X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 03-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sucks not having anyone to talk to about anything

Ughh I have friends but not friends I consider close enough to share personal things with and such. Sucks having a lot in mind and not being able to vent =X

I feel like my head is about to explode from stress

Anyone in the same shoes?
TiredOfAnxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

The problem I have with this issue is that I'm not close to people I could talk to, and I feel like I'd need to know a person a lot before talking about personal stuff. Another thing I have problems with is that I fear sounding very negative or like everything I talk about are my problems.
It's as if I'm afraid of ruining someone's day by telling them about problems that don't really affect them, and I also am afraid of putting other people on the spot and make them feel like I expect them to say something or to solve my problems. Sometimes it's just about being listened, not about having my problems solved... but still, I find it difficult to find an appropriate moment to talk about problems.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey, maybe you can try to share what's on your mind with other forum users. Maybe it will be easier if you talk to someone you don't know and can understand you. People here are usually very supportive and understand how it feels to have social anxiety.
AndrejSosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrejSosic View Post
Hey, maybe you can try to share what's on your mind with other forum users. Maybe it will be easier if you talk to someone you don't know and can understand you. People here are usually very supportive and understand how it feels to have social anxiety.
This is very true, I've talked to a few people on here who are quite understanding as most have experienced what you're going through to some extent.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, same here. I don't have anyone I could talk with and be serious with. I do have friends but none that are in my situation nor do they understand it.
vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes. At this point I've gotten use to not having an ear or shoulder to lean on. If I'm feeling really weighed down about something I'll post on forums or google situations. Perhaps venting to a group of strangers may help you in terms of discussing personal issues. I wouldn't want to express much of anything personal to my friends.. much easier sometimes when the audience im talking to doesn't know me well.
I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships, I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself.
FireSoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkr View Post
The problem I have with this issue is that I'm not close to people I could talk to, and I feel like I'd need to know a person a lot before talking about personal stuff. Another thing I have problems with is that I fear sounding very negative or like everything I talk about are my problems.
It's as if I'm afraid of ruining someone's day by telling them about problems that don't really affect them, and I also am afraid of putting other people on the spot and make them feel like I expect them to say something or to solve my problems. Sometimes it's just about being listened, not about having my problems solved... but still, I find it difficult to find an appropriate moment to talk about problems.
This is me. I hate feeling negative, or like I'm constantly complaining about something. And on the rare occasion when I do talk to someone, anything they say after the fact just feels like pity. Like they feel the need to be nice, whether it's genuine or not. I just want to be able to be real with people and get the same in return.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
Yes. At this point I've gotten use to not having an ear or shoulder to lean on. If I'm feeling really weighed down about something I'll post on forums or google situations. Perhaps venting to a group of strangers may help you in terms of discussing personal issues. I wouldn't want to express much of anything personal to my friends.. much easier sometimes when the audience im talking to doesn't know me well.
Be careful with that it can bite you later in ways you would think possible.
Greyfox78659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
J C

I haven't had any one to talk to about things either, weird thing is I'm use to it now and it doesn't really bother me as much as it did before. I do have moments though, when I really want to talk to people about some specific thing that I achieved or learned or something, and then get reminded that no one is there, that makes me discouraged sometimes.
J C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
pr0

See a therapist, or a hooker. You can open up to either about whatever you need to get off your chest, but one of them would be a whole lot more fun.
pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am so lucky because i have a husband who married me fully aware of my SA. I have very few close friends and the ones that are close don't comprehend how difficult my life can be. I am happy to have discovered this forum as i feel it will be a great place to be able to vent about my struggles with others who will understand. I will listen to anyone who needs an ear
vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Exact same shoes as you. Mine just don't understand.
InfiniteBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0 View Post
See a therapist, or a hooker. You can open up to either about whatever you need to get off your chest, but one of them would be a whole lot more fun.
Yeah but neither of them care as much as actual friends would.
diamondheart89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
J C

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondheart420 View Post
Yeah but neither of them care as much as actual friends would.
Or care at all for that matter.
J C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfAnxiety View Post
Ughh I have friends but not friends I consider close enough to share personal things with and such. Sucks having a lot in mind and not being able to vent =X

I feel like my head is about to explode from stress

Anyone in the same shoes?
I don't even hang out with friends anymore, so I never really share anything with anyone unless I need to talk to my parents about stuff, but that is rare.

What kind of bothers me is when people say that talking to people over a computer is "connecting" with someone. I don't think you truly connect with someone unless you talk with them face to face in real life.

I just wish I was better at connecting with friends. If I was, I wouldn't be alone so often.
IcemanKilmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

yeah i have the same problem.
i do have a few people i could probably talk to, like my mom. but i don't trust people with my feelings. i was already hurt once when i tried to tell a few people about anxiety, and i decided not to do it again. not for a while, anyway.
i think that's where SAS is helpful in that i can at least vent, get my thoughts out, even if no one's really listening/reading it.
purplefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have two people off of here that I talk to about my problems. There's nobody I would be able to open up with in the real world though, and it kind of sucks. If I told people in the real world about all of my issues I would get hated on sooooo much.
ImWeird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

yup, but im use to not talking & keeping stuff to myself now.
successful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

people always say they are open to talk about anything, such as depression, etc. but you dont want to talk to them about it because they dont understand. they would just think of you as a threat to yourself or others..... thats the case with me.
Xlostcausekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #20 (permalink)

I've talked about it to a few people about my SA and the response is usually along the lines of "oh you're probably just shy, you'll get over it". Gets pretttty annoying.
xLovesIt is offline   Reply With Quote