Should I delete my crush from facebook - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Holy Cannnoli

Should I delete my crush from facebook

Okay, my crush makes me feel very insecure. I feel like I can't do anything without him judging me. Plus he hates me. Funny story. I rejected him because he hurt my friend's feelings and it really seemed that my crush liked me. I added him on facebook and apologized to him. He accepted my friend request but he won't forgive me. Why would he accept my friend request and not forgive me? That just confused me. Well anyways, since I know that he hates me and he probably is not going to forgive me, should I just delete him? Or will that only make me look like an immature person. I feel like if I delete him, I would move on from him and forget about him, but I kind of still like him. I don't know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
SAS Member

Yes.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Losing Hope was Freedom

Out of sight, out of mind.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Send The Pain Below

I think you should
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Permanently Shunned

Yep, just hit delete and don't look back or you can just place him in your FB restricted group. That's where I keep all my family members

PEANUTBUTTERJELLYTIME!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where he at? Where he at? Where he at?

█ No, seriously where he at? I'm hungry. █

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:16 PM
bye

I say delete him, especially if you think it would help you. From what you told us, he sounds like the immature one.

"There is no “both sides” of an issue when one side is dehumanization and the other side is survival."
Putting this out here:

1-877-565-8860

The Trans Lifeline, a crisis hotline created specifically for transgender people run by transgender volunteers.

The Trans Housing Network is a nationwide organization that allows inquiries for trans-inclusive housing, and for people to post that they have a safe space for transgender individuals.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:28 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma M View Post
I feel like if I delete him, I would move on from him and forget about him
From what you write, this doesn't sound like such a bad thing

Everyone suffers...
Give the other person the benefit of the doubt...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma M View Post
Okay, my crush makes me feel very insecure. I feel like I can't do anything without him judging me. Plus he hates me. Funny story. I rejected him because he hurt my friend's feelings and it really seemed that my crush liked me. I added him on facebook and apologized to him. He accepted my friend request but he won't forgive me. Why would he accept my friend request and not forgive me? That just confused me.
This sounds really ****ing familiar. These people string you along by acting like they love you and they always twist things around so it's your fault and never, ever even slightly theirs. The fact that he re-added you just to berate you is just so typical.

Quote:
Well anyways, since I know that he hates me and he probably is not going to forgive me, should I just delete him? Or will that only make me look like an immature person.
Detaching yourself from a narcissistic sociopath takes a lot of maturity. If you're even asking these questions you're tougher than I was when I suffered first contact.

Quote:
I feel like if I delete him, I would move on from him and forget about him, but I kind of still like him. I don't know what to do.
Do it. Don't think, just do it.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
SAS Member

Why would you even think about keeping him? Delete him without a second thought. It sounds like he's been an *** to you and you have every right to delete him. He's never forgiven you. So, you should not talk to him anymore.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Mackinac Island Fanatic

I would delete him. Just seems way too awkward to me to have somebody on your friends list when he won't even forgive you. :/

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island

I'm a go-getter! I go and get it. Then I bring it back!

"Don't overthink the metaphor, Cartwright!"
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 AM
SAS Member

Ask yourself if you'd feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with him reading it. If the answer's now (I can guess that it is) then I'd delete him.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
SAS member

Yes
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Holy Cannnoli

So I did decide to delete and block my crush on facebook. I want to move on from him and to break free which I did. It was also stupid that I had him as one of my friends when he actually won't forgive me so screw that you know. I'm not going to have him on there. I actually deactivated my facebook and I don't want to get it back. There's no point in having one anyway.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Holy Cannnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineSupremacist View Post
This sounds really ****ing familiar. These people string you along by acting like they love you and they always twist things around so it's your fault and never, ever even slightly theirs. The fact that he re-added you just to berate you is just so typical.

Detaching yourself from a narcissistic sociopath takes a lot of maturity. If you're even asking these questions you're tougher than I was when I suffered first contact.

Do it. Don't think, just do it.
So I did end up doing it and I feel so much better now. Not only did I delete him, but I blocked him as well. It was stupid for me to have him on my friend list and why would I want to keep him there you know? So I deleted him.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 12:34 PM

Sounds like you did the right thing, good job.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Holy Cannnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borophyll View Post
Sounds like you did the right thing, good job.
Thankyou.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page