X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I feel like I can't move forward with my life

Does anyone feel like this? I know with social anxiety it's pretty common, but I wanted to hear from others.

I have no friends anymore, although I do talk to a few people occasionally, but I never hang out with them. I just don't want too anymore, maybe because I feel like i've outgrown my old friends, and just haven't been able to make any new ones.

I'm too scared to get a part time job, because I sweat a lot when I'm nervous, and I get really embarrased about it. I've went to countless interviews though, and still come up with nothing.

Basically, all of my issues stop me from moving forward with my life job wise and socially.

I just feel like I'm stuck, and am never going to move forward with my life and grow as a person I guess. I know I have too, but it's hard.

Anyone else?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know the feeling. I still have a few friends and we hang out occasionally but I dread it.

Every time I go out or even think about it I get all nervous and sweaty under my arms. It is very embarrassing. It is keeping me from getting a job as well.

I know EXACTLY how you feel.
KentuckyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I know it's hard but as long as you feel that way you'll make it even harder. Try to accept you situation and set a few goals, maybe small ones if the big ones are too much, save up some money perhaps and one day in the future you'll be able to change your situation.

I've found that changing the way you think about things will change how you feel about life as well. Change the though>change the emotion>change reality.

It's pretty hard, I know it is but once you start changing you thinking into positive it will get better. Like instead of thinking, oh I'm stuck in this **** hole I call life, think I may be stuck right now but in the future I may not be. Think about how that future will be. It'll probably create some motivation/drive for you to keep going and the more positive you think, the more energy you will have because you're not wasting it on negative thoughts.

Negative thoughts cost a lot of energy.
IdontMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I feel the same way, stuck on something I don't like, a small person lost in a world he can not understand. I don't know how to move forward, and I'm too embarrassed to move backwards...
Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ugh, yes I know those feelings. Feel that way right now :/
achelle92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know that feeling. Sometimes, I feel like I'm just drifting, going nowhere. But then one cousin told me that it's better that way than to be standing still.
tronjheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

I was in a similar position at your age. Friends come and go. And then they come around again. It is best to keep trying and not lose hope.

Best wishes