X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 03-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I get sick of people very quickly

It is nothing new to me, but every time I meet someone cool, I am so excited. I think, wow, finally I've met someone cool. Within say...3-10 weeks, I will get extremely bored of them. I run out of things to talk about and it is just a struggle to talk to them. 9 times out of 10 I find them very annoying. This happens a lot, and it is the reason why I only talk to a few people on a daily basis. I don't know why this happens so often.

For example, I used to talk to this one girl everyday. I had a blast. I didn't even run out of things to talk about really, I just got so sick of her. I can't stand hearing her voice and hearing the things she talks about. She's just so boring. I am not sure why I couldn't see this in her before, it's like I was blind. So, I get myself all into these "friendships" that I just can't bare to be in. I don't know why I am so "intolerant" towards new people, it's very odd and it seems to happen to me all of the time.

Faded Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

There's few people we are all actually compatible with on many levels. Many people have something about them that is good and attractive initially and we hope there is more compatibility. When you meet people you could accept this beforehand and not think you are being "intolerant" at all but being a realist that they are probably nice people and a casual friend but not probably a good friend or love relationship. Keep looking because people are looking for someone like you too out there.
Sunshine009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

maybe because you are concernd with your own stuff it seems that everyone is talking shallow small talk.
or it is simply that at first everything is interessting and after a while not anymore
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes,i feel the same way many times.And that makes me feel like a bad person.And in cases were we simply talk about the same stuff over and over (cause we don't know what else to talk about),i try to avoid these people cause,i don't feel good around these people, and i feel like they feel sorry for me /or don't have who else to stay with.But,we can always blame it to SA! Easy labeling!
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

So, rhetorically speaking, it's not okay for anyone to be boring in your life? Are you demanding that others provide you with "excitemment, with meaning, with emotional stability"? Everyone's life is "boring", the exciting thing is that some people care enough to ask you about it and vice versa.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairleighCalm View Post
So, rhetorically speaking, it's not okay for anyone to be boring in your life? Are you demanding that others provide you with "excitemment, with meaning, with emotional stability"? Everyone's life is "boring", the exciting thing is that some people care enough to ask you about it and vice versa.
No, I was just saying I feel badly that I get sick of people and didn't know why.

Faded Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

It's the mystery of the person you find so alluring, not the person themselves. Lower your standards to actual human level and your perceptions just may change.
LostInReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
zta

I heard someone say that shy people are usually judgemental types. That's where their own shyness comes from. I kind of think it's true. I'm very judgemental of myself and more of myself than others. However, I'm probably watching/analyzing other people like I do myself but to a lesser degree. I don't know. I get very bored with people too. At my last job I was SOOO into this guy that worked there. I thought he was the most intriguing person I ever came across. NOW - looking back - I have no idea what I was thinking. I always do that too.
zta is offline   Reply With Quote