X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 12-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Girl ignores me

I'm probably just over thinking things as I usually do, but I don't understand this girl. One minute she seems interested the next she seems indifferent. I asked her out to a movie we talked a lot on the ride up and I learned a lot about her and her family. I thought things went really well, she even told me she had fun when I dropped her off. But then she hardly ever responds to my texts and when I tried to do something with her again she said she was busy. WTF! I'm just frustrated and confused. What's her deal?
DAV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

girls rarely make sense, dont take it personally.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Quitting while you are ahead isn't the same thing as quitting; lesser known fact
Noca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV3 View Post
What's her deal?
why don't you ask her??

be like "hey you never asnwer my texts etc...do you hate me or something??"....something along those lines...try it in a "jokey" manner if you can so you dont make her feel bad
Old 12-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

I rarely respond to my texts either unless I'm asked a question or have something worthwhile to say back. Maybe she was really busy? Could be.. but a lot of the time girls will be nice to begin with so they don't hurt your feelings and slowly just start to drift away (purposely).

If I were you I would just see how things go naturally, if she really likes you then she'll take the initiative to go out again.

How do you say goodbye, 

When you've hardly said hello?

snowfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

She's playing games with you. She has other options besides you, and likes the fact that you're chasing her. The problem is, the more you chase her, the more you're giving her what she wants (attention) and turning her off in the process. The only thing you can do is find another girl. You wouldn't want to go out with a girl like her anyway.
moretimeleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

She might have other things going on right now. It's NOT!!! a good idea to mention that she didn't respond to your texts. Most girls, unless she's a very outgoing and confident person, will end up being scared and you risk being labeled a "stalker". Just casually call her up and ask how she's doing. Don't set a date for doing anything. Just let her know you're thinking about her. She'll be flattered and maybe things will progress from there.
beautibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moretimeleft View Post
She's playing games with you. She has other options besides you, and likes the fact that you're chasing her. The problem is, the more you chase her, the more you're giving her what she wants (attention) and turning her off in the process. The only thing you can do is find another girl. You wouldn't want to go out with a girl like her anyway.
She's not an attention *****. I know those when I see them.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Don't worry about it much. There's plenty of girls out there.

Be patient. Maybe she really was busy. If it becomes evident that she's not interested, move on. Don't give her too much attention, it may just feed her ego or make her view you negatively.
flapjacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Maybe she was just being nice when she said she had fun.
shyvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

I know how you feel because I once went out with a guy like this. He was very nice to me when we went out together but the next day onwards he was nowhere to be seen. He would spend hours playing video games and not picking up the phone or returning my calls. Everytime I gave up and stopped calling him he would wait for a couple of days (apparently expecting me to call him) and when he realized I was not going to call him, he would call me out of the blues and act like nothing happened. Then he would spend another day with me and start playing the same old game again.

I think people like that don't really want us but they don't like to end it either, because they enjoy the attention.

Let's say this girl is not interested in you anymore, yet the decent way of handling this is to tell you that straight don't you think? If she doesn't like to tell you to your face then maybe she can send you a text message saying that right? Are you really going to believe that she is so busy she doesn't have 5 minutes to give you a call? She can't make 1 hour to see you?

I don't know how long she has been doing it but if it is for a considerable period then she is definitely playing a cruel game with you.
TheVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Well I'm guessing you guys were probably right. Not to be all emo, but I feel like dying right now. I went into work yesterday and one of my coworkers got a text message from her that said she wanted the number of the cute guy with glasses that was in the store the other day. Oh and just my luck this guy happens to be the workplace ******* too. So she wasn't really busy after all, she was just ignoring me. Imagine that, the girl I like goes for the ******* AGAIN. I'm tired of playing games with her I'm going to tell her how I feel about her and if she just wants to be friends, I'm going to tell her I want nothing to do with her. See the thing is, I don't want to be just friends, with her, hell I don't think I can be just friends. You know what I don't think I'm going to have anythign to do with her by the end of all of this, but that's probably a good thing.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

just ignore her, what's the point of wasting your time and energy when it only makes you angrier? then if she asks you if you want to do something, just say no without showing any emotion and say you have better things to do
MobiusX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
So she wasn't really busy after all, she was just ignoring me.
Of course she wasn't. What girl on earth will be too busy that doesn't have time to pick up the damn phone and give this guy a call if she is really interested?

I don't blame you though. It took me a while to understand what's going on too
Old 12-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

I guess the good people are always going to be **** on in favor of *******s. I hate humanity.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

Ugh I feel like and idiot and a real *******, she just came out to me when I told her how I feel.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #16 (permalink)

What do you mean?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoid View Post
What do you mean?
She's not into guys. WHAT A TWIST! Strangely I feel a lot better.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
She's not into guys. WHAT A TWIST! Strangely I feel a lot better.
What a happy ending it is...lol.
Just kidding
Old 12-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

So are you going to keep her as a friend? She may be able to give you some advice about girls in the future if you endevor into another relationship, heh.
shyvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

Either she's playing hard to get or your making the mistake of becoming to close to quickly?
Riverspeed is offline   Reply With Quote