walk fast, I'm walking at a comfortable pace. Why the hell do people walk so slow?
Vict0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

soo true they just walk very slow ....
forex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm one of those slow walkers you hate. Just pass me up. I actually get anxiety when walking because I know some of the "fast walkers" are hating me thinking I'm a slow fat scumbag. I look at some of their faces when they pass me up and they have a pissed off look.

I just feel weird walking fast, and if feels unnatural to me. Maybe I have short legs. I'm not that tall 5'8. I'm also overweight so that might be another reason I walk slower.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

lol they got something stuck up in their azz making them legs move slow
EmotionlessThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Why do people walk so fast?

And not some cheap ***** amateur "model" at 5'6 with average feautures just using their youth and body to make their worth seem inflated.

Like, an actual model.
MindOverMood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOverMood View Post
Why do people walk so fast?
They want to let their fart out, or they running for work. Maybe it's a habit, it's like saying why do sexy girls walk fast?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

I walk fast, I can't stand getting stuck behind someone taking half an hour to walk a ten minute walk. I probably do look annoyed when I'm walking.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't walk particularly fast, I walk at a normal rate and yet I always catch up to people. Sometimes there'll be situations when I don't want to catch up to somebody and I try so hard to slow down, so as to not catch up to them. But I end up catching up anyway. So I end up having to stop walking, and I stand there pretending to be on my phone while waiting for them to be a considerable distance away from me so as to not risk catching up to them.
Vict0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

I hate walking slow.

I also don't like when people ride up/down escalators at a standstill rather than take steps at the same time.
Silent Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, it is annoying. Especially the ones that walk right in the middle of the sidewalk.

I get kind of dizzy easily when walking up stairs and I always wait for slow people to get a good bit ahead of me before walking up myself. I don't like to be right behind them. Also, I've noticed some men walk 2 steps at a time. Makes me sick to my stomach when I see that for some reason.
komorikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

I tend to walk faster than most people cause I have long legs.
Syndacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Very true. If you're going to walk at a negligible speed you might as well move yourself over to the far right side. Seriously. I'm sure though from other people's point of view I walk ridiculously fast like i'm in a hurry or something. But I'm really not. I just like to walk faster. This is probably because my legs are much longer than other people's
Old 10-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

I don't really have long legs. My Dad walks even faster than I do, I think I got it from him. He doesn't have a car so we used to walk everywhere.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

I can understand passing someone up (like how cars do when switching lanes), but I didn't realize it really infuriates people. More reason for me not to go out. I'm probably in everyone's way. Just a fat slow piece of trash.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONER3454 View Post
More reason for me not to go out. I'm probably in everyone's way. Just a fat slow piece of trash.
lol, don't be mean to yourself brah.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

I feel uncomfortable both ways, slow and fast. If I'm in front of people, I feel like they are talking about me while walking behind people makes me feel like a creep.
Ras2248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have the same frustration. The worst is when the person in front of me is about to get on the escalator and they slow down to an absolutely ridiculous pace. Just get on the ****ing escalator, moron! They walk slower than the escalator itself is moving.
Ape in space is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Oh jesus, you have no idea. Even today (since I stayed out for a while) I experienced this. In some other state or city maybe it's not so bad, but walking around in Manhattan, well...

And it's not so much the walking slow as it is not being able to walk in a straight line. Where people just drift over and block me from walking at my pace. Then if I wind up bumping into them, they have the nerve to look at me like I'M the *******. **** that. I'm not the one who isn't paying attention to where they're going (even without adding cellphones to the equation).

Women are the worst. I'm talking about women in New York City (you know, those types?), that is. I'm convinced they position themselves right in front of you and then slow down (they're already slower than most turtles to begin with). Then they do that sideways look on top of that, in order to make you come of as a creep or a stalker. Please, stop trying to flatter yourselves.

I could go on even more, but maybe I'll stop for now.
BlazingLazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

LOL was just wondering that today. I hate trying to get to class, and people in front of me take centuries to walk...
JenN2791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

What I don't like is when someone is a little slow but walking just fast enough that it becomes awkward to pass them unless I walk faster than my normal pace. I'm then forced to either slow down or speed up so I'm not walking beside them for long if I pass.
Dreamscape is offline   Reply With Quote