X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I don't want to do anything anymore

Seriously, I want to quit my job, stop my education, stop training for my career, stop going out, and just lay down and drift of into my own little world, because I'm so sick of this world and the people in it. I just want to quit... everything. I want to hide under the covers in my bed, lock the doors and close the windows, I hate people and I don't want anything to do with them anymore.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know what you mean. I want to give up on socializing period and go live in a cave, but I also know that if I do that, I'll never be happy.
"Now, typically I wear pajamas, but I recently adopted a hobo lifestyle and pajamas are the sleep-pants of the Man. I'll have you know, Mahatma Gandhi wore no pants and a nation rallied behind him!" - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory
DeeperUnderstanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WintersTale View Post
I know what you mean. I want to give up on socializing period and go live in a cave, but I also know that if I do that, I'll never be happy.
Agreed with everything said here.
N3XT2NON3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Me too. I just want to lock myself up in my room and not deal with the world any more.
strawberryjulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you need to life your chin up and just push through these tough times.You would regret nothing more in life than to give up the opportunities you currently have through your education, even if it seems like such a bad dream at times.

At 18 you are also still young, it's a different world out there when you graduate and you want to give yourself as many opportunities as possible when you do reach that stage in your life.

So head down, keep working at it and things will begin to look up in the long term!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know what you mean. I wanna just give up on this world. I try so hard to socialize and get people to do things. I try so hard to do my best and reach my goals but the world keeps stepping on me or resisting. It is getting tiring and I feel stuck in a rut. I'm so tired. It's like I keep trying and trying and I get no reward for all my efforts......What do i do now??
snoogle_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Whenever I feel like that, it makes me realize I need a vacation. And I feel like that a lot. So I'll take one day off work and be a happy hermit all day, and then I can go back to life a little bit more restored.
deeds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

I gave up a long time ago. I dont care about much anymore. life just isnt worth it
have a nice day!!
joeclayvowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryjulius View Post
Me too. I just want to lock myself up in my room and not deal with the world any more.
That's what I did years ago and I must say, it helps. I mean, if you don't mind living on government handouts, it's fine. I'm embarrassed by it, but I never leave my room so...who cares? Lol. Not me.
If you're not fully comitted to giving up though, don't do it. You'll only set yourself back by a year or two or more so it's not worth it.

Anyways, I'm sorry all of you are feeling this way. I can definitely relate and I know the pain you all must be feeling to have reached such a point in your lives, because I've felt that pain. I still feel it, but I've felt it so long that it now feels normal to me so it's okay...
pokeherpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeherpro View Post
That's what I did years ago and I must say, it helps. I mean, if you don't mind living on government handouts, it's fine. I'm embarrassed by it, but I never leave my room so...who cares? Lol. Not me.
If you're not fully comitted to giving up though, don't do it. You'll only set yourself back by a year or two or more so it's not worth it.

Anyways, I'm sorry all of you are feeling this way. I can definitely relate and I know the pain you all must be feeling to have reached such a point in your lives, because I've felt that pain. I still feel it, but I've felt it so long that it now feels normal to me so it's okay...
I've always wondered about getting government handouts but I think my parents earn too much money. Heh.
strawberryjulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you need to life your chin up and just push through these tough times.You would regret nothing more in life than to give up the opportunities you currently have
I know just what the OP is feeling and honestly, it's hard to see something as an opportunity when you just don't want it and don't care anymore. The world is pretty much wide open for me. And yet.......I don't really want anything. I just want to exist and nothing more.
PickleNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #12 (permalink)

me too.

-------------------------------------------------------
CopadoMexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

I can relate, because I've been feeling the same way for quite some time.

Have you ever walked down the street and happen to spot a homeless person begging for money? People normally say, "Avoid eye contact or else you'll never get rid of them." I thought about that not long ago when I was driving to an appointment. I spotted a homeless person sitting on a corner with a sign that said, "Need Food Plase." I couldn't tell whether the misspelling was on purpose to provoke sympathy or if he was really uneducated. Either way, it worked for me and I flew a couple of bucks out the window. As I was driving away, I noticed he pulled out two packets of cigarettes. I couldn't help but laughing. To each their own, and in his own weird way he earned it.

Anyways, it made me realize how much effort I put into avoiding the people in my life, family, friends, co-workers, etc. Everyday, I divert my eyes away from family members to avoid conversation, yet a homeless person suckered me in. Maybe, in some way I found I can relate to that homeless person, in that I've given up on many things in life. And some days I just want to pull out my two packs of cigarettes and waiver my sign around, "F@$& Off Plase!" :-)
GoldenGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds14 View Post
Whenever I feel like that, it makes me realize I need a vacation. And I feel like that a lot. So I'll take one day off work and be a happy hermit all day, and then I can go back to life a little bit more restored.
This often helps me, too.

No matter my intention, it seems I have a finite capacity for being around people - I mean, I'll have days and days where I manage to go to work, and at a certain point...I just need to stop. It makes me wonder what would happen if I never took "mental health days".

I think if I were to entirely withdraw from society, however, I'd most miss those odd, unexpected encounters: for example, I was out walking later at night (I live in a large-ish city), and some homeless guy started talking to me. I was beyond nervous, and not at all eager to talk to someone who could easily hurt me very badly, but it ended up being interesting and surprisingly comfortable (relative to my other social interactions). We walked together for several blocks while he was telling me about his circumstances. I learned about the life of another human being, in a very unconventional way. In a way, I guess, I sort of live for that kind of thing: rare, unvarnished, unexpected, beautiful connection with another human being.

At the same time, on most days, I just want to say "**** it" and retreat to my efficiency nest with books and films and music and Internet connection and knitting paraphernalia, and never talk to anyone except my dearest friend/sweetheart.
DuncanThaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

I feel the same.
neurotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds14 View Post
I usually work part time. I don't think I could handle a full time job, even though I've had one and it went fine. I'm also proud for being able to work full time occasionally. If I had a job where I could use sick days, I'd take off as much as I could.I can handle hanging with friends about once every 3 weeks. I like being alone during the day. I don't talk a lot even to my family. I know I'm an introvert and peace and quiet is what reenergizes introverts. Extroverts need people to be energized. As long as I know I have a few friends to hang out with once in awhile, I'm good. Most of the time. I have times when I feel very lonely too.
epril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogonu View Post
Seriously, I want to quit my job, stop my education, stop training for my career, stop going out, and just lay down and drift of into my own little world, because I'm so sick of this world and the people in it. I just want to quit... everything. I want to hide under the covers in my bed, lock the doors and close the windows, I hate people and I don't want anything to do with them anymore.
I feel like this all the time. A few times so strongly that I had to call in sick to work, and I spent the whole day doing exactly that: hiding under the covers, behind a locked door. And you know what? It just made me feel worse. I think this means that hiding out in my bed is not REALLY what I want to do. What I really want to do is be able to interact with people normally.

Stupid logical brain ruining my hermit sick day.
red jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

People would probably frown at this but honestly the quieter i am the happier i am. Obviously i can't go through life being a mute but the less i talk the better. Every single interaction i have with another human being is laced with fear so i'm better off minimising the discomfort.
I can totally relate to you yogonu, but don't throw in your job at least you've got one i need one
bottleofblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

me too ... i really have to clean my room, then i'm like i can't, i'm just curled up on the computer. then i look around the room and i'm like what a life ... i'm normally a neat freak, i'm making myself sick
Sloppy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

i have this intense feeling to just lay down in the bed im sitting in front of and just drift off to sleep.

but there's always that nagging feeling that ill have to get up in the morning and atleast show my parents im alive.

the problem with escapism is that's exactly what you cant do. you cant hide from LIFE... and if you choose to sit this one out, you may not get called again...

i'm trying not to lay down anymore.
rantan is offline   Reply With Quote