X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 09-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I forgot how to have fun..

Even when I was studying abroad, some moments where in between. I think i just lost how to do it..Just years of certain things have wore me down.

Plus, I hate looking at facebook pictures of other (even my self).
iwishiwasaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

What's funny is that I deactivated my FB account for that sole purpose. I can't stand reading statuses or browsing pictures of other peoples lives. I don't take pictures of myself anymore either. Kudos to you having studied abroad at some point.

But yes, the feeling of being stagnant for a couple of months has made me feel like I couldn't have fun if it grabbed me by the hand and started dancing with me. Baby steps for us?
I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships, I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself.
FireSoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

I dont know...I just find myself trying to have fun, and it not really working. I dont know what it is...I realized this when im around others the most. I saw this especially when i was abroad. Looking at pictures, I always looked so down.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Do you have depression?
Youandwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
What's funny is that I deactivated my FB account for that sole purpose. I can't stand reading statuses or browsing pictures of other peoples lives. I don't take pictures of myself anymore either. Kudos to you having studied abroad at some point.

But yes, the feeling of being stagnant for a couple of months has made me feel like I couldn't have fun if it grabbed me by the hand and started dancing with me. Baby steps for us?
I felt the same until I realized that I look like I'm having a blast in any pictures I post, even though I was probably pretty uncomfortable at the time. People aren't going to post pictures that make them look bad and antisocial, so I look at people's profiles with the same jaded outlook I view my own pictures with.

To the OP, same here. I had a great day on Sunday BBQing with friends, the first great day in a long time. I for once didn't stress, I laughed, and I didn't care about all the crap going on in my life, significant or otherwise. I had forgotten what that was like, to do some sort of social thing without having to worry constantly, without focusing on my faults and faux pas. Here's to hoping both of us have more days like that.
lonelyjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't think you forget. It's something that is still inside you, but is hidden by a layer of apathy and depression.

If you fill your mind with shame and doubt, your life will reflect that. Depression is such a complex beast. When you're in the pits of it, nothing seems worthwhile- everything is in a gray fog. Every step seems weighted with lead. There's an odd comfort in that feeling too. You just want to curl up into a fetal position and fade away.

Unfortunately the depression will not lift if you don't make strides to move forward. Recall a happy event and visualize it as clearly as possible. Get moving and go for a walk. Clear you mind. Meditate. Vent to someone.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

F is for friends who do stuff together

U is for you and me

N is for anywhere and anytime at all, down here in the deep blue sea

jlotz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Your immune system is probably run down some and medical tests don't always catch what's wrong as they catch disease not just a compromised immune system.. You aren't healthy enough. You need to feel very healthy and have lots of energy (from health habits that no one teaches anyone growing up, something you have to figure out yourself with exercise etc.) then you have a natural desire to do things that are fun either good or bad, or spirits come around you, some try to get you into trouble with their ideas....have to tell them no and send them away at that point. You are not your thoughts, but you are your beliefs and actions!
Sunshine009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youandwe View Post
Do you have depression?
Probably, I dont see doctors about this stuff. Probably should more though...

I talked about this in an older post, id rather not discuss it currently.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

For sure. It's 9:35 and I want to go to bed.

organicwildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlotz123 View Post
F is for friends who do stuff together

U is for you and me

N is for anywhere and anytime at all, down here in the deep blue sea

Ah hahahaha, positivity..... Rare kind indeed.

organicwildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm in the same boat. I think it is because of depression. Or maybe life as you get older just gets less fun.

- Bertrand Russell
Great. is offline   Reply With Quote