X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 06-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why are my neighbours so stupid?

Do they not realize that leaving their mutt out to bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark is just a tad annoying for everyone else? Are they ****ing retarded?

I need to find my bb gun...

Actually I just realized this should probably go in the Frustration forum.

I know I still have that thing around here somewhere....

Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Why are my neighbours so stupid?

Yeah, that's got to be irritating as hell Thankfully, none of my neighbors have any psychotic dogs...

~Def Leppard~
leppardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

i almost felt compelled to read every single one of those barks. thank god i didn't tho. that would have been very boring and OCD-ish.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

My mom is one of those people. Lets her YAPPING dog stay in the back all day long. Since I've been here I've stopped that, but when I leave again, back he will be in the yard, barking all day, literally, non-stop. Her reasoning: everyone must work as much as her. (sometimes 12 hours a day) right???

I've seen my back neighbor home on more than one ocassion during the day. One day, at 12:30 pm, I saw him exhaling his pot smoke out his back window. I'm fairly sure there are college students living there. And I'm sure they will just LOVE it when I move out and this dog is back to barking 8 am to 8 pm.
nesteroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

I hope the bb gun reference was for the owners. Dogs bark and bark when then are bored and don't get enough attention. It's not there fault thier owners are jerks. The dog is not psychotic he just wants his pack.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

I use to have these people that lived back of my house that had two Siberian Huskies that were tied up all of the time. They barked all of the time. You can't have those kind of dogs in town. They were also breaking their chains and getting loose and running all over town. Finnally some of the folks around here turned them in and finally the landlord evicted them from the house.
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Re: re: Why are my neighbours so stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesteroff
My mom is one of those people. Lets her YAPPING dog stay in the back all day long. Since I've been here I've stopped that, but when I leave again, back he will be in the yard, barking all day, literally, non-stop. Her reasoning: everyone must work as much as her. (sometimes 12 hours a day) right???
Yeah, I hate people like that. I just don't understand why they think everyone else wants to listen to it.

Quote:
I hope the bb gun reference was for the owners.
Yes it is. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with the dog yet.

Quote:
Dogs bark and bark when then are bored and don't get enough attention.
I don't know if it wants attention or it just wants in. It stands at the back door and barks to be let in. The thing is, they'll let it do that for an hour at a time until they finally open the damn door. Then they let it out later and we go through the same thing all over again.

Quote:
Have you considered calling the police, or possibly animal control? They will probably be able to issue some sort of warning or noise violation citation.
Actually I've thought of leaving a note in their mailbox. I doubt it'll have much effect though. It's not just the dog with these people - they're just noise makers, period. They have a trampoline set up in the back, and their kids will have their friends over and they'll all be jumping on that, screaming and carrying on. In the winter they have a small rink set up, and one of the kids shoots a puck against a wooden board over and over and over...THUMP THUMP THUMP. Another thing the dad likes to do is yell instructions at his son as he (the son) mows the lawn. I guess he just likes to shout and hear his voice over the lawnmower.

All this we got kind of used to, it's a noisy neighbourhood overall, anyway. Then last year, they get the dog. Now of course they wouldn't get one of those dogs that don't bark or anything. They wouldn't just get a cat that you'd never hear. No, that would be too quiet for these people. They *had* to get one of those yippy, yappy dogs. I can just imagine them walking into the pound and asking for the noisiest animal they have. Wouldn't surprise me.

Quote:
I use to have these people that lived back of my house that had two Siberian Huskies that were tied up all of the time. They barked all of the time. You can't have those kind of dogs in town. They were also breaking their chains and getting loose and running all over town. Finnally some of the folks around here turned them in and finally the landlord evicted them from the house.
This one isn't like that. It's not a big, scary wolflike animal. It's just a medium-sized thing that likes to bark.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

The people who rent the house on my parent's other farm used to have two blue tick hounds that would howl and bark CONSTANTLY at all hours. I honestly don't know how anyone could put up with that noise, but they lived with it for years. It made it about impossible to do anything down there because they would drive me literally insane. They spent their entire lives tied up under a tree because if he let them loose they would take off running and wouldn't come back for days. If you think a regular dog bark is bad, be thankful you don't have to listen to hounds because they are about ten times worse.

~Disturbed: Asylum
Lonelyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

I can't stand it when my own dog barks- we use to live in a building once and at 3 o'clock in the morning when drunk people were outside screaming at each other and waking up everyone, eventually someone would come to the window and scream "SHUT THE **** UP" it works. So you could do that, it will save you the trouble of writing a note- walking to a mailbox or looking for a gun.
gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwen
I can't stand it when my own dog barks- we use to live in a building once and at 3 o'clock in the morning when drunk people were outside screaming at each other and waking up everyone, eventually someone would come to the window and scream "SHUT THE @#%$ UP" it works. So you could do that, it will save you the trouble of writing a note- walking to a mailbox or looking for a gun.
lol. That won't do it. These jackasses actually yell at their own dog to shut up. But then they don't do anything about it. I suppose that suits them just fine, because it creates more noise. Fifty times a day they go through this routine:

Dog: bark bark bark
Person: "Bailey!! Quiet!"
Dog: bark bark bark
Person: "Bailey! I said shut up!"
Dog: bark bark
Person: "Quiet!!!"
Dog: bark bark bark bark

*person then goes in house, leaves dog outside to continue barking*

Like I said, these people are nuts....

Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

start looking for that gun.
gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Grrrrrrrrrrrr--that makes me angry!!! Stupid pet parents! Shame on them for not taking better care of their dog!

Just now at Walley-World--there were lots of vehicles parked with poor dogs panting and barking hoping that their owners would come and get them out of that heat!

Peoples' ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

I haven't read all the other posts you've received, but please don't shoot that poor canine with your BB gun.

Could you try and talk to the neighbor? I know I wouldn't be able to do that--but I've had neighbors talk to me when they thought I let my dog(s) bark incessantly--which I never have BTW.

Star

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/ds ... 3&filmno=0
tinselhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselhair
Grrrrrrrrrrrr--that makes me angry!!! Stupid pet parents! Shame on them for not taking better care of their dog!

Just now at Walley-World--there were lots of vehicles parked with poor dogs panting and barking hoping that their owners would come and get them out of that heat!

Peoples' ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

I haven't read all the other posts you've received, but please don't shoot that poor canine with your BB gun.
Haha. I would never turn a gun on an animal (unless it was big and mean and was trying to eat me). A human, on the other hand....

well a bb gun probably wouldn't be that effective anyway.