X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 04-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Parents keep nagging me about jobs

I graduated college almost a year ago & my parents literally continue to pester me about finding a secure full time job. Trust me, I've been trying to find a stable legit job. I even went in depressed mode when I was just working part time feeling as though all my job applications were being tossed into a dark abyss. Luckily I was able to find a full time job...for now. I am working in an office filling in for someone who is on a leave of absence. Whenever this person comes back I could be out of a job but its good job experience & the first break I caught.

I am still applying for career jobs like crazy hoping to catch a break & get called for an interview but my parents keep pestering me about federal jobs. My dad works a federal job so he's pushing me to do the same. They send me all the job postings they find -some I can't even apply for because I am not a current federal employee. It bugs me. Yes I get you want you child to find a good job, become financially stable & move out of home again but its not as easy as they think with this current economy. I think they think I'm just being lazy & not trying...when in reality I AM trying its just catching a break is the hardest part. Its getting to the point where I easily get annoyed & feel as if they are pushing their job desires onto me. I even get into arguements with them about it & it causes a lot of tension between us. Today I told my mom to actually read the job posts she is sending me because if she did she would realize that I can't even apply to them since I am not a current employee for the company. I told her that she is sending me useless information. She got all huffy puffy & said that they are trying to help me & said they want me to find a good job so I can move out because they are tired of my attitude towards them. I get both sides. I'm not trying to be ungrateful but seriously? Panicking & not being able to catch a break in the work world is already hard on me as it is. Its not like its my choice to not have a stable job & to be 20+ living at home with my parents. If I had it my way I'd have a secure job & be financially stable enough to live on my own. I just wish they would stop forcing all these job positions on me, especially when they are jobs I don't realistically see myself doing or in a place I couldn't see myself living. I mean I understand they are trying to help me but there is a fine line between giving advice & forcing.

Ugh, I don't know what do you think about this situation?
Tiger20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...ol-you-179029/
Charlie: Oh, right. You don't know 'Charlie Work'. Well, 'Charlie Work' is like basement stuff, cleaning urinals, blood stuff, your basic slimes, your sludges, anything dead or decaying, I'm on it, I'm dealing with it.
Therapist: And you dislike it?
Charlie: Oh, no. I love it. I love the dark. I love slippery things. I love being naked... in the sewer. Bleach smells good, it tastes good...
ManOfFewWords is offline   Reply With Quote