Finally ready to get my license, what's a driving test like? - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 08-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Finally ready to get my license, what's a driving test like?

Im ready to get my license finally. I've been practicing driving for about a year now, im still a little nervous in traffic and going through conjested areas like town and such. But i am ready to get my license. Im too nervous to do so though. What was the test like for ya'll? Got any tips?
mardy423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

My tips are..

Look around A LOT. Over exaggerate when viewing your mirrors when at a stop sign or anything of that sort.

Make sure you instructor has his/her seatbelt. They might not put it on on purpose to see if you paying attention.

Don't rush when parallel parking

Keep at an even speed. not too fast & not to slow.

Just relax while doing it. My test only lasted about 5 minutes (still need to pass it though)

i'm going again on monday
N3XT2NON3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh crap, i need to practice my parallel parking.
mardy423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah I second the exaggerate everything, stop for the full three seconds, mirrors, blinkers, etc. Parallel parking wasn't as big a deal as my driver's ed class made it out to be, as long as you know the motions it doesn't have to be that perfect, my tester didn't even make me do the whole thing. Oh and you should know where some of the buttons are on your car...I didn't...like defroster... Good luck!!
kanarazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would definitely get ready to make lane changes - that seems to be a main part of the test. And I second what one of the post-ers said above about checking to see if the instructor has his/her seat belt on. Adjust the mirrors if needed, check your mirrors often.
And most importantly, don't forget to breathe. It sounds so silly, but the tip can be easily forgotten. Just relax.
wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey I can identify with you being nervous about taking your drivers exam. Actually today I practiced parallel parking with my father. I will be taking the test in a few days and I'm already dreading it.
rcapo89 is offline   Reply With Quote