Iím lost and I donít know what to do with my life anymore. - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Iím lost and I donít know what to do with my life anymore.

Anyone else feel this way?
mardy423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah, definitely. My life is an absolute mess and it's been that way a long time now. Don't know what else to do except keep on keepin' on.
Futures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yep. I should be graduating very soon but school and the job search are the furthest things from my mind. I don't think I can function in a work environment the way I am now. I'm mostly going through with it because a) it's something that I'm supposed to do, that I feel obligated to do and b) I don't know what else to do. Working only on my personal problems isn't feasible, though.
Saltine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardy423 View Post
Do you have any long term goals?

I often feel the same way, but we are moving forward with our lives and time isn't stopping for anyone.

Personally, my long term goal is to graduate with an associate or bachelor degree, 30k+ job, own a nice size house, maybe even a g/f or wife down the road. Problem is, I struggle almost daily with different things and feel like I'm getting off track.

If you don't have any long term goals, you should really think about them. Get some long term goals so you have something to aim for. Then work your way on getting there.

Creed-Six Feet From the Edge

I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking...
Maybe six feet ain't so far down...

http://www.anxiety-disorders.ws
Prakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm totally lost and I don't see a long term purpose, but I have goals set and a path to follow. But lately it feels like I'm riding in a bus rather than walking my own path, and that some day I'll just get off at the stop and realized I missed out on the journey. Having goals and a dream just isn't enough.
TheGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have so damn many problems that I don't even know where to begin in fixing this hellish mess that is my life. The task is just too massive and overwhelming.
UltraShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm lost too... I have no real goals. I'm sure my parents are getting annoyed with me not having a job yet at 19. I don't even have my id yet, don't plan on a drivers license... Mostly I just sit on a chair all day/watch movies and play games. Sometimes I do art at least I suppose... Not enough to turn into a job, but at least its productive sort of...

I wish I could just get a job without having to deal with resume and interview crap. @_@
airs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

I just take it day by day, and make small, reachable goals for myself and eventually I know I'll get to where I want to be.
quiet0lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet0lady View Post

I just take it day by day, and make small, reachable goals for myself and eventually I know I'll get to where I want to be.
I agree. I felt so lost when my marriage started heading south. Since then I take it one day at a time. I open up my heart and mind to receive positivity. SA might kick me in the gut really bad some days...where I just don't feel like living. But then I get up and try another day. If I hold on long enough and not give up, I get a bit of sunshine here and there and then it's all worth it.
sash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

I've felt lost for the past 5 years. Everything in my life is not right. Not like how I want everything. I just have all the wrong things and nothing is good or right.

I have no interest in this world. I refuse to get a drivers licence, because I'm afraid of driving(my parents have been in a few car accidentls and have really messed them up physically-I'm afraid to be in more pain then I am).

I just really want to be left alone and not have to worry about the world or having to work for money. I'm not the type of person who expects a lot for nothing, I'm just afraid.
SciFiGeek17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep
I've been this way for about a year and a half. I have no idea whatsoever what I want to do with my life. I wish I had some goals and knew what I wanted to do. When I think of myself in 5 or 10 years time I have not even the slightest clue at all of what I will be doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airs
I wish I could just get a job without having to deal with resume and interview crap. @_@
Me to sick of applying my *** off to tonnes of job positions and getting rejected.
neLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

I feel the same way alot. im 17 in high school and its my senior year. I'm stressing on going to prom and all this other senior stuff cause they will be lifelong memories and ill never get the second chance. But then im asking myself, whats the point? I haven't done much in high school so doing this stuff wouldn't make any difference. Itll just remind me of my struggle in school. I plan to go to college but im not expecting anything different either. I want to get a wife and kids but i don't know if thatll happen with the way things seem for me. I honestly can't see myself doing anything in the near future besides hiding and cancelling plans and missing out on life. I had goals but i like lost intrest in them including social activities and life itself. I don't know if ill ever change
David561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've been completely lost...actually stuck is a better word, since I graduated high school in '03. It's one of the worst feelings in the world.
ThrashtilDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, all the time.
anonymid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Me too^
She searched the city for anyone. I ran into her on a bus stop. And then she asked me for a light, and then I asked her, "Are you alright?" She said, "I think there's something wrong, I don't belong, I don't belong."
She lives in gardens, she lives alone. She runs through seasons on her own. And no one knows her or knows her name. And no one ever found out again.
CabecitaSilenciosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Same here..lost and not feeling much but for my own sorrow, I hate this feeling I cant think about what to talk about with people..kills me after thinking I was cured too lifes a *****.
Shadyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

I feel lost too. I have no direction.
Socially Anxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Did everyone here go to school cause I can't because of my anxiety how ****ed up is that
Ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

Pretty much every waking moment of my life. Even my dreams are poisoned with real life failures these days. Ugh...
CeilingStarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

My life right now has no meaning whatsoever. There is a wall called 'SA' hiding it from me.
centrino is offline   Reply With Quote