X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 10-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Losing Faith in Humanity

Maybe I'm just becoming a bitter person but I'm starting to completely hate all humanity. See I'm a firm believer in Karma...well..I WAS a firm believer in it. See I do nothing but be nice to people and treat them with respect and yet I either get nothing or I get **** on in return. Why does that happen? Why does the universe punish me for being nice to people? There's nothing strange about my appearance or how I talk. I don't even act that awkward anymore. So why do I get denied by every woman I'm attracted to and attacked by the arrogant?

My friends and coworkers all think I'm the "nice guy" which leads them to trying to take advantage of me most of the time. However, I know when to stand up for myself, and I'm perfectly capable of doing that. So I'm not their doormat. I'm just nice I'm not spineless. I'm just getting completely sick of people not returning the favor to me.

This girl I work with won't even talk to me right now and I honestly have no idea why. I've only been friendly to her and have never said anything bad about her and now she treats me like I don't exist out of nowhere. Why does she get to do that? Why does she get away with that? My coworker was talking me down at work the other day. I'm nothing but nice to him. So why does he get to talk me down and make me feel like crap when I would never do that to him? What is wrong with people? Should I treat humanity like the arrogant swine I see it as? I'd really hate to go down that path, but I'm also sick of having to grid and bare humanity everyday. Arggggghhhh...I'm just frustrated right now.
DAV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
dax

I get the same **** every day. Most people will spot weakness in an instant and use it to their advantage. And niceness is a weakness, whether you want to accept it or not.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
imt

This happens because the world we live in is so backwards and upside down. Whatever you want to call it, it is the reverse of what it ought to be. People often do this to me as well. But I know no other way. I believe in doing whatever I do to the highest degree. So I'm extremely nice. If I turn bitter, I'll be another killer on the loose. My last girlfriend cheated on me and broke it off saying that she cheated because I was "too nice."

*shrugs*

Look, people will be people. The greatest thing you can do is not feeling obligated to give love, but do it simply because you want to. It would make things much easier. Otherwise this grim reality will always bite you on the butt. Lower your expectations.
imt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

thats why i do alot of drugs =]
Fuzzehskittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzehskittlez View Post
It's not worth it to do drugs for this, though.
People can be cruel. The only things we can do is treat them with kindness anyway (with the knowledge that they're cr@p behind their back). Don't ever stoop to their level.
Be nice to the people around them, too .
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

This sounds real familiar. I am nice to people and bend over backwards for them and they don't appreciate it. As I get older I have less and less to do with people. At work I try to stay the heck away from people as much as I can.
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imt View Post

1.This happens because the world we live in is so backwards and upside down. Whatever you want to call it, it is the reverse of what it ought to be. People often do this to me as well. But I know no other way. I believe in doing whatever I do to the highest degree.

2. My last girlfriend cheated on me and broke it off saying that she cheated because I was "too nice."

2.My 1st GF cheated on my too. Basically for the same reason on top of my inexperience. On different occasions she told that she needed someone who was more assertive, who was more confident and that she should of dated someone who was "normal".

P.S. As anyone read the"Nice Guy Syndrome". I really suggest reading that book.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ya, that's about exactly what I feel/go through. I lost faith in humanity awhile ago.
Draztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Be nice because you want to; not because you have to. That also means that you shouldn't expect anything in return. If they don't want to be good human beings then that's on their conscious, and they'll have to live with that in the end. Just know that you're doing the right thing and that's all that matters.
shyvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
dax

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzehskittlez View Post
Yep.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brealair View Post

2.My 1st GF cheated on my too. Basically for the same reason on top of my inexperience. On different occasions she told that she needed someone who was more assertive, who was more confident and that she should of dated someone who was "normal".

P.S. As anyone read the"Nice Guy Syndrome". I really suggest reading that book.
Oh god. Flashbacks. Almost EVERY SINGLE relationship I have had has ended with the girl leaving me for not being "normal" enough. Or them losing patience. Or me dumping them because I see it coming. I give up on that dream.

Hmm...I didn't get cheated on because of it though. I got cheated on because some brain dead simpleton, with far more muscles than me(and better looking too) showed up and took my woman. Life lesson learned.

s/m
Old 10-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

People take advantage of niceness. I don't care so much anymore about pleasing people, I'm just myself. I do what I would normally do instead of what I figure they want me to do.
IllusionOfHappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default I've lost the faith in humanity

I think I'm giving up on trying to make friends and I'm also tired of the way people act at work. Things feel really hopeless at the moment. I feel your pain.
SadRosesAreBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
dax

Who said anything about losing faith, I lost mine years ago.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Just felt like this was appropriate to add to this thread. I texted the girl I like earlier, and basically asked her out. She was responding to me up until I asked her out. After that....no response. So of course my mind starts racing and I'm asking myself: What's wrong with me? Why doesn't she like me? Why does she keep doing this to me? Why do I keep trying to make things work with her? Why have I never had a girlfriend? I don't know how to answer any of these questions. Now I think I creeped her out because I sent her a follow up message that said it was no big deal if she couldn't hang out with me, and that it just gets boring around here. Now I feel like a desperate and creepy stalker or something. I think the only reason she did it to me was because I am too nice. I guess I need to say a big **** you to being nice. I guess then I'll find someone. I hate this world.
DAV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

"4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates"

im not a satanist but i like this statement.

if people would be nice to only nice people , this would actually encourage more people to become nice.
Were is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

It's too bad that you can't just make mean people actually see that they are mean. They always think that they did nothing wrong and justify everything that they did to you. I don't hate much but I can see myself hating people like them.

From my experience, people (in general) only care about one thing: themselves. They say they care about their friends but do they really? Do they really truly care? Would they give everything up for a friend?

Not much really sticks with me from church but this one quote always has since I was little: "there is no greater love than giving up one's life for one's friend". I don't want my friends to die for me but I want them to care about me. I don't think I can think of an example of any friends that would die for each other or do more than is comfortable for each other. Myself included.

Good God I'm one of them :
Old 10-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

grow thicker skin and don't lose faith in humanity... just because some people are *******s doesn't mean the rest of the world is made up of *******s too
JaiUnSoucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

You must not lose faith

There is good in them, they only need some one to show them the way
_AJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

^^ And don't lose faith in yourself.
Neptunus is offline   Reply With Quote