Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   Video Games (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/video-games-619082/)

PaintItBlack 09-06-2013 09:12 PM

Video Games

Lets just say video games are only thing that still interests me in this life, I couldn't care less about anything else, and also idc what people think about me when I play it every day, whole day.
Anyway It annoys me when my mom or somebody else says how can u play it all the time, go out, go play with kids across the street, go speak to someone, or something like that.

Why do some people just cant stand or understand that not everybody likes to go and have retarded talks with people, meeting new people, or things like that?.
I like ****ing video games and I want to play it, leave me alone.

Even if I didnt have SA I would still play games whole day, I just hate people and I dont find any joy in playing with them or talking to them at all.

Anybody else gets annoyed with thing such as this?

Trovador 09-06-2013 09:14 PM

Pretty much everyone in here.

AxeDroid 09-06-2013 09:19 PM

Been there~!

ASB20 09-06-2013 09:22 PM

The stigma against video games has always bothered me.

I know it's because a lot of people "can't understand these whippersnappers and their gamebox 3" or whatever, but really - it's a far more immersive way of telling great stories than any other medium. It puts you in the driver's seat. It's a way to escape to another world.

Why people find that "weird" or "uncool"...I have no idea.

fredbloggs02 09-06-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASB20 (Post 1066494378)
The stigma against video games has always bothered me.

I know it's because a lot of people "can't understand these whippersnappers and their gamebox 3" or whatever, but really - it's a far more immersive way of telling great stories than any other medium. It puts you in the driver's seat. It's a way to escape to another world.

Why people find that "weird" or "uncool"...I have no idea.

The inner sense, and the images my imagination forms, are stronger than anything they have put on the screen. I don't believe this is true of most people.

The psychologist I saw seven years ago advised my parents to confiscate all my gaming consoles. It didn't work. I found where my parents stowed them, and picked the lock of the container. I think my psychologist was stupid. Removing what serves to occupy someone will not force them to face problems that drove them to that position. Gaming was only a distraction. Take away drugs from someone with serious problems, you leave them writhing in despair. And when eventually they overcome withdrawal, what on earth would then motivate them to mend their shattered existence?

Veracity 09-06-2013 09:40 PM

Video games provide the best social experiences. I never would've known that KiDsNiPeSxX123 ****ed my mom if it weren't for CoD online.

Lacking Serotonin 09-06-2013 09:41 PM

I played video games like no tomorrow until I got into drugs. :(

Veracity 09-06-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacking Serotonin (Post 1066494866)
I played video games like no tomorrow until I got into drugs. :(

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/200H...12-d3h5o70.jpg

Why not both?

ASB20 09-06-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veracity (Post 1066494826)
Video games provide the best social experiences. I never would've known that KiDsNiPeSxX123 ****ed my mom if it weren't for CoD online.

Call of Duty: Sage of our age.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7687/dylano.gif

Steiner of Thule 09-06-2013 10:42 PM

Ah I used to be really really into video games but I think the depression took a lot of the fun out of them. Yeah I like to play them still, I just don't play them nearly as much as I used to. By not nearly as much I mean I used to play all day everyday. Nowadays I play like a couple of hours a week. Depression is suck.

I usually played a ton of mmos. It was all i talked about with friends in middle school/high school. I know how you feel though, people would always tell me to do stuff besides video games. When other kids were outside playing, i was playing some super mario world on the super nintendo or some xbox games or probably everquest. Mmmmmm everquest. Oh and of course WoW.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/46acf9c6a...nrrko1_400.gif

KelsKels 09-06-2013 10:49 PM

Yeah I think most people just worry about people that stay inside in general. If you aren't out partying and staying with friends all the time, somethings wrong with you.

rotten 09-06-2013 10:52 PM

I don't have people telling me what to do. If I wanted, I could just play games and nothing else.

87wayz 09-06-2013 11:28 PM

I used to play games a lot, but after 18 I was usually too busy.

I'm definitely too busy now.

You'll one day either thank your mother for making you give up the game, or you'll be angry at yourself for giving too much time to it.

PaintItBlack 09-07-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87wayz (Post 1066497154)
I used to play games a lot, but after 18 I was usually too busy.

I'm definitely too busy now.

You'll one day either thank your mother for making you give up the game, or you'll be angry at yourself for giving too much time to it.

She doesnt make me quit playing, she just annoys me when she always makes stupid comments about it all the time, anyway I'm not kid, she cant make me do things that I dont want to do lol.

Somebody mentioned CoD in comments above, I actually play some cod games lol, but not new ones, new ones are full of retarded kids, I play cod2 and cod4 (my fav cod game), these games are best cod games to me, and good thing they are older games so kids dont play it that much, because uk its not cool to play old games when u have BO2 (which I consider one of the worst cod along with mw3).
I play a lot of other games but most of them are older games too, I just dont find new games interesting at all.

Reason I play so much games and like them is because it helps me to forget about bad things in my life, when I play I concentrate on game and forget about problems.
It doesn't help me every day but most of the time it helps so.

Quote:

Ah I used to be really really into video games but I think the depression took a lot of the fun out of them. Yeah I like to play them still, I just don't play them nearly as much as I used to. By not nearly as much I mean I used to play all day everyday. Nowadays I play like a couple of hours a week. Depression is suck.
I'm depressed too, and yea its not fun like it sometimes was, but still its more fun to than anything else I do.

87wayz 09-07-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintItBlack (Post 1066497834)
She doesnt make me quit playing, she just annoys me when she always makes stupid comments about it all the time, anyway I'm not kid, she cant make me do things that I dont want to do lol.

Somebody mentioned CoD in comments above, I actually play some cod games lol, but not new ones, new ones are full of retarded kids, I play cod2 and cod4 (my fav cod game), these games are best cod games to me, and good thing they are older games so kids dont play it that much, because uk its not cool to play old games when u have BO2 (which I consider one of the worst cod along with mw3).
I play a lot of other games but most of them are older games too, I just dont find new games interesting at all.

Reason I play so much games and like them is because it helps me to forget about bad things in my life, when I play I concentrate on game and forget about problems.
It doesn't help me every day but most of the time it helps so.

I'm depressed too, and yea its not fun like it sometimes was, but still its more fun to than anything else I do.

The thing about forgetting problems is that while you're not thinking about them, they're also not getting solved.

PaintItBlack 09-07-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87wayz (Post 1066497930)
The thing about forgetting problems is that while you're not thinking about them, they're also not getting solved.

Not all problems can be solved thats why It's good to forget about some of them.
TBH I dont even have motivation or will to solve those that can be solved, depression and SA combined with some other things doesnt really help you or motivates you to fight for life.

Malek 09-07-2013 01:24 AM

When I'm not playing games, I'm just surfing the net, watching shows, reading fiction, or some other unproductive hobby. Escapism is what I desire when I'm not working, if it's not these things, then it'll be something else. Moderation is key.

amaris 09-07-2013 02:07 AM

Same here..I get so lost in playing video games that I forget connecting with people around me. Its like a drug..a way to escape to another world away from reality. I feel quite guilty at the same time that I am not facing my problems rather I am prolonging it.

Ntln 09-07-2013 03:36 AM

Yeah, though lately my interest in them has been going down a bit as well. Guess it's the depression. It's good to have at least one source of fun and escape, who cares if it's books, TV, sport or in our case, video games?

DanielTheFreak 09-07-2013 03:47 AM

Video games and the internet are pretty much the only things that are keeping me alive. These are the only things that I have fun with at the moment. And TV sometimes. If someone would take away all my games and wouldn't let me go on the internet I would be very suicidal because I got nothing else to do.

I know, it's pretty pathetic :oops