I wish I had a job. - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Reply
Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
cruisin's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 136



Default I wish I had a job.

That is all.
__________________
Hope is patiently waiting expectantly for the intangible to become reality.

cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
cruisin's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 136



Default

I'm sick of my family thinking less of me and giving me **** because I don't have a job, all while I spend most of my time looking for jobs and applying and never once have I got a response from someone.
__________________
Hope is patiently waiting expectantly for the intangible to become reality.

cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
General Specific's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,800



Default

You and I both mate.

I don't go to as much effort in applying for jobs now because the chance of getting one isn't very high
General Specific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 73



Default

I also wish I had a job.
shanghaikate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Morke's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 29
Posts: 117



Default

Ever get the sense that there are simply too many people in the world? There was a time when you didn't need a resume and references in order to bag groceries. Also, the whole concept of a job interview is stupid and terrifying. You're sitting there pretending to be a different person than you are, smiling and making eye contact, lying about how competent you are, and the interviewer knows it's all bull**** too but only subjects you to it because there's no other way to thin out the herd if they can't nitpick and over-analyze everything you say and do.

I had a terrible experience a few years ago where a horrible, horrible, miserable woman at a grocery store interrogated me and acted like I was applying for the secret service or something. Of course, I freaked out, avoided eye contact, and gave one word answers, so I guess I'm just not grocery-bagging material.
Morke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Status: Permanently Banned
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: somewhere.
Gender: Female
Posts: 401



Default

me too...theres this chick my age who has two jobs (i'm in highschool) and like, i've applied several times and i even had a job (eh.....for like a week. but then i failed to come in) and after that i very nearly had a job but i was in summer school and couldn't miss a day to go to their orientation so they never got back to me.....and ugh. and i don't really know what to do because it feels like i'll never have a job and if i do get a job i will be taking someone's job and if i don't get a job people seem to think i'm irresponsible but honestly incase they haven't noticed there is somewhat of a shortage of jobs, not that that is an excuse...it really is not bad as it is made out to be but it is still difficult. more difficult for teens to get jobs than before. i hate this.
aBucketandaMop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
SilentOutcast's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 364



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
That is all.
There was one point I couldn't get a real job either. You should try companies that don't have a true interview process. I worked for inventory company where I just showed up and passed a easy math test it's called RGIS.

I think it maybe a good place to start as you usually do need to talk to anyone like in a customer service role.

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/su...4-listing.html
SilentOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
firestar's Avatar
 
Status: Irreversibly Invisible
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Japan
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 1,544



Default

Same here. Although someone just called me to arrange a job interview and I nearly freaked out over the phone because I wasn't prepared to get a call. I say I want a job and then I realize that having a job means confronting the SA, which really, really sucks.

There's just no winning, is there?
__________________
It is the light she longs to find,
When she delights in learning more.
Her world is learning; it defines
The destiny she's reaching for.


Marie Curie
firestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
Status: Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 1,345



Default

I havent had one ever before and I need to fix that. But even if I send out a million applications I never hear back or an interview...not even the fast food places
stranger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,236



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
That is all.
I wish I had a job too, it is very hard to find a job because so many people are looking for work and the competition is STIFF.
peach123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
xenobiotic's Avatar
 
Status: wikkdtwistd
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: asylum
Posts: 69



Default

jobs r boring totally buzzkills. why wanting a job instead u can have fun, live free, party all day n nite, live recklessly n ****? u kno ppl spend almost half of their lives while working, dont be one of those robots mate
__________________
i can smell your burnin hair and rottin flesh
xenobiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Freiheit's Avatar
 
Status: o_O
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Age: 23
Posts: 5,700



Default

Yeah. I never had a job and I've sent out a good amount of applications and even called to follow up on them and no luck. I don't even want to look for one anymore because there's like zero chance I'll get hired since I have no experience. It would have to be pure dumb luck. Come to think of it, I don't even want a job because I like not having one. The responsibility of having one and worrying about getting fired scares me. It would be good to have one though because I need money.
Freiheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 637



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
I'm sick of my family thinking less of me and giving me **** because I don't have a job, all while I spend most of my time looking for jobs and applying and never once have I got a response from someone.
Same here. Maybe they think I don't wanna work or something. That really bugs me.

I avoid making unnecessary purchases since I have no income and I'm only losing money. The only money I have coming in is on my birthday and Christmas and maybe some other occasions when my mom gives me money.
__________________

Lonely Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Chris3322's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 311



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morke View Post
Ever get the sense that there are simply too many people in the world? There was a time when you didn't need a resume and references in order to bag groceries. Also, the whole concept of a job interview is stupid and terrifying. You're sitting there pretending to be a different person than you are, smiling and making eye contact, lying about how competent you are, and the interviewer knows it's all bull**** too but only subjects you to it because there's no other way to thin out the herd if they can't nitpick and over-analyze everything you say and do.

I had a terrible experience a few years ago where a horrible, horrible, miserable woman at a grocery store interrogated me and acted like I was applying for the secret service or something. Of course, I freaked out, avoided eye contact, and gave one word answers, so I guess I'm just not grocery-bagging material.
Amen to this. You speak the truth. It seems like you need a master's degree these days just to be competitive. Because of that, I"m going to college to get a degree in something I really don't give a **** about. It was like choosing the lesser of the evils. In the 1930s and 1940s, a man could earn an honest living assembling cars. Good pay and benefits, with no college degree required. Now machines do everything and jobs are being shipped overseas. I HATE competition when it comes to something as important as a job. A man wants to work to support himself in this country and he has to jump through about a million hoops to get there. Sad, sad times. I actually had a similar grocery store experience. I was called in for an interview and it was like I was being interviewed for a secret government agency. For God's sake, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to bag groceries. Just give me the damn job! Nope, apparently that McDonald's experience the other candidate had made him far more qualified for the position.
Chris3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
cruisin's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 136



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socially Anxious View Post
The only money I have coming in is on my birthday and Christmas and maybe some other occasions when my mom gives me money.
Yeah same here man.
__________________
Hope is patiently waiting expectantly for the intangible to become reality.

cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kon
 
Kon's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,811



Default

I wish I never had to go back to my hell-hole job, because that is my anxiety.
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
 
Status: User Requested Permanent Ban
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,918



Default

I also wish I had a job, I need to have one before the end of March
skygazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
mysterioussoul's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney, australia
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,950



Default

me too. i have one potential job coming up so i'm just waiting for the interview. i hope i get it. it apparently is an easy job which offers a lot of benefits.

if it doesn't work then i just have to keep on looking for one or i'll occupy myself in volunteering or education. i have to do something.
mysterioussoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
 
Searching4DesiRe's Avatar
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B.c, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 43



Default

i need one too but instead im making my time with school and producing beats. Hopefully I will find one because i hear its important for uni/college. I also hear you need it when taking out student loans.
Searching4DesiRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4



Default

Job hunting is the hardest job of all. I hate it.
The Boring One is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another job interview tomorrow! This time for the dreaded job as a.... SourD Coping With Social Anxiety 6 12-12-2013 01:51 PM
I'll be attempting to get a job through a job placement agency this month Silent Image Coping With Social Anxiety 0 01-01-2011 06:09 PM
How stressful is your job/getting a job for you because of SA? Want2Bconfident Coping With Social Anxiety 12 03-06-2010 10:25 PM
Searching for a job is a job in itself (rant) IllusionOfHappiness The Work Place 31 07-31-2008 08:54 AM
trouble getting jobs or switching from job to job? SAgirl Coping With Social Anxiety 5 09-09-2006 09:10 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.