X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 10-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I Feel Like I'm Very Stupid

When I hear a big word I've never heard of, fail a test, look over things that were completely obvious, etc., I can't help to think it. I look at people like biologists, engineers, archeologists (and even some people here), and can't help to think that my intellect is far inferior from theirs. This feeling is also one of the main reasons I quit college, aside from the SA.

Even when I was working years ago, I would **** up the most simplest of tasks to the point that they lowered my responsibility to basically taking out garbage and I was looked at as the office special person with very low competency.

I know deep down that I'm not stupid, but on the whole I think I am. I would really like to know how it feels to actually like myself and not feel like I'm dull minded/ugly/a waste of life and oxygen.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Not everyone can **** up things like walking, or opening a can, or sleeping. =] I consider it pure skill. (:

yeah i know whatcha mean, my best friend is like smart as heck and he's like getting a degree in engineering. My intelligence pales in comparison. But what's funny is we just enjoy different things. He enjoys that kind of thing while I'm more artsy/creative type. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with me it just means we go different directions on what excites us as far as education =]

“Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.” ― Cloud Atlas

“It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the thing you do with it. You are beautiful.” ― The Host

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” ― The Fault in Our Stars

zomgz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm a physicist, but I am jealous of people who do subjects like English and History because they can appreciate novels and whatnot on a level which I can't - I read a novel as a story and can grasp the motives and whatnot of the characters, but English students can see the metaphors and symbolism throughout the novel without having to read the introduction which explains all that; I can't see the wood for the trees.
lb756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

I suggest you start thinking more positive about yourself. If you keep thinking your gonna **** up thats exactly what your gonna do. You should tell yourself you can do it and you can be smart...dropping out of college isn't going to help. You have to start believing in yourself more, and think about what you want in the future and work towards achieving those goals. cause nothing worth having comes easy. If you believe in yourself more you will attract more positive things in your life, you might even surprise yourself.
Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb756 View Post
I'm a physicist, but I am jealous of people who do subjects like English and History because they can appreciate novels and whatnot on a level which I can't - I read a novel as a story and can grasp the motives and whatnot of the characters, but English students can see the metaphors and symbolism throughout the novel without having to read the introduction which explains all that; I can't see the wood for the trees.
I'm so glad you covet my totally useless skills. Don't worry, I'm sure you won't feel quite the same when you are gainfully employed and I'm stuck in some dead end job somewhere...
Fuzzy Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm an engineer and i feel stupid a lot of times. The people i work with are 10x smarter than me. The people i work with have a lot of experience and have phd's. I believe there is always somebody out there that knows more than you no matter how much you think you know.
MrWorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Reading the S&C forum on here sometimes makes me feel that way.
shyvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote