X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I wish I had a job.

That is all.

cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sick of my family thinking less of me and giving me **** because I don't have a job, all while I spend most of my time looking for jobs and applying and never once have I got a response from someone.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

You and I both mate.

I don't go to as much effort in applying for jobs now because the chance of getting one isn't very high
General Specific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

I also wish I had a job.
shanghaikate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ever get the sense that there are simply too many people in the world? There was a time when you didn't need a resume and references in order to bag groceries. Also, the whole concept of a job interview is stupid and terrifying. You're sitting there pretending to be a different person than you are, smiling and making eye contact, lying about how competent you are, and the interviewer knows it's all bull**** too but only subjects you to it because there's no other way to thin out the herd if they can't nitpick and over-analyze everything you say and do.

I had a terrible experience a few years ago where a horrible, horrible, miserable woman at a grocery store interrogated me and acted like I was applying for the secret service or something. Of course, I freaked out, avoided eye contact, and gave one word answers, so I guess I'm just not grocery-bagging material.
Morke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

me too...theres this chick my age who has two jobs (i'm in highschool) and like, i've applied several times and i even had a job (eh.....for like a week. but then i failed to come in) and after that i very nearly had a job but i was in summer school and couldn't miss a day to go to their orientation so they never got back to me.....and ugh. and i don't really know what to do because it feels like i'll never have a job and if i do get a job i will be taking someone's job and if i don't get a job people seem to think i'm irresponsible but honestly incase they haven't noticed there is somewhat of a shortage of jobs, not that that is an excuse...it really is not bad as it is made out to be but it is still difficult. more difficult for teens to get jobs than before. i hate this.
aBucketandaMop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
That is all.
There was one point I couldn't get a real job either. You should try companies that don't have a true interview process. I worked for inventory company where I just showed up and passed a easy math test it's called RGIS.

I think it maybe a good place to start as you usually do need to talk to anyone like in a customer service role.

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/su...4-listing.html
SilentOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Same here. Although someone just called me to arrange a job interview and I nearly freaked out over the phone because I wasn't prepared to get a call. I say I want a job and then I realize that having a job means confronting the SA, which really, really sucks.

There's just no winning, is there?
The destiny she's reaching for.

Marie Curie
firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

I havent had one ever before and I need to fix that. But even if I send out a million applications I never hear back or an interview...not even the fast food places
stranger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
That is all.
I wish I had a job too, it is very hard to find a job because so many people are looking for work and the competition is STIFF.
peach123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

jobs r boring totally buzzkills. why wanting a job instead u can have fun, live free, party all day n nite, live recklessly n ****? u kno ppl spend almost half of their lives while working, dont be one of those robots mate
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah. I never had a job and I've sent out a good amount of applications and even called to follow up on them and no luck. I don't even want to look for one anymore because there's like zero chance I'll get hired since I have no experience. It would have to be pure dumb luck. Come to think of it, I don't even want a job because I like not having one. The responsibility of having one and worrying about getting fired scares me. It would be good to have one though because I need money.
Freiheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sick of my family thinking less of me and giving me **** because I don't have a job, all while I spend most of my time looking for jobs and applying and never once have I got a response from someone.
Same here. Maybe they think I don't wanna work or something. That really bugs me.

I avoid making unnecessary purchases since I have no income and I'm only losing money. The only money I have coming in is on my birthday and Christmas and maybe some other occasions when my mom gives me money.

Lonely Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morke View Post
Ever get the sense that there are simply too many people in the world? There was a time when you didn't need a resume and references in order to bag groceries. Also, the whole concept of a job interview is stupid and terrifying. You're sitting there pretending to be a different person than you are, smiling and making eye contact, lying about how competent you are, and the interviewer knows it's all bull**** too but only subjects you to it because there's no other way to thin out the herd if they can't nitpick and over-analyze everything you say and do.

I had a terrible experience a few years ago where a horrible, horrible, miserable woman at a grocery store interrogated me and acted like I was applying for the secret service or something. Of course, I freaked out, avoided eye contact, and gave one word answers, so I guess I'm just not grocery-bagging material.
Amen to this. You speak the truth. It seems like you need a master's degree these days just to be competitive. Because of that, I"m going to college to get a degree in something I really don't give a **** about. It was like choosing the lesser of the evils. In the 1930s and 1940s, a man could earn an honest living assembling cars. Good pay and benefits, with no college degree required. Now machines do everything and jobs are being shipped overseas. I HATE competition when it comes to something as important as a job. A man wants to work to support himself in this country and he has to jump through about a million hoops to get there. Sad, sad times. I actually had a similar grocery store experience. I was called in for an interview and it was like I was being interviewed for a secret government agency. For God's sake, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to bag groceries. Just give me the damn job! Nope, apparently that McDonald's experience the other candidate had made him far more qualified for the position.
Chris3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socially Anxious View Post
The only money I have coming in is on my birthday and Christmas and maybe some other occasions when my mom gives me money.
Yeah same here man.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kon

I wish I never had to go back to my hell-hole job, because that is my anxiety.
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

I also wish I had a job, I need to have one before the end of March
skygazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #18 (permalink)

me too. i have one potential job coming up so i'm just waiting for the interview. i hope i get it. it apparently is an easy job which offers a lot of benefits.

if it doesn't work then i just have to keep on looking for one or i'll occupy myself in volunteering or education. i have to do something.
mysterioussoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

i need one too but instead im making my time with school and producing beats. Hopefully I will find one because i hear its important for uni/college. I also hear you need it when taking out student loans.
Searching4DesiRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #20 (permalink)

Job hunting is the hardest job of all. I hate it.
The Boring One is offline   Reply With Quote