Sucks not having anyone to talk to about anything - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Reply
Old 03-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
TiredOfAnxiety's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Posts: 62



Default Sucks not having anyone to talk to about anything

Ughh I have friends but not friends I consider close enough to share personal things with and such. Sucks having a lot in mind and not being able to vent =X

I feel like my head is about to explode from stress

Anyone in the same shoes?
TiredOfAnxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
ozkr's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,506



Default

The problem I have with this issue is that I'm not close to people I could talk to, and I feel like I'd need to know a person a lot before talking about personal stuff. Another thing I have problems with is that I fear sounding very negative or like everything I talk about are my problems.
It's as if I'm afraid of ruining someone's day by telling them about problems that don't really affect them, and I also am afraid of putting other people on the spot and make them feel like I expect them to say something or to solve my problems. Sometimes it's just about being listened, not about having my problems solved... but still, I find it difficult to find an appropriate moment to talk about problems.
__________________
Stay away from here. It's not healthy.
ozkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
AndrejSosic's Avatar
 
Status: Social Anxiety Survivor
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Slovenia
Gender: Male
Posts: 45



Default

Hey, maybe you can try to share what's on your mind with other forum users. Maybe it will be easier if you talk to someone you don't know and can understand you. People here are usually very supportive and understand how it feels to have social anxiety.
AndrejSosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,089



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrejSosic View Post
Hey, maybe you can try to share what's on your mind with other forum users. Maybe it will be easier if you talk to someone you don't know and can understand you. People here are usually very supportive and understand how it feels to have social anxiety.
This is very true, I've talked to a few people on here who are quite understanding as most have experienced what you're going through to some extent.
__________________
"she wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in paris" -gustave flaubert
noyadefleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
vash's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 351



Default

Yeah, same here. I don't have anyone I could talk with and be serious with. I do have friends but none that are in my situation nor do they understand it.
vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
FireSoks's Avatar
 
Status: Fierce
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Balcony of my mind
Posts: 323



Default

Yes. At this point I've gotten use to not having an ear or shoulder to lean on. If I'm feeling really weighed down about something I'll post on forums or google situations. Perhaps venting to a group of strangers may help you in terms of discussing personal issues. I wouldn't want to express much of anything personal to my friends.. much easier sometimes when the audience im talking to doesn't know me well.
__________________
I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships, I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself.
FireSoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
readyforchange's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 11



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkr View Post
The problem I have with this issue is that I'm not close to people I could talk to, and I feel like I'd need to know a person a lot before talking about personal stuff. Another thing I have problems with is that I fear sounding very negative or like everything I talk about are my problems.
It's as if I'm afraid of ruining someone's day by telling them about problems that don't really affect them, and I also am afraid of putting other people on the spot and make them feel like I expect them to say something or to solve my problems. Sometimes it's just about being listened, not about having my problems solved... but still, I find it difficult to find an appropriate moment to talk about problems.
This is me. I hate feeling negative, or like I'm constantly complaining about something. And on the rare occasion when I do talk to someone, anything they say after the fact just feels like pity. Like they feel the need to be nice, whether it's genuine or not. I just want to be able to be real with people and get the same in return.
__________________
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.
readyforchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Greyfox78659's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 57



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
Yes. At this point I've gotten use to not having an ear or shoulder to lean on. If I'm feeling really weighed down about something I'll post on forums or google situations. Perhaps venting to a group of strangers may help you in terms of discussing personal issues. I wouldn't want to express much of anything personal to my friends.. much easier sometimes when the audience im talking to doesn't know me well.
Be careful with that it can bite you later in ways you would think possible.
Greyfox78659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
J C
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Posts: 85



Default

I haven't had any one to talk to about things either, weird thing is I'm use to it now and it doesn't really bother me as much as it did before. I do have moments though, when I really want to talk to people about some specific thing that I achieved or learned or something, and then get reminded that no one is there, that makes me discouraged sometimes.
J C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
pr0
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 5



Default

See a therapist, or a hooker. You can open up to either about whatever you need to get off your chest, but one of them would be a whole lot more fun.
pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton
Gender: Female
Posts: 8



Default

I am so lucky because i have a husband who married me fully aware of my SA. I have very few close friends and the ones that are close don't comprehend how difficult my life can be. I am happy to have discovered this forum as i feel it will be a great place to be able to vent about my struggles with others who will understand. I will listen to anyone who needs an ear
vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
InfiniteBlaze's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,684



Default

Exact same shoes as you. Mine just don't understand.
InfiniteBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
diamondheart89's Avatar
 
Status: giraffe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: where the wild things are
Gender: Female
Age: 24
Posts: 7,309



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0 View Post
See a therapist, or a hooker. You can open up to either about whatever you need to get off your chest, but one of them would be a whole lot more fun.
Yeah but neither of them care as much as actual friends would.
diamondheart89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
J C
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Posts: 85



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondheart420 View Post
Yeah but neither of them care as much as actual friends would.
Or care at all for that matter.
J C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
Status: Permanently Banned
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kansas City
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 1,481



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfAnxiety View Post
Ughh I have friends but not friends I consider close enough to share personal things with and such. Sucks having a lot in mind and not being able to vent =X

I feel like my head is about to explode from stress

Anyone in the same shoes?
I don't even hang out with friends anymore, so I never really share anything with anyone unless I need to talk to my parents about stuff, but that is rare.

What kind of bothers me is when people say that talking to people over a computer is "connecting" with someone. I don't think you truly connect with someone unless you talk with them face to face in real life.

I just wish I was better at connecting with friends. If I was, I wouldn't be alone so often.
IcemanKilmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
purplefruit's Avatar
 
Status: unstable
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The sheraton hotel in canada
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,594



Default

yeah i have the same problem.
i do have a few people i could probably talk to, like my mom. but i don't trust people with my feelings. i was already hurt once when i tried to tell a few people about anxiety, and i decided not to do it again. not for a while, anyway.
i think that's where SAS is helpful in that i can at least vent, get my thoughts out, even if no one's really listening/reading it.
purplefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
ImWeird's Avatar
 
Status: ?
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Posts: 2,519



Default

I have two people off of here that I talk to about my problems. There's nobody I would be able to open up with in the real world though, and it kind of sucks. If I told people in the real world about all of my issues I would get hated on sooooo much.
ImWeird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Status: Permanently Banned
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Orleans
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 3,885



Default

yup, but im use to not talking & keeping stuff to myself now.
successful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Xlostcausekid13's Avatar
 
Status: The Black Sheep
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: a House of Cards in a broken wind tunnel
Gender: Male
Posts: 145



Default

people always say they are open to talk about anything, such as depression, etc. but you dont want to talk to them about it because they dont understand. they would just think of you as a threat to yourself or others..... thats the case with me.
Xlostcausekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Gender: Female
Posts: 2



Default

I've talked about it to a few people about my SA and the response is usually along the lines of "oh you're probably just shy, you'll get over it". Gets pretttty annoying.
xLovesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scool sucks, Life (or lack there of) sucks, Everything sucks! Dark Crusader Teens 11 01-08-2011 03:18 AM
How do you talk about the normal stuff we talk about here in real life? Classified Coping With Social Anxiety 2 12-28-2009 07:43 PM
SA sucks. Work sucks. Life sucks. Hot Chocolate Coping With Social Anxiety 1 11-26-2008 11:27 AM
You know what sucks? SilentProphet Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise 12 07-03-2007 10:31 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.