X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 01-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'm so BORED all the time

One of the things I struggle with every day is this massive feeling of boredom and carelessness I feel throughout the day. I don't know if it's due to bad sleep, depression, or what, but I just can't help feeling so ****ing bored all the time. Even activities where I'd normally try to engage in...practicing guitar, playing video games, etc...I can hardly do for more than 15-20 minutes at a time anymore. Anyone else have boredom issues?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Depression causes boredness. It makes you think no activity is worth doing/continuing/finishing. Bad sleep will make you less efficient at doing things, which could increase existing depression.
Definitely get more sleep, it will help.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagz View Post
If you have no reason not to then just smoke weed. It'll make everything fun again, and it's completely non addictive.
smoking weed isn't the answer. and it doesn't make everything fun again to all people. In fact it can make you even more depressed than what you already are.

I agree with WTFnoooo.
I have been struggling with sleep, and then when I do end up sleeping I sleep way too much, which makes me feel worse. So too little sleep or too much sleep..perhaps a start is to try to get some regular sleeping habits (need to listen to my own advice)....maybe some type of exercise that you can do...you don't need a gym membership, there are lots of options (hit me up if you want any ideas). We have to make an effort if we want change. Exercise releases endorphins which make you feel better, first step is always the hardest.
greenfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
One of the things I struggle with every day is this massive feeling of boredom and carelessness I feel throughout the day. I don't know if it's due to bad sleep, depression, or what, but I just can't help feeling so ****ing bored all the time. Even activities where I'd normally try to engage in...practicing guitar, playing video games, etc...I can hardly do for more than 15-20 minutes at a time anymore. Anyone else have boredom issues?
I feel the same all the time. I sleep for 10 hours though. Atleast you do these activities, or atleast you start, I do nothing. I just don't feel like doing anything.
deadwarrior666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

oh. hell. yes. I could win the lotto and probably be like yahhhh... then want to go watch tv or something.
FitchForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

I get bored of things very easily. Sometimes i'll start playing a song i really like or havent heard in a while and turn it off 30 seconds in because im already fed up with it. Sometimes my friend will ask to hang out and want to do something and i'll say No because what he wants to do doesnt interest me, when really i should just go because i dont do **** all sitting at home anyways.
FatLoser88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

yeah, I also feel tired all the time while I have not done anything at all
skygazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
Same here. I am unemployed and cannot even get an interview anymore. Feel like I am just wasting my life away.
Nick9075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Masturbate?
Starch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

I keep putting things off, and it's not out of boredom. In fact, I rarely get bored, but I still postpone everything to the last minute. Just thinking about having to do something/deadlines makes me anxious and I worry all day. Could this be performance anxiety or something?
gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohan View Post
I keep putting things off, and it's not out of boredom. In fact, I rarely get bored, but I still postpone everything to the last minute. Just thinking about having to do something/deadlines makes me anxious and I worry all day. Could this be performance anxiety or something?
Hmm. Not sure if it's performance anxiety, but I definately can relate to this. I know when I have a bunch of deadlines and stuff do, I get really stressed out, and then I can't do anything at all. I know I need to, but all the stress makes me just not do it, no matter how hard I try. I can't focus on it, I get so angry at it. I think mine is from burn out. I used to work so hard in highschool, until I was always mentally exhausted, and doing that makes it even more impossible to do things in college.

I hate the feeling of constant boredom all the time. It always feels like there is nothing to do. I play guitar, I read the bible, I sing, draw, write... and I feel constantly bored. And sometimes I feel so bored and empty, it feels so painful. Like what's the point of this freakin' life, anyway? However, I must admit that exercise helps a TON. It is so hard at first, but once you get used to it, it wakes up you, helps you to feel really alive, takes away stress and pain. The endorphins make you feel really good. That's one of the few things that actually makes me feel better.
Jennifer Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

YES!!! I'm told I am showing symptoms of depression, but I am not really sad. I am horribly bored, although there are many interesting things out in the world for me to embrace. A few days ago, I simply slept ALL DAY because I had no idea what to do and didn't want to deal with the boredom. Puh! I know it's my own fault, and I just need to kick myself in the butt and get out there and do stuff, but for some reason I've been lazy.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Clayton View Post
However, I must admit that exercise helps a TON. It is so hard at first, but once you get used to it, it wakes up you, helps you to feel really alive, takes away stress and pain. The endorphins make you feel really good. That's one of the few things that actually makes me feel better.
Yeah I feel better when I'm walking every day. Good point!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

yep. i am extremely bored all the time. my attention span is no longer than 30 mins, nothing really holds my interest for long anymore.
Yella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starch View Post
Masturbate?

FatLoser88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Masturbate?
Valid suggestion is valid, haha.

Yeah, depression will make you bored. When you're depressed you tend to dislike what you would normally find fun or entertaining. I don't have anything else to add here, I just wanted to quote the masturbation post because I'm immature.
IllusionOfHappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Masturbate?
I do. It's only temporary relief
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

I am so bored I am bored of masturbating
spaceygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

I masturbate and smoke weed all the time and I cant stand it masturbating is more of a habit than anything and really doesn't do any good anymore same with weed i find myself smoking and smoking and smoking and I'm not even getting high anymore if it wasn't for having to go get food i would lay in bed and never do anything
Rogonag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

same I have nothing to do 24/7 from the moment I wake up, so i end up doing nothing. wasting years of life away because im becoming brain damaged from zero social interactions
DubnRun is offline   Reply With Quote