X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 04-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How to get rid of negative energy?

*Forgive me if i'm not making any sense..i'm having trouble right now trying to put what i'm feeling into words*

I want to do my best to get rid of any negative energy, and I want to enhance the positive energy within myself, my body, and my soul. I just feel like such an negative,depressed person and i cannot control it no matter what i do. Negative thoughts, feelings, ideas, deeds and attitudes sends out negative vibes into the universe and other negatives seek it out and come to you. I've been dealing with this my whole life. It seems like whenever i do try to think to be postive..negativetly enters my mind again and its hard to get rid of. I'm sick of this, but i don't know what to do. Even my brother told me once that i make him uncomfortable. That seriously hurt me. I believe alot of people i come in contact with feel this way. I've noticed that people don't wanna be in my presence much because i give off this bad vibe. This has made me a very anti-social,angry,bitter person...but i hate having these feelings. They are not healthy for me or those around me. I really need positive vibes in my life right now. With these jobs coming up...i really need it.

People always say that happiness comes from within yourself, BUT how in the hell do you achieve that happiness without the negatives coming in all the time trying to ruin things??? How do you train yourself? I've been trying to put my faith in God but its just not working. Something isn't clicking and i'm frustrated. I can be on the right track for a while, but then i get thrown off and i start hating God.

What should i do? Should i rent The Secret and watch that?

I also heard about sage smudge sticks
Old 04-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: How to get rid of negative energy?

Shauna, from personal experience, I have found that changing oneself and learning to live positively takes a great deal of time and effort. Not to mention a tremendous amount of patience with yourself. No matter how much effort you put into thinking positively, youíre not going to change overnight. I donít mean to discourage you by saying this, but changing oneself is very difficult indeed. It may be one of the hardest things you ever do. And so, youíve got to give yourself credit for taking on this tremendous task and feel good about the steps youíve made, no matter how small they may be.

Sometimes we go through a faze where we batter our minds with all the same old Ďpositiveí thoughts over and over again and expect ourselves to change. And when nothing happens, we get frustrated. What we donít realize is that though our positive thoughts may have worked at one point, they wonít necessarily work forever. And if you have found that they donít work, then theyíre not positive anymore. You need to re-examine your negative thoughts and try to come up with new positive ways of thinking. And, as time goes on, you need to keep re-adjusting that thinking. If you have trouble doing that, try asking a therapist or close friend for help or buy some self-help books. Youíre not alone. There are plenty of great resources and people out there willing to help.

And about your brother and peopleís dissatisfaction with you: There will always be people who expect will things of you--who will want you to be this and that way. Itís terrible, I know, but there will always be people who will be dissatisfied with who you are or who will just plain hate you, no matter how wonderful and lovable you may become as a person. The only way to truly be happy with yourself is to start focusing inward.

And as for you being a ďvery anti-social, angry, bitter person,Ē... even if that is how you are, can you accept that that is where you are right now? Because although other people may not like it, itís okay for you to be that way for now. Because the impression I got out of your post is that you're doing the best you can; you've just got some tough obstacles in your way. And as long as you are doing your best to move forward, as long as you are moving positively toward healing and growth, you canít expect any more of yourself. You will change, you will grow, you just need to give yourself the time and room to do it.
Nuthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: re: How to get rid of negative energy?

Quote:
Shauna, from personal experience, I have found that changing oneself and learning to live positively takes a great deal of time and effort. Not to mention a tremendous amount of patience with yourself. No matter how much effort you put into thinking positively, youíre not going to change overnight. I donít mean to discourage you by saying this, but changing oneself is very difficult indeed. It may be one of the hardest things you ever do. And so, youíve got to give yourself credit for taking on this tremendous task and feel good about the steps youíve made, no matter how small they may be.
I know it will take time..which is hard for me to accept. I wish i could be able to change over night, but that won't happen. It just takes soo much out of me trying to stay positive. I feel like a drug addict trying to get and stay clean.

Quote:
If you have trouble doing that, try asking a therapist or close friend for help or buy some self-help books. Youíre not alone. There are plenty of great resources and people out there willing to help.
I was thinking about doing cbt and regular therapy again. The first time didn't go well because i couldnt get out of myself and fully give into the process. Its hard for me to open up like that. It was the most stressful thing i ever had to do. I think reaching out for help is a good thing, but sometimes you feel like you're becoming a burden on them with all your problems. Nobody wants to be around a negative person all the time. It takes alot of patience and understanding. This time around..i will try and commit to the process without holding back and being soo scared. I think deep down though, i'm scared to change who i am. I don't even know who i am without all the baggage/stuff. I haven't even established my true personality. Who am i......i have no sense of self.

Quote:
And about your brother and peopleís dissatisfaction with you: There will always be people who expect will things of you--who will want you to be this and that way. Itís terrible, I know, but there will always be people who will be dissatisfied with who you are or who will just plain hate you, no matter how wonderful and lovable you may become as a person.
Unfortunally, thats a sad reality.

Quote:
And as for you being a ďvery anti-social, angry, bitter person,Ē... even if that is how you are, can you accept that that is where you are right now? Because although other people may not like it, itís okay for you to be that way for now. Because the impression I got out of your post is that you're doing the best you can; you've just got some tough obstacles in your way. And as long as you are doing your best to move forward, as long as you are moving positively toward healing and growth, you canít expect any more of yourself. You will change, you will grow, you just need to give yourself the time and room to do it.
I've accpeted this part of myself, but that don't mean i like it. Being this way..affects every aspect of my life. It also drains me of energy and isn't good for my health. I get servere headaches when i get angry. Sometimes i just have to sit down,take a deep breath, and calm myself down. I'm finding it hard to get past this phase. Its becoming damn near impossible for me and my Aunt to co-exist in this apartment together. I'm always in a bad mood and i'm very irrititable(sp?). Just the sound of her voice drives me crazy. I know she can't help the way she is, but i'm not sensitive to her anymore. I've become soo self-absorbed and ingrained into my own issues and problems. I'm not capable of caring for her anymore...something needs to change. At this point in my life...i feel like i need to cut everybody off so i can fully work on myself u know. I have to do all of this alone because all the people around me(mainly family) are negative as well. They don't do anything but cause me more pain. They are not good for me..they don't wish me well. I have no genuine OFFLINE support and it scary. Deep down...i feel like a hurt,wounded,scared little girl. Its soo much pain there

I don't wanna live like this anymore and i now know that i have the power to change. Its all up to me. Its going to be a long,hard road ahead.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default re: How to get rid of negative energy?

I can totally relate to your feelings about being a negative person, shauna. I also think that the others' advice is pretty accurate. One thing that I'll add is that beating yourself up with negative thoughts doesn't really do anything to change the situation. If anything, negative thoughts just magnify how bad things are, or seem to be. I know it's easier to talk about being positive than actually being positive when something bad has happened or when you're frustrated that you're not seeing the fruits of your labor. It's not easy to change deeply ingrained emotions and beliefs, and know that you're not the only one who has difficulty with negativity. =)
Btw, I recently saw "the secret" and would recommend it. I don't think that it's a cure-all, but I found it to be somewhat inspiring and i can see how having more positive and constructive thoughts would provide more help in changing one's life than retaining negative thought patterns, especially those caused by SA.
island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
*Forgive me if i'm not making any sense..i'm having trouble right now trying to put what i'm feeling into words*

I want to do my best to get rid of any negative energy, and I want to enhance the positive energy within myself, my body, and my soul. I just feel like such an negative,depressed person and i cannot control it no matter what i do. Negative thoughts, feelings, ideas, deeds and attitudes sends out negative vibes into the universe and other negatives seek it out and come to you. I've been dealing with this my whole life. It seems like whenever i do try to think to be postive..negativetly enters my mind again and its hard to get rid of. I'm sick of this, but i don't know what to do. Even my brother told me once that i make him uncomfortable. That seriously hurt me. I believe alot of people i come in contact with feel this way. I've noticed that people don't wanna be in my presence much because i give off this bad vibe. This has made me a very anti-social,angry,bitter person...but i hate having these feelings. They are not healthy for me or those around me. I really need positive vibes in my life right now. With these jobs coming up...i really need it.

People always say that happiness comes from within yourself, BUT how in the hell do you achieve that happiness without the negatives coming in all the time trying to ruin things??? How do you train yourself? I've been trying to put my faith in God but its just not working. Something isn't clicking and i'm frustrated. I can be on the right track for a while, but then i get thrown off and i start hating God.

What should i do? Should i rent The Secret and watch that?

I also heard about sage smudge sticks
It will take time, you wont just change over night. Each day, take the time to single out the things in your life, even if small, and appreciate them and be thankful for them and remind yourself what you like about those things.
Also, try clearing your chakras. Google it and follow a procedure in a magnesium Dead Sea salt 1 inch of water bath. Very helpful meditation exercise.
reneecurfman28 is offline   Reply With Quote