I hate EXTROVERTS... - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Permanently bored

People talk about extroverts on here like they're a different species or like they're mostly bad apart from the "kind ones", yet they complain about the rest of them being "obnoxious". If only they could hear themselves, they'd realise how obnoxious that sounds.

EDIT: and if only they actually knew the definition of intro/extroversion too LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Lurker

Cool

There are certain types of people I hate. I don't know how to say it, but I just hate the loud annoying people/giggling gossiping girls.
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Knock, Knock, Knockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Prunes View Post
Most people on here don't even know what extro/introversion actually mean. They have nothing to do with being loud and obnoxious or quiet and boring, it's more about whether you focus on the external or internal. Manifestations of this (like extroverts needing the stimulation of busy external stimuli and introverts needing more relaxation and introspection) lead to the negative stereotypes that extroverts are loud and introverts are quiet.

There are many people here that are clearly extroverted that don't even realise it because they assume that they must be loud and sociable to be extroverted. Personally I am loud and sociable, and I'm just held back by SA, but you can be extroverted without being that way.
well said.
post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:47 PM
SAS Member

I only hate extroverts that are *******s, I'm extroverted myself, well kind of and I'm a nice person so don't hate =].
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM
SAS Member

I don't know if these are "extroverts", but I dislike certain people who post to interrupt a thread and pick on ideas of introverts and SA people, taking potshots at particular SA people they want to target in a roundabout way calling them "entitled" or "childish". What does that make them, superior than thou? No it makes them radioactive suits filled with flatulent air.
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Loner outcast INFJ

My Mood: Sad
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneFox View Post
I'm kind of having a crappy day because of it. Everyday I deal with obnoxious f**ks that either think they're better than everyone else or the first to criticize what's on the outside. Why is being non-talkative looked down on as a bad thing to some, while being loud is is a good thing? I never understood why we as humans see things in a parallel perspective. Whan I first started this thread a lot of confusion flared up because of the lack of information started by this. I apologize for any inconvienience this has caused.
Whew! You're not alone in this! I hate extroverts too, especially those loud and b!tchy ones! A lot of people / students at my school are extroverts and they are very loud and annoying! I don't like those kind of people who makes lots of gossips, talks about nonsense stuff too much, people who laughs towards me for no reason, etc... I wish they don't act like that! They make this world worse and more stressful to me! :/

I will NEVER go back on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook anymore...

Everything is going backwards nowadays... I wish I could do something about it...
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Permanently Banned

Extroverts and normies in general ****ing suck.
Death to them all, I say.
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Pariah

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCod View Post
I'll add your name to the list of people who want me dead.

no one can tell you how to live your life, because no one has ever done it before
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

My Mood: Mellow
There is no reason to hate extroverts. There are good and bad extroverts like their are introverts. I think the us vs. them mentality is quite poisonous and limiting.

And what about those like Traunt who are extroverted with SA? Traunt is a good person and not someone I'd want to hate just because of her natural personality.

Quote:
Are you okay man? You never struck me as the kind to want death on people...but your posts today are worrying me. Message me if you need to talk or vent or something man.
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuszilla View Post
Are you okay man? You never struck me as the kind to want death on people...but your posts today are worrying me. Message me if you need to talk or vent or something man.
I've been having a ****tier week than usual and being bipolar and depressed isn't helping at all. Actually pissed off (which is very rare as I hardly feel any emotion, especially anger) by some things that have been going on. I'd write a blog entry (which is what I usually do to clear my head )but it would take like two hours to get everything off my mind this time and I'm sure it'd be so long that nobody would read 'em.

These episodes usually pass within a day. I guarantee you that tomorrow I'll be uppity and happy and my usual sarcastic and liberal, witty self.
post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

Quote:
I've been having a ****tier week than usual and being bipolar and depressed isn't helping at all. Actually pissed off (which is very rare as I hardly feel any emotion, especially anger) by some things that have been going on. I'd write a blog entry (which is what I usually do to clear my head )but it would take like two hours to get everything off my mind this time and I'm sure it'd be so long that nobody would read 'em.

These episodes usually pass within a day. I guarantee you that tomorrow I'll be uppity and happy and my usual sarcastic and liberal, witty self.
Alright man, take it easy. Again even if it takes hours and you need to get it out PM me I have time.

I understand, Monday was an awful day for me where I lost it so I know they happen.
post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Hypnotising chickens

My Mood: Doh
Full blown extroverts really piss me off. The best people are somewhere in the middle of the extrovert and introvert scale and share both traits. I wish I could be more like them but I'm a seriously introverted person.
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I'll add your name to the list of people who want me dead.
no offense but what are you doing here then?
post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Keyz View Post
Social anxiety disorder is a disorder. Extroverted people are not immune to it
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduin View Post
Full blown extroverts really piss me off. The best people are somewhere in the middle of the extrovert and introvert scale and share both traits. I wish I could be more like them but I'm a seriously introverted person.
Omniverts?
Interesting....I wouldn't mind being one. But I'm way too much of an introvert to really be even slightly extroverted.
post #76 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Geese

Location: The place where everything is trying to kill you (Australia)
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuszilla View Post
Social anxiety disorder is a disorder. Extroverted people are not immune to it
Mhmm, from my time here I've noticed there are a lot of extroverts trapped into very introverted lives due to their anxiety and I can understand SA being an extra level of frustration for these people since that inherent need for human contact is likely a lot higher.

I do wonder if more extroverted personalities suffer more from "environmental" SA, as in SA triggered moreso by specific situations as a result of past trauma as opposed to SA being more of a genetic trait.

Your 100% in anything, even if you're not the best at it, is a success.
post #77 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Pariah

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Keyz View Post
Because I have crippling SA in spite of my extroversion. I like people, but I get bad anxiety whenever they're around. I can't even talk to my parents without anxiety. There's literally no one I don't experience anxiety around. Which is why I'm a recluse. But I'd love very much to spend my time with people because I find them really interesting and even like helping them. SAS is the closest I can get to socializing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePea View Post
Mhmm, from my time here I've noticed there are a lot of extroverts trapped into very introverted lives due to their anxiety and I can understand SA being an extra level of frustration for these people since that inherent need for human contact is likely a lot higher.

I do wonder if more extroverted personalities suffer more from "environmental" SA, as in SA triggered moreso by specific situations as a result of past trauma as opposed to SA being more of a genetic trait.
I was fine until puberty hit and the bullying started. Several years of bad bullying did a good job making me afraid of people. But I also come from a family of people that suffer from SA: my granddad, my mother, my two older brothers all have SA, and my younger brother has GA, so I might have ended up with SA anyway.

no one can tell you how to live your life, because no one has ever done it before
post #78 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Because I have crippling SA in spite of my extroversion. I like people, but I get bad anxiety whenever they're around. I can't even talk to my parents without anxiety. There's literally no one I don't experience anxiety around. Which is why I'm a recluse. But I'd love very much to spend my time with people because I find them really interesting and even like helping them. SAS is the closest I can get to socializing.
oh. You're still not a normie then.
post #79 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Geese

Location: The place where everything is trying to kill you (Australia)
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
I was fine until puberty hit and the bullying started. Several years of bad bullying did a good job making me afraid of people. But I also come from a family of people that suffer from SA: my granddad, my mother, my two older brothers all have SA, and my younger brother has GA, so I might have ended up with SA anyway.
I think in cases like yours (and mine) it's as if SA lies dormant as we're genetically more susceptible to it and it just needs that trigger to set it into motion. I think depression plays a large role when it comes to the difficulty making progress against it too, they seem to feed off eachother.

Your 100% in anything, even if you're not the best at it, is a success.
post #80 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Inoffensive kitty pic

My Mood: Sneaky
Lack of empathy does nobody any favors. Even from 'non-normies' to 'normies'.

Empathy is good. It helps us all.

Follow me on twitter! I like interesting things and conversations - https://twitter.com/ademotivator

My political blog latest post! (about American gun culture!) - http://thedemotivator.com/anything-but-guns/

Soundcloud for my acoustic rock music - https://soundcloud.com/thedemotivator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page