X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 07-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I feel very sad and confused...

Earlier i went on a car ride with my mom and my little brother and she asked me:"Hey,do you wanna walk or something?".I refused of course.She asks me very often if i wanna go somewhere to eat or go for a walk and stuff like that.I refuse all the time and i just can't explain to her the reason why i don't like going out.I mean what?Tell her that i don't want to because i'm embarrassed?I can't.In a couple of days i'll visit a psychologist.My mom asked me why i want to visit her and i told her:"Because i wanna see if there's something going on with me" and she said that i don't have anything,i'm just introvert.She doesn't know the truth though...
How should i tell her about social anxiety?I'm waiting to tell her after my first visit cause she'll find out anyways.
Shygirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe you could wait until after the visit, and then in the meantime figure out what you're going to say to her to explain why you didn't tell her earlier. You can even show her this post if you'd like.

This probably isn't the best solution, but it's just my suggestion. Good luck.

"This world will never be what I expected,
and if I don't belong, who would have guessed it?"
-Three Days Grace
Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

There's no reason why she has to know what goes on between you and your psychologist, if you'd rather keep it private. However since you seem to want your mother to understand your condition better than you should ask your psychologist to explain things to her.

Also, have you considered walking with your family somewhere quiet and secluded? Walking can be pleasurable and a great way to lessen stress and anxiety. While I understand that public walking can be scary there are always isolated spots where you could walk in comfort and you might even enjoy it.
Iamjohn is offline   Reply With Quote