X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #61 (permalink)

I agree. Humans are disgusting and shallow. I'll be honest when it comes to girls I really only care about looks. There have been girls who were complete idiots and mean but I liked them and then there were nice sweet girls who weren't so hot and I didn't even bother with them. But honestly its human nature to chase the attractive people our genetics have programmed us this way. People worship money, sex drugs and fame what can I say ? the whole world is shallow
HeavyweightSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #62 (permalink)

Honestly i wish I could apologize for treating women like that. like pieces of meat. I dont like this mentality that people are just a measure of how good looking they are or status. Its just bs man. but im guilty of it. i know I was wrong I dont even deserve a woman the way I treated them.
HeavyweightSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon75 View Post
He wasn't talking about simply dating someone you find attractive, but the fact that almost everyone dates people they find attractive, and then they blame each other after breaking up, never realising that maybe it wasn't a good idea to place the looks in the first line, and see if there's something good going on with the other person.
Are you sure you are not reading your own meaning in the OP's words? I agree, only using attractiveness as indicator is bad, however, discounting attractiveness fully is also equally bad. Lets say, you meet someone, someone you love being around, share common interest and hobbies, but you don't really find attractive, however, you go and create a relationship with them because you think you're not going to find your ideal. Years later, because this is the way life is, you find your ideal partner, you share interest and hobbies, you love being around them and you find them very attractive, and ditto for them to you. One of two things will happen, either you will break up with your current partner to have a relationship with your ideal, or you stay with your current partner and harbor resentful thoughts against them. In both cases, you are hurting a person who doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
I myself never had a girlfriend. No one would go out with me, just because I don't look like Beckham. I always respect girls, talk to them in need, compliment them and things like that...
Just because you are nice to women, doesn't mean they are required to date you.

Quote:
...and I get angry when a douche who's ignoring the girl I like gets her just instantly because he has beautiful clothes and some muscles. Actually, some douches has no interest in having a real relationship. I found myself in a conversation with a douche and I told him "Meh, congrats for your relationship, I hope you two will be happy together" and he said "Man, I'm trying to find a way to convince her have sex with me!." And he was just a 14 years old. Is that normal?
In that case, both parties are being shallow, they sound great together. Do you really want to be with someone who is shallow anyway?
MaxPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #64 (permalink)

I totally agree with you. I just try to ignore people and this life is a waste anyways, that's why I drink it off. The fastest way to end the world is to end yourself.
LifeSuckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDude View Post
When I say that I mean ones in my area obviously. They always say there's someone on the planet for everyone but they forget how limited people are to meeting others and the fact that I'll most likely die only visiting a miniscule fraction of the Earth. If there's a dream girl for me in Kansas or Zimbabwe I would never get a chance to know.
Stop lookin for your dream girl. There is Internet full of dating sites. and if you don't travel, then give a change to them who wants to travel to your town.
SnowFlakesFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDude View Post
Weight isn't the issue with me but my looks are. I'm in my sophomore year of college and ready to call it quits. I was bullying for all of high school which shattered my self-esteem and triggered my SA and possibly BDD as well and had to see a psychiatrist.

He put me on Paxil and I took it for a year but then after that my paranoia, irrational fears, and nihilistic thoughts grew and it's just getting worse but I'm too afraid to even talk to my psychiatrist.

I mentioned to my mom back when I was on the Paxil about my suicidal thoughts but over the year of not taking them I'm steadily growing more and more tempted to.

I try to convince myself it's not a big deal to be single and that rejection is normal (not 100% of the time though) and I make illogical rants like this thread to justify the bleakness. It never helps for an extended duration though...
I am not perfect either. But there is only rare people who can deal with things like this in a relationship. There is couples who help each others to be stronger but most of people are looking for "easy" partners.

My 2 aunts lived with suicidal person, another mad commit suicide and left my aunt with 2 kids. Another man stop threating when my aunt finally got enough and said yes, kill yourself, I will bring a rope. He died heart attack couple of years later. It is mentally extreamely rough to be in a relationship if there is more troubles to handle for 1 or 2 people.

Relationship itself does not take problems away and most of times it just increase problems. Because there is no perfect people instead having only your problems to deal with couples have both partners problems to deal with. More than that couples has something extra and that is conflicts as a couple to deal with.

I am not saying nobody could love us troubled people but only rare people could handle a relationship with one.
SnowFlakesFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #67 (permalink)

you think looks are shallow but you and everyone else who thinks that - are also shallow. looks arent everything but neither is personality. prioritizing one over the other is just as shallow as prioritizing something else. people understand what personality is because they arent born with looks, but do they know what looks mean? no because they never picked up a book and read what genetics is. they do not appreciate genetics because they HATE others who have what they dont, they ARE JEALOUS.

the only people who are not shallow are THOSE who see both parts as a whole of A human being, NOT one and ignore the other because they are jealous or deficient.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #68 (permalink)

Right on bro. Unfortunately the sun will die after our lifetimes, unless we figure out how to sustain people in states of living decay further than we already have.

Concerning the whole dating people you're attracted to topic: I really think in the end physical attraction IS important but I don't think many people put enough time and consideration into people who may not immediately grab their interest. It's possibe to have someone grow on you. Who they are can make them physically more attractive. It's happened to me.
Slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Looks matter? Hahah if your wallet is thick *****es will come after your *** ***** if ur broke as **** and your ugl, you are finito, if you are ugly and rich you will get ***** everyday *****es only after da greens
Huh?
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #70 (permalink)

Men arnt much better, they think they need to have a gathering of women to stick it in. Most people these days are shallow, half the people on this forum are shallow if what they write is anything to go by.
lettersnumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #71 (permalink)

Yea. It goes both ways though. Plus, people suck.
gfle is offline   Reply With Quote