X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 08-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'm too weak

I feel like I am took weak. Physically, and mentally.

I'd love to stand up for myself, but I can't. I'm too weak. I don't have the mental capacity to think up of witty retorts to people when they make fun of me, and I don't have the muscle to physically beat them up when they mess with me. I don't even have the muscle to take my anger out on simple objects. I feel like I'm locked in a cell, and that cell is my body.

Everyone can pick on me because I'm took weak to do anything about it. I'm even too weak for any authority to take me seriously. In high school the teachers or the principal wouldn't do anything about my problems no matter how many times I asked. My mom totally ignored me when she was 5 feet away from me screaming at her while a dude held me by my collar.

I'm too weak to even try to get stronger. No matter how much I try, no matter what I do, I can't get any stronger than the people around me. They're too strong to catch up to their level. There's nothing I can do. I know that for a fact. There's no helping me.

Man, life sucks. I just want to break this Xbox controller on my desk. Oh wait, I can't. I'm too weak.
Shockjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Start working out and join a street gang.
SomebodyWakeME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyWakeME View Post
Start working out and join a street gang.
The working out thing is impossible for me. I addressed that already.

Street gang? No thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Man! Man!

You are weak because you think you are. I though just like you. Then I though, hell, I need to do something about it. So I started working out. I started with stupid 1kg dumbbells and I put in my mind that I wouldn't care about what other people think. The people at the gym will either be friendly with you or won't even bother talking to you 'cause they're too busy training. So just go man. I am going up with the weights, eating healthier, and applying better technique at the exercises that make me feel great when I accomplish something that may seem stupid. Your mental strength will start getting better too. You will realize that hard work pays, and if you can get physically strong, you can get mentally strong!

EDIT: You said something about getting stronger than the people around you. Please stop with this mentality. Think always about getting better and stronger than YOU. Trying to get stronger and better than other people don't give you happiness and maybe will bring you great frustration if you can't get better. So just focus on improving yourself.
Username02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockjaw View Post
The working out thing is impossible for me. I addressed that already.

Street gang? No thanks.
You didn't give any reasons why it's impossible. You really just suggested that you don't get the results you want. Newsflash, most people don't. People have to work really hard to meet those kind of goals. It's your lack of motivation, not that it's not impossible.
You're not gonna gain any confidence by placing x box either i wouldn't imagine.
SomebodyWakeME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskibas View Post
Man! Man!

You are weak because you think you are. I though just like you. Then I though, hell, I need to do something about it. So I started working out. I started with stupid 1kg dumbbells and I put in my mind that I wouldn't care about what other people think. The people at the gym will either be friendly with you or won't even bother talking to you 'cause they're too busy training. So just go man. I am going up with the weights, eating healthier, and applying better technique at the exercises that make me feel great when I accomplish something that may seem stupid. Your mental strength will start getting better too. You will realize that hard work pays, and if you can get physically strong, you can get mentally strong!
It's not just thinking. Maybe my mental strength is caused by that, by my physical strength shows itself. It has nothing to do with thoughts. It's just me. That's how life is. It's not any thought that brought this about. It's the fact that I'm weak that brought the thoughts in the first place. Not the other way around.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ugh seriously. You've had a lot of bad experiences in the past. They made you think like this over the time. You are physically weak because you are physically weak. You are mentally weak because you are mentally weak. I get that. But your thoughts are blocking the ways to get better. Everybody starts somewhere. If you feel mentally weak you need to work on really tiny things to get better, same with physical strength. Why you can't work out? Money? Or just willpower?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskibas View Post
Ugh seriously. You've had a lot of bad experiences in the past. They made you think like this over the time. You are physically weak because you are physically weak. You are mentally weak because you are mentally weak. I get that. But your thoughts are blocking the ways to get better. Everybody starts somewhere. If you feel mentally weak you need to work on really tiny things to get better, same with physical strength. Why you can't work out? Money? Or just willpower?
Not only do I not know how to do it on my own, but when I have done exercises during gym classes at school, I was too weak to even try them. Like I would try and fail because I'm simply too weak.

Because of that, I have no will power. I also have no will power because no matter how hard I try, everyone is getting stronger every day, so there's no reason to try. No matter what I do, everyone will always be stronger than me.

You guys seem to get frustrated when I'm venting. I'm sorry. >.>
Old 08-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

well its all you man, YOU have to make yourself work out. We can only "show you the door but you have to walk through it". Do you want to be weak your entire life or are you going to do something about it?

As people pointed out, join a gym. Buy some wheat protein. Set up a consistent high-calorie healthy diet. And start working out 3 or so times a week doing weights. 2 days doing cardio.

This is what I did 6 months ago. I used to be weakest/wimpiest/skinniest looking guy around. Not anymore. Gained 30 pounds of muscle. My shirts no longer fit.

If you need some advice on workouts watch youtube vids/read articles. But it takes alot of work and persistence!

Now I wish I could fix my SA just as easy..
ICat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

you can gain muscles, you think you know what it feels like to have muscles you don't, you gain extreme confidence, you feel like a 'man', girls find it sexy, you feel strong! please listen to me, im going to assume you have social anxiety and don't like oging to the gym around people go on craigslist.org you can find someone selling a bench press probably $200 with weights if you search around and are patient and put it in your room or backyard the bench press set.

do yourself a favor save money for a bench press set, you will gain muscles in a little as 3 weeks not even a month and feel great about yourself. its super easy to gain muscles all you do is 10 reps(lift ten times), of 4 sets, rest just minute or two then do 10 reps again just do 4 sets and you wil lget mad results.

To gain muscles you need to eat PROTEIN after you do your sets, eat healthy protein like chicken breast, whey protein with skim milk or water, egg whites, tuna etc, eat healthy carbs before work out for energy brown rice, whole wheat bread. good luck hope you take my advice

go on youtube you can find anything you have questions on

btw i just read your post about being weak:

i was extremely weak too, i was very embarrassed thats why i got stronger each day at home, i started extremely low with just the bar which is only 40 or 50 pounds then your muscles rip and tear and then new muscle fibers you get are stronger each time and now i can bench 200 pounds only took 4 months. you are exactly the same
linxy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Fine. I'll "try." But I promise, no matter how much hard work I put into it, it won't work. No, I'm not gonna fake trying. I'm gonna actually try. But just like everything else I try at, it's not gonna do anything when I actually try.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linxy5 View Post
To gain muscles you need to eat PROTEIN after you do your sets, eat healthy protein like chicken breast, whey protein with skim milk or water, egg whites, tuna etc, eat healthy carbs before work out for energy brown rice, whole wheat bread. good luck hope you take my advice
literally dude the diet is as important as workouts themselves. I can't stress that enough. If you'r not eating 2k-3k calories daily (depending on your body weight) you are not going to gain muscle any time soon! No matter how hard you work out.
ICat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Here man start working out read some about it here:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/

Read about routines. I'd recommend you to use the 3 days a week for beginners. Eat healthy, get enough sleep, not more than you need, not less than you need. Also, don't mind the pain the first few weeks, please. Just keep going. You need to define what is your body type, then get your height and weight, determine how much you need to eat... this kind of stuff just search at this site and ask for the teacher at the gym. And most important of all remember: its not the pounds that matter. It's your will and technique. So get the max you can, no more than that, and make the right movements. Don't get down man, you won't regret later.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICat View Post
This is what I did 6 months ago. I used to be weakest/wimpiest/skinniest looking guy around. Not anymore. Gained 30 pounds of muscle. My shirts no longer fit.
You gained 30 pounds of muscle in 6 months?
1 year would sound reasonable with newbie gains but 6 months???

I don't believe you...unless you are juicing of course.
Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

This likely won't count for much (I'm pretty physically weak, myself), but judging by your writing in your posts here, you have some intellectual strength, at least.

There are different kinds of strengths. If you can't beat them, outsmart them. (And that doesn't necessarily mean thinking up witty retorts to people who are being jacka**es, because all those morons are looking for is a reaction from you, anyway. Sometimes the best comeback is none at all. Disappoint them.)

Strength isn't just about muscles. Look at something, anything, you're good at, and try to get stronger at THAT. It's a start.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island

I'm a go-getter! I go and get it. Then I bring it back!

"Don't overthink the metaphor, Cartwright!"
tehuti88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
This likely won't count for much (I'm pretty physically weak, myself), but judging by your writing in your posts here, you have some intellectual strength, at least.

There are different kinds of strengths. If you can't beat them, outsmart them. (And that doesn't necessarily mean thinking up witty retorts to people who are being jacka**es, because all those morons are looking for is a reaction from you, anyway. Sometimes the best comeback is none at all. Disappoint them.)

Strength isn't just about muscles. Look at something, anything, you're good at, and try to get stronger at THAT. It's a start.
I'm sorry to let you know but I'm not good at anything. I was gonna create a thread on that topic specifically some other day, but yeah, not good at anything.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Not only do I not know how to do it on my own, but when I have done exercises during gym classes at school, I was too weak to even try them. Like I would try and fail because I'm simply too weak.

Because of that, I have no will power. I also have no will power because no matter how hard I try, everyone is getting stronger every day, so there's no reason to try. No matter what I do, everyone will always be stronger than me.

You guys seem to get frustrated when I'm venting. I'm sorry. >.>
You shouldn't care if you frustrate people here. It's a safe place to frustrate people.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself, self pity is a vice. Be culpable for yourself, pick yourself up and move on.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sorry to let you know but I'm not good at anything. I was gonna create a thread on that topic specifically some other day, but yeah, not good at anything.
Hate to let you down but your spelling and grammar so far are better than many others' I've come across online.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island

I'm a go-getter! I go and get it. Then I bring it back!

"Don't overthink the metaphor, Cartwright!"
tehuti88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
You gained 30 pounds of muscle in 6 months?
1 year would sound reasonable with newbie gains but 6 months???

I don't believe you...unless you are juicing of course.
I've be consistently gaining 3 pounds+ every 2 weeks.

No I am NOT juicing. I work out with a personal trainer however. 3 days a week - weightlifting. 2days - cardio. I have a diet of 3000ish calories a day (thats 4-6 meals a day depending on schedule).
Mind also I was very skinny and underweight when I started. I went from 150lb to 180 in under 6 months. I have no reason to lie to you. I am not advertising anything, and bragging under anonymous profile is pointless.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

How is working out impossible for you? I used to be really scrawny and weak, but just after about a year of weight lifting I gained about 40 pounds of muscle. It helps to work out when your angry or anxious because you can go a lot harder.
RelinquishedHell is offline   Reply With Quote