X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 08-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Feeling like no one cares about me

I know it's not absolutely true that no one cares about me, but... I think I should have friends to help me through this hard time, and I don't. I'm guessing all the people I know (mostly acquaintances and mostly just on facebook) probably have no idea what I am going through right now. And of course I'm not going to tell them because I don't want to play the victim or be a burden on anyone. I feel bad enough about posting on here, but I need SOMEBODY to talk to! Even if no one answers, at least I'm getting my feelings out. I have a boyfriend who I am thankful for, but he is so busy and even though he knows I am going through a tough time right now and is pretty understanding, I think he is turned off that I have no friends. I've been depressed for so long...seriously like 17 years (I'm 23). I just want to be happy but I've been wondering for a long time if I ever will be.
disappearingfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just want you to know I don't have any friends either and my fam don't understand me. They just stand clear away from me. So if u need someone to talk to u can pm me anytime and we can get through it together
shygurl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well you can PM me because I care and I want to help anyway I can :-)
Rossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Dont wanna repeat what was said already but yeah, any time, we are here to help. You are not alone, at least not anymore
Daniel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygurl25 View Post
I just want you to know I don't have any friends either and my fam don't understand me. They just stand clear away from me. So if u need someone to talk to u can pm me anytime and we can get through it together
I'm sorry your family doesn't understand you Mine doesn't either, but they won't leave me alone! They're always asking what's wrong and trying to get me to do stuff. I appreciate their help, but I don't feel like doing anything and doing stuff with my parents all the time got old quick. My dad is always telling me to just snap out of it. He doesn't understand. I tried to kill myself once and he called me stupid. That was nice lol
disappearingfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingfaerie View Post
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it

I'm sorry your family doesn't understand you Mine doesn't either, but they won't leave me alone! They're always asking what's wrong and trying to get me to do stuff. I appreciate their help, but I don't feel like doing anything and doing stuff with my parents all the time got old quick. My dad is always telling me to just snap out of it. He doesn't understand. I tried to kill myself once and he called me stupid. That was nice lol
Well ur a strong person to have the guts to tell ur parents. I never told my mom about that. I told her something that happened to me when I was younger and she didnt believe me. That act alone affected me for the rest of my life. I believe that's why I have social anxiety now. What I say dosent matter. Just be strong and try to see a therapist if u can. It feels good to talk to someone that actually believe u and want to help u.
shygurl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Those who don't suffer from this kind of anxiety can't relate I've been told that I can just change when I want to and since I don't take the effort to change it's why I'm the way I am. And this was told to me during a serious conversation with my mother when I first brought it up. Non-suffers will never relate thats why I gravitated to here to find like minded people who can relate however even then I sometimes have issues posting or even appearing in the chat-room don't know why but it gives me issues at times. :s

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...s-of-sas-2721/

Join the world of SAS Boarders and pledge your shred!
GenoWhirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah my family doesnt understand me either. They know I'm feeling down, but they dont say anything that make me feel any better. Its gotten to the point where they dont even bother communicating with me anymoree. All they care about is me finding a job.
nova shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default I understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoWhirl View Post
Those who don't suffer from this kind of anxiety can't relate I've been told that I can just change when I want to and since I don't take the effort to change it's why I'm the way I am. And this was told to me during a serious conversation with my mother when I first brought it up. Non-suffers will never relate thats why I gravitated to here to find like minded people who can relate however even then I sometimes have issues posting or even appearing in the chat-room don't know why but it gives me issues at times. :s
People are in control of how they feel about things. I strongly believe positivity can move mountains...but there is this part of my subconscious that I cannot control. Most days I feel fine but couple times a month I will have these dreams that my fiance doesn't want to have anything to do with me and no one cares. I will wake up with such strong and real emotion that I start to cry. This makes me feel crazy but then I think of why I'm upset and realize that I feel alone most of the time, like no one understands me.
echof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova shy View Post
Yeah my family doesnt understand me either. They know I'm feeling down, but they dont say anything that make me feel any better. Its gotten to the point where they dont even bother communicating with me anymoree. All they care about is me finding a job.
I'm really sorry that no one asks you why you're upset.....will you tell me whats wrong? I am not looking for a pity case I just know how it feels and want you to know that you can tell me.
echof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

I used to feel that way and sometimes I still do. You have to create the life you want for yourself. If you put in that effort it will pay off. For example, I have a Mom who is not emotionally there for me and never was. So I joined a womens group when I was young. That gave me the support and friendship I was lacking in my family. The group I joined was called Beta Sigma Phi and it's international and open to any woman, any age. You need to look after yourself and try to create what you are lacking from a family.
sslama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have always been a misfit all of my life. I am now 38 years old and cannot for the life of me hold the attention of others or make them care enough about me. I cannot say I'm completely alone, but I feel like others feel bad for me or something. It's like they feel obligated instead of willing. I love to make people feel good and do nice things for them but cannot fathom why I seem to repel/push people away from me. I understand that I have issues like most people, but there is obviously cognitive blockage that I am not aware of. I do try to evaluate my actions and attitude to determine if there is something that I need to work on. I know that I still need to work on myself more, but I have seen so many people with way more insecurities than myself that seem to have better relationships with people than I do. I hope one day I figure out what this might be so I can have people want to be with around me instead of tolerate me.
redandblue is offline   Reply With Quote