Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Why do people kill animals?

6K views 74 replies 39 participants last post by  regimes 
#1 ·
torture them, physically abuse them, kill them, eat them, that's disgusting, some idiot just posted a video of dogs being killed with sledgehammers on facebook. I feel like chopping off those people's heads and feeding them to dogs or better yet don't chop off their heads and simply tap them into a cage with a huge aggressive hungry lion. Now I'm going to watch videos of lions eating people on youtube to make myself feel better for the other video I saw. I remember watching a video on the news of 3 Texas men found dead after they didn't return back from duck hunting. I LOVE IT. Now those ducks are safer without those cowards. I think their dead bodies should be fed to tigers and lions and other animals.

#4 ·
all animals deserve to live just like humans, a lot of times when there are school shootings they always put the profiles of the victims who were killed and in many of these incidents a few of them turn out to be animal hunters, they even have pictures of them hunting or fishing, etc... I like the fact these animals are safer now without those people. It's called KARMA. And I don't support school shootings. I am against killing animals. It's still karma.

#6 ·
Protein bro.....I tried going vegan...lost muscle mass so damn fast. Love my meat bro.

#8 ·
I think you've posted about this before more than once. You seem to come across an awful lot of animal cruelty videos. :| I don't go looking for such stuff, therefore I don't have to see it. And if something like that did pop up in some search results, I wouldn't click on/watch it. If I were able to, I would try to report it.

Are you deliberately looking for such videos...? You realize that when you view them, you're creating a demand for them, right...? I hope you at least report them...after you're done watching them. :|

#10 ·
the only animal cruelty videos I've seen is when someone uploads it and posts it up for people to see like youtube or the news or facebook. I saw a video on youtube of some kids killing rabbits with a knife like it's normal. This is what the adults are teaching them, that it's okay to kill animals. It's not okay. I think if humans are going to kill they should only kill each other. There is absolutely NO REASON to get animals involved. Respect animals. They have been on this Earth longer than humans. You don't have to watch physical abuse of animals. You ALREADY know it's going on. Every single time you see meat you should be reminded WHAT the animal had to go throw just for some pathetic human to eat a hamburger or hot dog. No clown, I don't go to watch them. I have watched them years ago for slaughter houses and guess what. I should these videos to my sibling and now he is vegetarian AND his son is vegetarian. His son never ate meat in his life and he's going to be 4 years old so something positive came out of him watching a PETA video. Idiots like to kill animals and make videos about it and has been someone on this site who said she enjoys watching this kind of stuff. I only watched it because someone posted it on Facebook. I think it would be strange for me to actually watch videos of animals being physically abused, tortured and killed, unless it was some kind of PETA or animal rights video exposing the truth to the people. I reported many of these videos on youtube and they are still up with millions of views. There are videos of Donald Trump's sons killing birds for fun with guns. The problem is society normalizes the killing of animals to the point that people can't distinguish what is right and wrong when it comes to how we treat animals.

I take care of animals. I have a bird station in my backyard. I can see it right outside my bedroom window and it's close. This is where birds come to eat bird seeds and drink water since I have a bird feeder and water feeder plus I have two birds living in a bird house platform I bought for them. I think it's cute. I even stuff it with some sterilized natural coconut fiber used for bird nest just so they will feel comfortable. I have seen them play with this fiber inside their bird house platform and I think that's cute. I also bought a bird house they can go in when it gets cold. I think birds are cute. That's my favorite animal. So when I see an idiot killing, physically abusing animals, that's a negative reaction I will get. When I see the brainless truck driver with crates filled with crowded chickens I get pissed off. Whenever I come across these videos they are used as a reminder to me what is really going on in this world. Just walk into a McDonald's or any fast food restaurant and look around. You will see parents with children smiling and laughing and kids playing. Oh how nice is that, I don't think so. Look what they have on their plates-- meat. What did it take? KILLING. What goes inside the brain of someone who is killing these innocent, defenseless animals? Are they having happy thoughts while they are cutting their throats? That's not normal. Or are they expressing anger and enjoying it? That's also not normal. So when these animal killers get killed themselves it's a blessing, it's karma but also it means they can NO LONGER kill animals anymore. Just leave them alone and let them live.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#22 ·
We eat to survive, or at least that's been our natural inclination. We're not an obligate carnivore like predatory cats, though. I think that factory farming and our growing understanding that animals feel and think very similarly to us is complicating the morality of meat-eating as a lifestyle choice. That, and there are billions of people that believe that animals have souls adds to the dilemma.

#16 ·
Well animals have a very low level of consciousness. I mean i dont know really, if people dont eat meat then they get weak and they miss out on a lot of food. If they do eat meat, then animals die. I guess since we are the most powerful/intelligent species, we have established and continued the practice of killing/eating animals for millenia. The world is messed up.

#17 ·
You can eat no meat and not getting weak. Eating healthy while being vegan is pretty hard, but it's easier when you are vegetarian, you can eat dairy products, eggs and such. At worst you just have to check iron levels and stuff like that and supplement if you have defieciencies but it's very possible not to have any. I am vegetarian and I didn't lose mass since I stop eating meat, nor do I have deficiencies.

You don't necessarily have to be vegetarian but in the West people eat way too much meat (like once a day and sometimes at every meal). Not only is it not healthy, but it's preety bad for the planet. Beef is the worst in that regard, while chicken tend to be ok.

Eating meat 3-4 times a week is usually enough to be ok with protein. Few people in the west suffer from a lack of protein.

Granted we are the more intelligent specie, but we differ from other species in the sense that most of our meat is not obtained by hunting. We give birth to animals to eat them. It's not necessarily a problem but what is bothersome is that our consumption model lead use to produce an enormous quantity of meat, of which a significant part is not consummed eaten, it is wasted. Furthermore farmed animals are equal when it comes to living conditions. For example while organic chicken usually have a decent amount of space and can access outdoor, cheap chicke like you can find in fast food or buy at discount prices in supermarkets have horrendous lives. Granted a chicken does not have the same level of consciouness as us but they still have emotions and can feel physical and psychological pain, so it remains a very cruel thing to do to inflict them such a thing. But it's not all about meat: eggs and milk industries are also concerned. Unhappily people with modest income cannot necessarily afford organic meat. Part of the response is to eat less but better quality (wheter you rich or not). Of course if you really are poor it can't work.

#18 ·
Some people don't value them as much as humans for an example. I can admit that I don't do that to All animals. Only those big enough and those that I don't see as more negative than positive. My guess one of the reasons.

#34 ·
Some people enjoy killing animals. Most people, who kill animals, kill them for profit. It does very much sadden me, the way people are, the way the world is. I've seen some horrible videos of lambs being hung upside down and having their throats slit. That's something I would not do, but it would seem that most people would.

#36 ·
Cassoulet94I just wanted to say that your intelligent posts that I've been reading has truly inspired me. And though it is my nature and i cannot help being stupid, I've decided to stop eating meat. The meat that I'm currently eating at this time while I type this reply to you will be my last. Promise.

#41 ·
Countdown to Extinction by Megadeth, great album and great song

Megadeth Lyrics

"Countdown To Extinction"

[Mustaine - Ellefson - Menza - Friedman:]

Endangered species, caged in fright
Shot in cold blood, no chance to fight
The stage is set, now pay the price
An ego boost, don't think twice
Technology, the battle's unfair
You pull the hammer without a care
Squeeze the trigger that makes you 'Man'
Pseudo-safari, the hunt is canned
The hunt is canned

All are gone, all but one
No contest, nowhere to run
No more left, only one
This is it; this is the Countdown to Extinction

Tell the truth, you wouldn't dare
The skin and trophy, oh so rare
Silence speaks louder than words
Ignore the guilt and take your turn
Liars' anagram is "lairs"
Man you were never even there
Killed a few feet from the cages
Point blank, you're so courageous
So courageous

No more left, only one

[Solo - Friedman:]

"One hour from now
Another species of life form
Will disappear off the face of the planet
Forever, and the rate is accelerating"

[Solo - Mustaine & Friedman:]

No more left, only one

#46 ·
Recently watched a show about living longer - and vegetarians win. A group of people in Lomalinda (they are Seventh Day Adventists and vegetarians) often live well into their 90's and more. My son is vegetarian now and it started me looking at it - it makes sense, although I do still like a bit of meat sometimes.

#51 ·
I was raised a Seventh Day Adventist. I don't believe Ellen G White is really a prophet though and plus the bible supports the killing and eating of animals. The only famous people I know that were seventh day adventist are Ben Carson, Brian McKnight, Busta Rhymes was raised a Seventh Day Adventist but he got out of that, reminds me of a lyric he wrote,

Federal cases cause enough bodies, end up in medical places
In they blood finding them chemical traces
Leaving special investigators going through skeptical phases
While we getting money the decimal changes
I was a Seventh Day Adventist apprentice
Now I strike with a vengeance
Blowing the door right up off of the hinges

#47 ·
For meat, I have a pet cow and I tell it everyday its just 1000 beefburgers on legs to me, but it's like stfu bro ...it knows I don't have the heart to kill it now :cry.....but animal abuse is a different story theres no call for it ...

#50 ·
I been vegetarian since I was around like 16, going to be 33 soon. It's too hard to be vegan for me. I found mayonnaise without eggs, I drink almond milk, but the problem is the cream cheese (I like bagels) and sandwich cheese, and other cheeses plus sour cream, too many foods I won't be able to eat which will make it impossible for me to eat my meals. I used to eat egg and cheese sandwiches but I stopped that and change it to hash brown sandwiches but still with sandwich cheese, they have vegan eggs but I tried it and it takes too much time to make and every time I did it I didn't do it right (don't know how to cook).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.