X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Living a Lonely Life

So i get up, wash my face, brush teeth eat something if i feel like it. Go on computer and sit and browse the internet watch some TV shows/ movies play some games. Go out for a walk alone or bike alone. Go out to town to get something to eat and look at shops, alone. Go to work, stand and do my job only responding to those who tell me what i need to do, purely work based conversation. Lunch break sit alone and eat lunch, look around see tables filled with people chatting together. Come home get online, decide to check facebook of course nobody posts anything to me.

Thanks life, what did i do to deserve such rejection.

I realise this post is full of self pity but ive had enough of being a loner.
gandalfthegrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Basically the same for me. But I go to school instead of work, and I never go out to town, way too many people there.
And I don't have facebook, cause it would probably make me feel even worse.

Yeah life sucks
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Same here......hate who Ive become.
STUKINHERE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi thanks for the reply its comforting in a way to know im not alone, i was brought up in a secluded village and nobody around, my parents would work while me and my brother stayed in the house (when i was younger) so we would entertain ourselves, but since me and my brother do not talk anymore its just me, i can drive but i cannot fit into society anymore so i have nowhere to go to. My stepbrother who lives away is in his mid thirtees and has no contact with the outside world apart from the internet, i fear i will become like him and so do my parents.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalfthegrey View Post
So i get up, wash my face, brush teeth eat something if i feel like it. Go on computer and sit and browse the internet watch some TV shows/ movies play some games. Go out for a walk alone or bike alone. Go out to town to get something to eat and look at shops, alone. Go to work, stand and do my job only responding to those who tell me what i need to do, purely work based conversation. Lunch break sit alone and eat lunch, look around see tables filled with people chatting together. Come home get online, decide to check facebook of course nobody posts anything to me.

my life is exactly the same, just without the work.
nemesis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

definetly not alone.
here is my life
mon-fri: school all morning, home, internet/tv all day
weekends: tv/internet all day

life does suck
neverends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

ME ****ing too
Vine_of_Sodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine_of_Sodom View Post
ME ****ing too

if only all of us SA users could get together maybe we would all become bestest freinds
Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Same here, except I go to work after waking up, and *then* waste my life on the Internet at night. I hate myself for the way I live.
QuackQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Your life is mirror image of my own.

I wish more "loners" like myself lived here in Regina. I'd hang out with all you people, and I wouldn't care if it were awkward. At least I'd have someone to hang out with and share my crazy thoughts with.

I'm not affectionate to strangers.
But, *hugs*
Old 04-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

This is my routine also
EnlightenedElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
if only all of us SA users could get together maybe we would all become bestest freinds
Hmmm... maybe we could start a commune in the Philippines! We could grow marijuana at competitive rates, treat our workers humanely, and help to boost the local economy.

OP, I can totally relate to what you're saying... for two years I would just go to work then head straight home, and maybe later go for a walk if I knew I wasn't going to see anyone I knew. I used to like going to the record shops but had to stop because the people who work there were starting to recognize me as a regular and I couldn't handle it when they tried to talk to me.

Our days sound the same, though-- a rigid routine... but I try to include some personal projects. It used to be a novel, then it was an album... and now I plan trips for my vacations.

I just pick a random country (or area) on the map and then learn as much as I can about it, figure out what I wanted to see and how long it would take to see it, and then book my flight. It would give me something to really look forward to... and somehow, when I'm traveling around, it's so much easier to interact with people-- I guess because everyone knows you're just passing through and there's not really any pressure to maintain friendships or whatever... also, I hate to say it, but when you're a tourist you've got the money and that means you have the power.

Anything can happen when you're travelling-- romance, adventure, spontaneity, anything... and the people you meet are usually up for it as well. The movement is what makes it good though.. more than the destination or whatever touristy or semi-touristy thing I've decided to do, the best part is almost always that moment when you're leaving and you don't know what's going to happen but you just know that it's going to be something.

Anyway, look into taking a trip-- that's my advice!
herb the dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb the dolphin View Post
Hmmm... maybe we could start a commune in the Philippines! We could grow marijuana at competitive rates, treat our workers humanely, and help to boost the local economy.
My DREAM has always been to live in a small secluded community. NOT A CULT!! Just a place in the north where we could have a big garden, be near a lake. Stock up for winter, and spend time playing games, sharing the cabin. In the morning have a nice fire, same with the evening. Maybe read stories every evening. Just relaxing, laid-back, and peaceful where you don't have to follow society norms or worry about what others think about you.

I don't think it will ever happen though. I've tried to get the ball rolling, but people don't want to commit. Need money too...
Old 04-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb the dolphin View Post

OP, I can totally relate to what you're saying... for two years I would just go to work then head straight home, and maybe later go for a walk if I knew I wasn't going to see anyone I knew. I used to like going to the record shops but had to stop because the people who work there were starting to recognize me as a regular and I couldn't handle it when they tried to talk to me.

Our days sound the same, though-- a rigid routine... but I try to include some personal projects. It used to be a novel, then it was an album... and now I plan trips for my vacations.

I just pick a random country (or area) on the map and then learn as much as I can about it, figure out what I wanted to see and how long it would take to see it, and then book my flight. It would give me something to really look forward to... and somehow, when I'm traveling around, it's so much easier to interact with people-- I guess because everyone knows you're just passing through and there's not really any pressure to maintain friendships or whatever... also, I hate to say it, but when you're a tourist you've got the money and that means you have the power.

Anything can happen when you're travelling-- romance, adventure, spontaneity, anything... and the people you meet are usually up for it as well. The movement is what makes it good though.. more than the destination or whatever touristy or semi-touristy thing I've decided to do, the best part is almost always that moment when you're leaving and you don't know what's going to happen but you just know that it's going to be something.

Anyway, look into taking a trip-- that's my advice!

My mum who is from Manila part owned a farm in philipinnes maybe you could start growing some sweet sweet marijuana on it export to UK and i can deal it out lol j/k
Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix87 View Post
I don't think it will ever happen though. I've tried to get the ball rolling, but people don't want to commit. Need money too...
I have a little money now... and I can save up as well. If we pool our money we can do it! It doesn't have to be a cult. We could set up a company that gets recent uni grads to come to the Philippines and help to train the local workers to be doctors, etc.

And we wouldn't deal the marijuana... we'd stay in the Philippines and bribe the local officials to look the other way. The rest of it (the hard part) wouldn't be our problem.
herb the dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

ive been the same as the initial post at times. Idoes anybody think people affected by sa would neccisarily be friends just because they have that in common?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
ive been the same as the initial post at times. Idoes anybody think people affected by sa would neccisarily be friends just because they have that in common?
Not if they never meet each other.
QuackQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

If i didn't have my parents or i didn't get on or talk to them then I would really be alone. But because I have them, I am not too alone. But I am alone as in having no reallife friends

A conversation with my sister on msn she told me once that she knows what it's like to feel alone, but she doesn't really because she has friends and a fiance and they are always coming to see her. So really she doesn't know what it's like
Georgina 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

i do have that kind of routine, like 80 % of my days
defoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

My life consists of going to classes and sitting there, without contact from the other students, then going home and either opening a book, turning on the computer and music, watching a DVD, or playing video games. Or sitting down and venting out my frustrations in a song (I'm a musician, and I play guitar and piano and write songs in my spare time.)

I don't work, so I don't even have a job to look forward to. Whenever I go out, I go out alone. I eat in restaurants alone, go to the store alone, visit the library alone. Even today, I have an ear infection, so I'm going to walk down to the doctor's this afternoon - alone.

I don't mind it, because I am an introvert and a solitary person. But I really do get lonely sometimes.