X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 05-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default some people are so rude its crazy

I went to "best buy" today to pick up a chair my mom had back ordered, and this lady that worked at customer service just like called me out. i hate walking up to counters or asking questions or just standing in line, so i was already a nervous wreck. after i gave her my moms name and she called someone to bring the chair to the front she just looks at me and says "why are you so nervous? Are you nervous about your chair?" i just froze this is like one of my biggest fears ever and to make it worse when the guy brings my chair up the girls like "oh good you found her chair, she's really nervous about her chair, she's like shaking blah blah blah"

i just couldn't believe someone would ever actually attack me like that. i was so humiliated as soon as i got in my car i just started crying. fear of rejection is one of my biggest problems. why would someone be so rude?
tree1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

They probably just didn't understand and were trying to make sense of the situation. No need to take it personally.
euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow, what a *****. I really don't understand why some people think they have the right to treat others like that.

She's just pissed off because her job sucks. :P
Cerrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately rude people are just a part of everyday life. We are extremely sensitive and for something that is nothing to others we have to accept that it effects us, observe how we feel in the moment and move on or be consumed by these thoughts.

For myself not taking things personally is something that i've really had to practice at, the first step is to seperate the irrational from the rational and view it in your mind without judging.
But what exactly is social anxiety? It’s the experience of apprehension or worry that arises from the possibility, either real or imagined, that one will be evaluated or judged in some manner by others.
screwjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow...it sounds as though she really went out of her way to make you feel worse or something. Maybe not, though.

Just keep in mind, people usually seem to get what they give, so I'd imagine that at some point, she's going to be really rude to someone else, and they'll spit it right back at her, and hurt her feelings. It's a shame when anyone's feelings get hurt, of course...but some people are almost asking for it when they act a certain way. In this woman's case, she's probably going to have her attitude handed straight back to her.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thats messed up, and yes, it is extremely rude. I'm not too surprised though, as I've been treated like that several times when it comes to my anxiety. Overconfident, blunt people annoy me more than anything else in the world...
SoloSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

i had a similer thing that happened once i was coming back from my break in work an this girl just turned round and said your very antisocial u never talk 2 anybody i felt like i was gonna die i just frozze on the spot an never said nothin i left the next day but these pepol without SA dont no ther doing any harm i think
ian8k2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Jeez that is freaking ridiculous. I'm so sorry. People are so ignorant. :/
Old 05-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

I really doubt she did that to make you feel uncomfortable. some people are just stupid.
rantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerrada View Post
Wow, what a *****. I really don't understand why some people think they have the right to treat others like that.

She's just pissed off because her job sucks. :P
You said it. Jeez. Punch the b in the face next time you see her and you're in a less anxious state. Heh maybe that's just me and my anger talking. But seriously, no need for that at all. I want to go fight her lol. Yeah, yeah, solves nothing blah blah. I bet it would make me happier. But this is about YOU not me so i'd say as someone else has already said, best not to let it get to you. It's HER problem.
IllusionOfHappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

You should make a complaint about her. wtf!? who says something like that? Something tragic could've just happened to you it's none of her business the *****. I work in retail and was thinking how rude the customers have been today I would never expect that treatment AS a customer... What a freak.
Delicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

dont worry about it. that rep probably just hasn't gotten laid in years
fallingdownonmyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

you should complain this to the manager
MobiusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm sorry that happened to you.

She was really rude and unprofessional. I think you should make a complaint.
Annie K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

I often wanna say to people "before you let the words come out of your mouth, how about letting them take a trip to your brain?"
Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

She is just another one of those stupid extroverts who opens their mouth before they think, and has nothing worthwhile to say. I don't put up with people who work in stores making comments about myself. There is no reason for it. If they are nice to me, I will return in kind. If they want to go the insulting route, they are digging their own grave.
BeachGaBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

I hate it when you get someone mean at customer service. I went to Best Buy to pick up the new Genesis boxset in November of last year, and the lady was like, "look over in the boxset section." I replied, "Yeah, I know, I looked and it's not there." I asked her to pull up the order on her computer, and she was really nasty about it (but did it.) I ended up having to go somewhere else, because she told me (again, in a nasty tone of voice) that none of the Best Buy stores had ordered it.
"Now, typically I wear pajamas, but I recently adopted a hobo lifestyle and pajamas are the sleep-pants of the Man. I'll have you know, Mahatma Gandhi wore no pants and a nation rallied behind him!" - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory
DeeperUnderstanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Yes people are so rude. I'm convinced that even if I didn't have SA I'd be a total misanthrope.
OhNoTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAboutToEXPLODE View Post
I often wanna say to people "before you let the words come out of your mouth, how about letting them take a trip to your brain?"
Haha I like that.

It's funny and somewhat infuriating how so many people tend to put a spotlight on anything thats out of the ordinary. They just don't seem to understand that there are things people may find embarrassing or simply don't want to discuss. I don't like to eat at social gatherings due to anxiety and every time I turn down offered food there is always someone who makes a big deal out of it.
StrangeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

wow. that sucks..that lady...oooh that would piss me off. not that i would do this but i'd honestly think about waiting until she got off and then follow her home. let the air out of her tires or throw plant killer all over her yard or something. i do believe in karma though so something will bite her in the *** for that.
inthecave is offline   Reply With Quote