X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Frustration

Old 10-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default feeling different than other people

I don't know. I just feel different than other people.

Just my thoughts how i think about my life and issues and the world, my beliefs, my worldview, my own needs as person, and the way i express myself.

i don't know anyone quite like me.

i think this is the reason why i feel so alone in the world.

I just don't know anymore.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

It is SO easy to feel like we're alone in the way we think, act and feel, especially with SA. Our lack of interaction with others doesnt give us much opportunity for finding meaningful connections.

xoxo
Maggi
How can I ever dream perfection-dreams?
Move, I must, forward.
Fly, I must, upward.
Dive, I must, inward,
To be once more
What I truly am
And shall forever remain.
itsmemaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I feel the exact same way as you do I don't value the same things as my peers do, and whenever I do express my opinions to others they always respond in a weird way.
tewstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Re: feeling different than other people

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsure

Just my thoughts how i think about my life and issues and the world, my beliefs, my worldview, my own needs as person, and the way i express myself.

You're not alone in the world, you just need to find like minded people.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

unsure I know what you mean too

It seems like in every new situation I enter ppl seem so different than me

it can get depressing and we start to wonder what is wrong with us but I'm really trying to work hard on telling myself there is nothing wrong with me or anyone else for that matter...I just have a hard time accepting myself and sometimes other ppl which may be the root of my problem..
But I know the heart of life is good

Try not to be careless or jealous with hearts
And try not to think of the end from the start
And don't cripple your future with limps from ur past
Cause it can get cold when those covers get thrown

http://www.amulett.etsy.com
Maike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I always speculate that I'm very different from people. Don't know what it is, just that I'm a unique individual, noone else on earth like me, blah blah. But I find it hard to relate to people, and hard to believe they go through similiar emotions. I guess it's sort of arrogance on my part. I guess people are pretty much alike underneath their different circumstances, upbringings, etc. I'm very, very isolated from the world, and it's easy to feel this way. I'm hoping to meet people of common grounds in person. It would be so nice.
IndigoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Unsure,

Do we really want to know somebody exactly like us? Just the thought of having a "doppelganger" like is enough to scare me.

It's the SA. When you are around people, you will find that you have more in common than you think.
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Re: feeling different than other people

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsure

Just my thoughts how i think about my life and issues and the world, my beliefs, my world view, my own needs as person, and the way i express myself.

I don't know anyone quite like me in the world either. I try to think of it as that I'm unique There are some people that I feel a connection with but those are few and far between... and of those people, there's only 2 that really 'get' me. Most people, I share one or two (maybe) things in common with and that's about it.

~Def Leppard~
leppardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah I think most of us feel like we are alone until we find a site like this or something. But if you feel you feel different, tell us about it, tell us how you feel. Its always the best way to work it out I feel much better here after I have let out some of my experiences that I normally keep locked up.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

That is exactly what i feel like! Have you felt different ever since you were a kid, or only more recent?
amyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post

I can relate. I don`t mind being `alone`though.
Misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Smile I feel my surroundings.

I have a hard time fitting in because I can see behind the things people say , the looks they give, and the quiet words shared when I should not look. I see the true nature of people and how dirty or dark they really are. It is not just suspicion. I watch people and look for their reactions. People tell on themselves. Their facial expressions, the way they cut their eyes, the tone of their voice and what they say. That is not to say that I have not been fooled before. Quite to the contrary!!!!!! I am still surprisingly willing to trust and befriend because I am so wanting to have friends. But this world of cold critical people , has little to offer!!!!!!! I have been hurt many many times by people who were a light and friendly presence covering a dark , mean , and cunning inner core. I love these little smilies LOL!!! Anyway I would like to know if any one out there seems to socialize this way. I read people basically. I have sometimes thought I was kind of crazy , but the older I get and the more seasoned my instincts get, the more I am finding how accurate my instincts are turning out to be. Unfortunately!!!!!!
RitaHolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post

story of my life right there
Pialicious88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have the same "issue" as well. I guess because of isolation from other kids I became interested in things that aren't very popular. I can't relate to people who are in love with Justin Bieber and things like that, and it's difficult to maintain a relationship when you have nothing in common.
And you feel strange when people try to talk to you. So get a job, it's safer than art. Maybe people won't point and stare so much. Even if they're only in your head. Especially if they're only in your head."

sociallyretarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sociallyretarded View Post
I have the same "issue" as well. I guess because of isolation from other kids I became interested in things that aren't very popular. I can't relate to people who are in love with Justin Bieber and things like that, and it's difficult to maintain a relationship when you have nothing in common.
justin bieber lol talented kid but the industry is making him look bad.
Pialicious88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

I completely relate to the OP. I've always felt different, much more sensitive, I'm very existential and introverted, and feel like I think differently. I've felt like an alien. Which planet did they drop me off from?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppardess View Post
I don't know anyone quite like me in the world either. I try to think of it as that I'm unique There are some people that I feel a connection with but those are few and far between... and of those people, there's only 2 that really 'get' me. Most people, I share one or two (maybe) things in common with and that's about it.
I relate to this. Maybe two people in my whole life I relate to where we understand each other at a certain level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthropic View Post
I can relate. I don`t mind being `alone`though.
I actually enjoy being alone, most of the time and then have times of extreme loneliness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Unsure,

Do we really want to know somebody exactly like us? Just the thought of having a "doppelganger" like is enough to scare me.

It's the SA. When you are around people, you will find that you have more in common than you think.
It helps to remember this. I try to find ways how we're alike when among other people.

I am not my past. I am not my anxiety, nor depression. I am not my gender, or color, or social status, or occupation title, or any other label. I am not my story.
OregonMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

Default i think different than other people

Most of the time, i always dream of being a great person... (A great leader)..... (Having a large army of people who help our country)... (Nationalist/Communist).... I always think I was send by the heaven to changed the world.... Some time when watch news (Disaster, crimes) Ex; A woman who has snatch her bag by a guy, (if i was the judgement, I will cut his both arm for his punishment) all crimes have consequences...... I think so different..... The thing I know that, I Idolized many great people, (Napoleon, Joseph Stalin, etc..) I like watching world history.... need help for this..
RaphaelFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

I feel the same way too. I always observe and analyze people i meet. I then become dumbfounded by how easy it is for them to start a converstaion with others, and immediatly bond with that person. At the same time I ALWAYS felt like people treat me like im invisible when i talk to them.
jamminjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

Default Volleyball Leagues

Volleyball Leagues
http://www.metrosportsleagues.com
frustration very bad word so try to full happiness in your life
metro99 is offline   Reply With Quote