Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   regret having friends... (http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/regret-having-friends-475522/)

kissleo9080 06-12-2013 09:10 PM

regret having friends...

anyone ever regret having friends? you ever wish no one knew you and everyone just ignores you? you like being a loner and having no one talk to you at all? i got friends they're all nice cool people but sometimes i just dont want to talk to them anymore...i just wish they leave me all alone for good and just go talk to other people than me but in my heart i cant tell them to **** off and leave me alone to me it's too cruel to tell them that and so i have to put so much energy into socializing to protect myself from sometimes the loneliness and them hating me and treating me like im some sort of freak or a hateful *******. the energy of socializing drains me a lot like it makes me age quicker i feel like im dying... anymore ever felt like me or have had anything similar to me...

H8PPLNDGS 06-12-2013 09:59 PM

:yes

Yes but for a different reason they feel superior to me - each and everyone of them in some way.

Also you are definitely not the only one, especially those who feel superior to others and would like to be left alone at times.

Socializing can be a ****en drain. At first it can be alright depending on the circumstances but after awhile ... gah!

I used to be somewhat ok at this but because people can get so negative towards me after awhile, the sweet pretense wears thin, and it's either they want me away or that I hate the way they make me feel so inferior.

Sometimes there is no harm in taking time away for yourself.

NJada 06-12-2013 10:24 PM

I am constantly amazed by just how specifically peoples' stories here relate to mine, but this is exactly what I'm going through right now. At least, it is as far as your description goes; I'm sure our situations are unique from each other still.

I went a few years without having close friends, then almost a year ago I met a really nice group of people. They "took me in," so to speak, and for a while I was so happy. I still should be just as happy, and I really should appreciate the fact that I have them as friends. I told them many times how much I appreciate them and how they helped me to start working back to being somewhat social.

But for whatever reason, a few weeks ago, I really started to feel like my best friend of this group was treating me like an idiot. I felt like she thought she needed to "parent" me or something, always telling me, "It's okay. Don't worry about it," when I knew everything was okay, or just unnecessarily pointing out little flaws and mistakes too often. That added to what you mentioned, how socializing is so draining. I haven't talked to them in a couple weeks and they're starting to think I don't want to talk to them. In a way, I don't, because I don't want to interact with anyone, but it's not like I want them to leave forever. I know they still like me just as much, so logically I should be trying harder. I wish I would go back to feeling like hanging out with them, but right now I really just want to be alone for a long time.

InfiniteBlaze 06-12-2013 10:27 PM

You sound very introverted. Fortunately I don't see my friends all the time, or else I'd feel drained just like you.

pineapplebun 06-12-2013 10:55 PM

I wouldn't say I regret having friends but I can definitely identify with the overwhelming feeling of being drained from socializing constantly. In a work environment, I can easily talk to many people because it's on a very superficial level. But with friends who I actually care about, and therefore actively listen to and engage in meaningful conversations, I definitely need time alone to recharge my batteries. I have both extroverted and introverted tendencies, so sometimes I really thrive on socializing but there are times I really just want to be left alone to do my own thing. I suppose this is a reason why I don't particularly mind having a small circle of friends, because I've been overwhelmed with having larger circle of friends since more people usually = more commitments.

tehuti88 06-13-2013 05:02 PM

I want friends, but I too get terribly drained from interacting with them (even though it's only online--I have none IRL), even though I want to interact. It makes me come across as ignoring and ungrateful when I'm really not, I'm just really really introverted and anxious plus have some health issues. :sigh People need to be REALLY patient to put up with me, and most people just aren't that patient. (And I really can't blame them.)

fire mage64 06-13-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissleo9080 (Post 1064446994)
anyone ever regret having friends?

Its important to have critical judgment before choosing friends. I'm sure there are people out their who are friend material (even if its hard to find them).